How to lose weight efficiently and stay motivated?

So when I was younger I was diagnosed with anorexia and I went to the hospital and a lot of stupid shit happened when I tried to lose weight.
Now I'm 148.7 and 5'4 and that's like pretty much over weight and I feel disgusted, but I don't want the same thing to happen again, tbh I get obsessive over it.
So I started my diet today, my sister bought that Flattummytea sets for me and her and we have these cute little tea mugs which is motivating enough for me.

I put some pictures so you can see what I have to work with, I posted the selfie so you can see my arm (great shower to see if you're overweight) and they're kinda big :c
Same with the frame thing.
I don't want to get obsessive over it and I want to lose weight fast.
I need tips and such :D Any tips are welcome, thank you c:

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• as I said your fine... but cut out oils and starch...

stick to fresh fruits and boiled food

and power walk and swim a lot.. It about a month you'll be as Tonned as you wish... I lost 20kgs that way

1|0
    0|0
    • I had to go for 3-4months straight though for my case was diff

• Show All
    • its worth it... but the secret I learned it to cut down sugar intake to minimum... If you cut it out completely you'll crave it more

• didn't know about the chemicals on nonstick... but coconut oil is very very healthy

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG boo i love yo so much how many time do people have to tell yo uYOURE NOT FAT!!! XD literally you dont have to do anything and you'd be fine!!! also BMI is telling you that you are overweight it is probably MUSCLE weight (admit it you are strong)

1|0
    0|0
    • I got the extra skins and my arms are faaaaaat
      But thanks boo you're a sweetie

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I honestly dont think you need to lose much weight. I think the best thing to do if you want to look good is get toned. Maybe exercise or do some form of mild weights. There not much weight to lose there.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well for my height 150 is over weight. I don't look it people say but I feel gross knowing I'm close :c Definitely exercising doe!

• ... i havnt a clue really. . i mean.. you look perfect to me.. if you were my daughter i'd probably worry about where your head is at. .. you don't have a weight problem but if losing a few more pounds will make you feel better then go for it.. i wrote this after lots of wine so maybe better ignore me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly to me you look beautiful and I don't think you need to loose weight. However having a healthy lifestyle is great for everyone cuz your taking care of your body and it feels good too. You may just feel disgusted and overweight cuz of what you used to eat before today. High sugary foods combined with fat do that. So Changi g up your diet may make you feel better!
    What sort of things do you like to do as far as activities? Stay away from things you hate. Like if you hate running. You don't have to run. Find something that works for you and make it fun. Lifting weights is the best way to loose fat. You don't have to do countless hours of cardio. Still do cardio cuz its good for your heart and weight loss journey.
    A maintainable weight loss goal is 1 to 2 pounds a week. Studies show that people who loose it too fast often gain back all the weight.
    Now there are many diets out there and all of them work but I love the low carb diet. Lots of good food and you feel great. Plus your eating more protien and healthy fats which take longer to digest so your not as hungry as you would be let's say if you ate a bowl of fruit loops.
    But you have to find what works for you. The easiest way to stay motivated to eat healthy is to allow yourself a chest day once a week or once a month. It allows you to eat the foods you love but not the heslthiest so you can look forward to those days and not feel like oh god I shouldn't have that. Allow yourself to indulge once and awhile.
    I use my fitness pal to track what I eat. They are other apps and websites but that one is very popular and you can connect with friends and meet new people traveling the same journey that you are.
    I'd say for the first week figure out your calorie needs in order to make your goal weight. Figure out what kinda diet works for you. And start tracking your food intake for a few days lets say 3 and then next week track for 4 days snd so on. So you don't feel like ugh I don't wanna weigh and measure every single thing I put in my mouth.

2|0
    0|0
  • What a pretty young lady you are. I lost 96 lbs a few years ago. I lost it in 7 months. I do have an advantage over you because men lose faster than women and I stuck to the diet. I used Weight Watchers plan with my own modifications. I never went hungry and stayed healthy. Also, i didn't change my activity level during the diet. You can do the same things I did while staying healthy. If you are interested in knowing more, private message me and I'll answer your questions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Staying motivated is impossible. What you need is discipline. Start by picking one thing that you can do everyday and do that thing everyday. It can be simple like drinking 8 glasses of water everyday. With that, it will build your ability to form habits. With that's tool you can make other small goals. Eventually exercising and taking care of your health will be a part of your everyday life.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes great! I started making it my daily habit to drink my tea :D Morning and night

• I really want to motivate you not to feel anything at all for your look. you look awesome and there's no one like you. you're the best of your own kind and we'll never get someone like you. why do you want to change so much?

2|0
    0|0
    • Just to make myself happy I suppose :c

• Show All
    • Thank youuuu :D so sweet

• you're welcome. keep smiling. be happy. wish to know you and be with you in your struggle.

