Has anyone successfully put light hair dye over dark hair?

Hi I dyed my hair black about two times before and the last time I did my hair was at the beginning of October. I know that putting a lighter color over hair that's dyed dark will def not give you the color on the box. But my hair is about 3 inches grown out and the hair underneath is decently light. I also can see reds and browns in my hair in some spots because the dye has faded so much. It doesn't look horrible, but I was thinking that if I bought a dye that was close to my natural hair color it would clean it up a little bit. I've had almost every colored hair out there, so I don't really mind if the ends were darker. I figured if it looked better I would act like the fade (the tips are the darkest part of my hair by far) was intentional. Does anyone else who dyes their hair as well have any advice in this situation? Thanks

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• how dark are you now and how much lighter do you want to go?

0|0
    0|0
    • My roots are light brown, the middle of my hair is dark brown and the tips are black

• i would start id start with just a clarifying shampoo and a nonsafe for colour conditioner to strip the colour blow dry and repeat once more. then use a colour 2 shades darker than your roots. before wash again then use your final colour.

• If you attempt to dye it blonde over black hair, it will end up looking a bad shade of orange.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to bleach it first, I guess. Not full blonde but just to make your hair a shade lighter so you could put a lighter color.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes