Is thin unattractive?

Before you jump at my throat, let me explain.

I'm quite thin. My body type is just like that. It's quite hard for me to gain weight because of my high metabolism. It's natural for me, I don't try and trust me, i wish I could put on a few pounds.

I've heard that guys want more meat on a girl nowadays and it's making me quite insecure. Don't get me wrong, I have curves. I have wide hips and a small waist and definitely have a great ass (as guys have told me before). I just have small boobs and my hip bones are visible and depending on the angle/position, one or two of my ribs are also visible. I also have a full face. My legs are thin but are not sticks, they're pretty toned. My collarbone is also pretty visible.

I just don't know how to feel beautiful when beauty standards are so demanding. So, honest answers please - is thin attractive?

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, we're both in the same boat!
    No matter how much I eat, I can never put on weight due to my high metabolism.
    Full cream milk every day, running and push ups don't help me either.
    Let's just embrace our bodies the way we were meant to be :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It is very hard to ignore the beauty standards. But they're just other people's opinion. I'm thin as well with a rectangular body shape. Which I used to think was too boyish, I can't gain weight either. I have no ass and small boobs, but you have an ass which is awesome! Then again you shouldn't let what guys like or what girls judge determine if you want to feel beautiful. It's not how it should work. You need to take a long look in the mirror and practice loving every inch of your thin body. It's ok not to be head over heels in a few things because we all have our flaws. If you still don't feel beautiful try dressing yourself up how you want or whatever. What makes you feel giddy when you see your reflection wherever you go? Look up how to dress your body shape if you don't know how to. That's what I did. Now it takes some time to try to not care what others think, it really is hard, but don't look at people when you walk through the mall and if you see someone you know of course be nice and say hi but to strangers don't bother. Eventually I really got in the habit of not caring and now I can walk anywhere AND meet people's gazes without feeling insecure. Why? Because I know I'm beautiful in my own way just because I want to feel beautiful. Now I like my small boobs however the ass part I'm not happy about but I started to workout because I want to see a small bumb in the back when I check myself out in jeans. You're beautiful.

What Guys Said 21

• yes thin is very attractive to me...

love the way you are, sadly ladies corrupt each other n have been corrupted by our media with the misconception that big asses n boobs are the norm... this is only cz a large percentage of men prefer that because were visual... but we get tired of that after sometime.

but don't conform to it... its not true, there is a percentage out there that adores thin... personally I think thin women are the sexiest both in dressing n undressed.

• It depends on the person. Some like big women after all.

Be cautious about being too harsh on your self-esteem. You're only going to be trying to fulfill someone else's expectations if you continue to reject your true self.

You have a great ass. You'll be fine.

• Add more protein as in meat and keep eating healthy and maybe consider "slightly" larger portion sizes to make up for the high metabolism.

I can understand the pain. Having a SO who is constantly eating her way though her days.

• If you can manage that you should be able to hit your goal of gaining a little more mass. Also remember Muscle weighs more than fat. So dont panic if you gain weight after eating a little bit more and lifting weights.

• "I've heard that guys want more meat on a girl nowadays"

Yeah that's just the media trying to convince you that fat is hot. Thin will always be more attractive lol.

• I wouldn't worry if you are healthy and fit. A few bones sticking out are often attractive in modeling, for example.

Don't worry about what others think. And hey, there's always the nice ass... always the largest thing in view.

• As long as you don't look like a corpse, then you're good. You don't sound too thin.
    Do you have a picture that looks similar to your body?

• everyone has different tastes

Last 2 girls I dated were complete rails, with absolutely zero curves and were flat as a board, to the extent they look pre-pubescent.

I typically prefer voluptuous girls but the 2 I just mentioned I found incredibly attractive and sexy.

• I like skinny girls with small boobs the best by far, it's not even close. I think it adds to her cuteness. You should have shown a picture to show off how you look.

• As long as you don't look like someone who has an eating disorder. I'm sure your body is fine. Do you have a pic of yourself? Or someone that looks like you?

• Thin's okay as long as the girl is not actually starving herself. A lot of girls look just fine being very thing because that's their body type. What IS unattractive, however, is girls who obviously have a pear-shaped body type, and then they go on a diet, just to look like corpses.

Girls should diet in case they gain excessive body fat (everyone should diet in that case), but not when they just look like... themselves. You can't change body type, but any body type is okay really.

• Is thin attractive? If we're talking about REALLY thin, then that's very unattractive. Thin but healthy, I'm fine with that. However, I mostly prefer my partner to have some meat on her.

• I think thin is attractive

• You sound like a keeper lol I mean the "curvy" girls just get fat in the end.

• i want to cuddle you NOW

• yes.

• I think you sound absolutely wonderful

• no, I find thin attractive

• I prefer to fap to thin girls, so yeah you're attractive

• No u can be thin and beautiful, just al thin woman got those flabby pussys

• i think it is super attractive.

• Yeah thin is but skinny isn't, you sound good to me still

• I'm answering to your last sentence and not to your main question though

What Girls Said 11

• I don't really understand your question. Like... I do but I don't. I don't understand why the question crossed your mind. Everyone sees the word differently. That's the thing. So all else I can say is If you care what others think (I know the social pressure. 21st century) just tailor your image to what you and who you care about and who cares about you finds attractive. Friends love interests etc.

• I always thought thin was the standard I had to achieve to be considered attractive. I used to be quite chunky - especially around the thighs and butt, and I felt fat. Be happy with what you have, because a flat stomach, slim legs, wide hips, small waist and a good butt are things a lot of girl would kill for. And hip and collarbones are hot.

• You are stressing over nothing.

• Yes, thin can be attractive. It only becomes unattractive if they look emaciated

• Tbh, sometimes I feel very unattractive as a skinny girl.
    When I was younger, I would try to get help for my issues, but I developed binge eating disorder instead because they were so overlooked.
    I would try to advise you not to worry about your weight too much. There are men who like skinny women and men who like thick women. To each and all.

• You sound stunning to me! In any case, it's just important that you're healthy. There are also pills that you can obtain from your doctor that will help you gain weight if they feel you need it. My brother had to drink these milkshakes when he was around 5 because it looked like he hadn't eaten in months, but he ate every meal. Now he takes medication to keep his weight balanced. Without it, he'd be way too thin.

• Not if you can see your ribs, or if you have any thigh gap, that's pretty disgusting and I've never met a guy who likes that.

You can always wear hoodies and layer leggings under your pants to look fuller!

• Im naturally very thin and guys efinitely dont seem to like it. Whereas girls always admire my body.

Im insecure of my body too and dont feel womanly enough.

• No it's not

• nothing excessive is good

• Yes, thin is also very attractive. There is nothing wrong with your body-type and there will always be people who will like it.