• honestly
    you look really beautiful and gorgeous to me

4|1
    0|0
  • If that's really you then from the looks of things weight isn't the issue.

After you eat, how do you usually feel? Inside and out. This is a real inquiry, by the way.

1|0
    0|0
    • LOL it's me don't worry.

Erm sometimes full, sometimes still hungry (even though I eat a lot).
      My problem was that I made a habit out of eating while playing video games
      and its usually junk snack fooods so the first thing i did was replace those with nuts and it's really helping.

• Show All
    • I've never had one either.
      though i love seafood

• Look at you, you're slipping, get on it 😅

• actually i dont think u are overweight by those pics... ur body just seem fine... in fact i think u have a pretty face in my opinion

2|0
    0|0
  • You're beautiful and your asking the impossible. Maybe you need to feel real love?

2|0
    0|0
  • You look fine to me, but honestly the best thing you can do is properly and consistently eat right and exercise do it even when you don't feel like it because the more you do it, the more it will become second nature to you.

1|0
    1|0
    • Source: fitness professional.

• O and also in regards to how much of something you should eat like protein, carbs etc per day that depends on your body weight, fitness activity and body fat percentage.

If you know all of those things I can actually create a diet plan for you if you want to.

• Actually, you're sexy like that and I'm being honest here. I have some tips but I won't give you them because you're pretty as you are. You don't need to become a spooky scary skeleton to be attractive, you know?

2|0
    0|0
  • I love sports so I suggest that because they're more fun than gyms

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't lose weight girl

2|0
    0|0
  • Bt ur body is fine to me, any guy would live it

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you look great as is

1|0
    0|0
  • You looking adorable 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Staying in shape rather than losing weight should be your concern stick to a balanced diet and do regular excersie

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You don't look fat to me but I'd say just stick to lean proteins, veggies and fruits.. try to avoid overly starchy carbs esp late at night (I have my carbs and fruits usually before 12 pm) and workout and make your routine something you actually enjoy doing so you stick to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can totally relate to you and even have a similar body type to yours right now and I also want to loose weight. After doing all the crazy starving and loosing weight (it worked), I messed up my metabolism.
    So now I want to do it the healthy way and start eating healthy (not starving myself like I like to do), I just downloaded a seemingly very good program from an ex bodybuilder and professional bodybuilder expert , but it's in French! :/

Basically there are 3 parts:

1) Healthy eating:
    - Eat 5 small meals to help speed up the metabolism (but not high in glycemic index so you don't have big insulin pikes).

- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day

- You have to weight/portion your food

- Around a handful of protein (chicken (60 grams), white fish, tuna, or red meat occasionally at most twice a week (100 grams). For Lunch and Dinner

- A handful of carbs (brown rice or sweet potatoes and eventually pasta) around 100 grams. Only for breakfast (rice) and Lunch but not for dinner.

- 2 handfuls of any kind of veggies except for corn. Be careful not to add sugary and fatty condiments. You can use a teaspoon of olive oil. (this is for Lunch and dinner).

- For breakfast you can have 2 eggs (on of which you will take of the yolk), 100g of rice and 3 pineapple slices.

- Between the breakfast/Lunch and Lunch/Dinner you have to eat a small meal (so in total 5 meals a day). It could be either natural Greek yogurt with 5 strawberries or an apple and 10 almonds.

2) Cardio: Do cardio for 30 minutes 4 times a week AFTER strength training.

3) Strength Training 3 days a week (upper body lower body- whole body), it's very important to learn how to do the movements correctly and to build muscles because it will speed up your metabolism and help you loose fat more easily.

It's best to work out in the morning but not necessarily if you can't.
    REMOVE ALL THE BAD SUGARS and no cheat meals for at least the 3 first weeks.

As someone who also suffered eating disorders I know that the thought of eating 5 times a day is scary as fuck, but to be honest, I read the responses of many girls and they said it's working, plus the dude who did it was and is ripped as hell and I trust him xD I'm giving this a shot, seems easier than Keto diets and Intermittent fasting.

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/822063jamo018.jpg

1|0
    0|1
  • You look very cute, and you don't need to lose weight at all. But I find that just by trying to eat properly, I lose weight. I avoid breads as often as possible, I don't eat pork, and I don't eat unnecessary sugar (sugar in coffee, candies, etc). Also, NEVER underestimate the power of water. Drink water like crazy, trust me.
    I'm 5'7 and 119 pounds, I was 122 and lost weight over the holidays by doing this.

2|0
    0|0
    • Omg I wish I were 119!
      I'm aiming for around there :D

• Everybody's physic is different though, I have small bones, 119 for me would probably be small for you, you look hot at the weight you're at! So don't worry about it too much :)

• Thank you c: that's very sweet

Recommended myTakes