Do black women get enough attention for their beauty?

159

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not. It's always saddened me how grossly under appreciated they are. Oh well, more for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. Especially not if you're a black dark skinned girl which sucks. :T

What Guys Said 8

• No i think they should be recognized more just like any other race of women.

• Yes, they get enough attention.

• I'm not sure that they do , personally I love all different shades of black women , so light skinned as well as very dark.

• it depends on the region. generally... probably not

• I don't find them attractive, not racist just simply not attracted. They can be very sweet and nice like anyone. I'm just purely not attracted.

• Neither yes or no. They dont "deserve" any attention for being beautiful. You say theyre beautiful as if it is an objective fact and its not. Beauty is subjective.

• these are islanders lmao and they aren't attractive

• They get the attention they deserve. That is, people who find them attractive give them the same attention as other people they find equally attractive. You can't fake that stuff.

What Girls Said 14

• Attention? Sure. We're often fetishized and sexualized. Representation? Love and respect? Not so much.

• Not in white countries, no.

• i this women get ways too much attention for beauty. its unhealthy and its at the cost of recognizing other important skills traits etc. addition there will always be many women getting no attention at all regardless of race and a me in life where even if they got attention once no more. its a pointless activity putting big important on things that have little value. is demeaning. in my opinion.

• I don't see why the colour of their skin matters... They look the same as hot white girls just darker... Why can't we just admire girls of all races and leave it at that?

• It actually does matter. There's more negative stereotypes about the looks of darker skinned girls when it comes to beauty than anyone else. If you were on our side of the spectrum you'd know this.

• Most people don't. Not everyone has the same open mind you have. Many people are color struck which is why things like colorism exists within individual races. Here's the definition incase you don't know what colorism is. :T
      https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=colorism

• Exactly! I honestly wish this was the case.

• I personally admire them and just naturally admire darker people, perhaps because I'm fair. We are drawn to what is opposite and find beauty by contrast.

• I don't think black women do, but then again perhaps. Whenever you hear guys talk about attractive girls they tend to leave out black women or dark skin women but they're beautiful. Beauty comes in all shades.

• I don't think so, and I am a woman of color lmao

• Yes they do. All women who are attractive get attention.

• No, not unless they're light skinned black girls. If you're a dark skinned black girl people throw shade at you from all corners of the planet.

• @xXiTacoXx Ya I didn't know that word. But you clearly didn't understand my point- it's NOT discrimination- just peoples preferences. If two people of the same color but different hues applied for a job then there would be no colorism there. People just have different preferences, and a majority like lighter girls.

• Have you ever wondered why the majority people prefer lighter skin over darker skin even when the features of the person could be exactly the same except for one of them is darker? Have you ever wondered why certain colored people are considered less than others when it comes to looks other than you just calling it a "preference"? Have you ever wondered why everyone finds it more acceptable to insult a darker person for their looks and associate all things bad with them and all thing good with someone lighter? It's because of colorism. People can even suffer from colorism on a subconscious level which is why they'd prefer light skin over dark and not being able to come up with a good reason why even if two individuals looked exactly alike except for skin.

• yes MISS USA is a black women and she is beautiful and friggin smart

• They don't need attention they are Beautiful they know it and everybody know it 😍

• Although I think they need more attention on other aspects

• i think so?

• I'm not black but I think there's no difference you feel in love for who the person not for the color of her skin

• They get enough attention

• I don't think so