Why do I focus so much on material things?

I noticed that I love shopping & buying clothes , shoes, makeup , food (even though that's a neccessity) and just other things I don't really need. But mostly I spend my money on clothes. Like I'm seriously addicted to online shopping especially simply because there's always sales , it's convenient and quick and easy. If I'm bored I'll shop , if i see someone with a outfit I want I look everywhere to buy it etc etc. when I'm feeling sad & have nothing to do to occupy me I do a little retail therapy. My thing is shy do I focus more on material things instead of using my money wiser and investing it like in something more meaningful? I don't know what's wrong with me or if I'm going through something cuz I feel like my priorities is all fucked up. All I think about is SPEND SPEND SPEND !!! Ughh why am I like this?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I just bought a $200 jacket mostly because I wanted to have a fancy brand of jacket like everyone else has (Patagonia a. k. a. Patagucci, North Face, etc.) so I bought the even costlier brand (Arc'teryx), but mostly only outdoorsy people know the brand anyway cause it's TOO high-end.

Still, I think the dead prehistoric bird logo is much cooler than the other ones.

• sorry i exploded i get agitated easily these days.
      at least on the internet.

So yeah, lots of people have your issue with spending endlessly, I do too. I would suggest learning about budgeting and that sorta shit. You'll hav to hav a strong will to do anything about it though.

• Yea ur right thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has a form of stress relief method. How about you put aside some cash every week/month and try to restrict your spending? It could turn into a bad habit especially if you do not have the purchasing power in the long run to purchase the things you want. Make a list of the things you need and want. It's OK to buy the things you want and splurge once in a while. Find your friends, hang out and do something else to occupy your time.

• I don't have friends or a life better yet which is probably part of the reason I spend a lot cuz I'm always lonely bored so I do this to kill time I guess or feel a void