Bearded Men: Do You Allow Your Mustache To Grow Over Your Lip? Or Trim It Above Your Lip?

It's time for a quick trim (1-2cm) for my beard, just to take care of the split ends and to round it out so it doesn't grow into a point over the winter, but as I was finishing up my chin, I couldn't help but notice that I prefer my mustache to grow down over my lip for a thicker, more full look.

However, whenever I go to the barber for a professional trim he always trims my mustache above my lip for a more refined, classic Hollywood type style.

It got me thinking, there's a lot of different styles out there. So fellow facial hair fanatics, which one do you personally use? And why do you prefer that over the others?Bearded Men: Do You Allow Your Mustache To Grow Over Your Lip? Or Trim It Above Your Lip?

Most Helpful Guy

• An over-the-lip mustache is a soup and gravy retainer. Above-the-lip is a cleaner look.

• At age 61 I'm inclined to take your opinions more seriously than had you been forty years younger. Haha.

I agree with the over-the-lip being hard to maintain with liquids, especially drinking a beer or coffee, it gets sapped. Though I find putting a little wax in it and keeping the hairs brushed to the side a bit helps.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Mine is trimmed above the lip for practical reasons.