What are your thoughts on tattoos and piercings in general?

I've had my earlobes pierced since I was about 3 or 4 years old and I got my cartilage (ear) pierced twice but both times it was rejected. I've been thinking about drawing up 2 small tattoo designs that will be representative of some really extreme points in my life that define me. I'd get 1 of them on my rib or inner bicep and the other one will be somewhere equally as discrete.

This poll won't sway my eventual decision in the slightest, I'm just curious about people's thoughts on the topic. Feel free to leave your thoughts and reasons in the comments.What are your thoughts on tattoos and piercings in general?
What are your thoughts on tattoos and piercings in general?

• I prefer a lot of tattoos and piercings
    Vote A
  • I can appreciate a few piercings and/or a few tattoos as a form of expression
    Vote B
  • I draw the line at piercings (only tolerate this)
    Vote C
  • I draw the line at tattoos (only tolerate this)
    Vote D
  • I don't appreciate either.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both but piercings only on girls.
    And it always deeds what kind of tattoo it is and where you get it.
    I have two.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Shit I have my ears stretched a little over an inch, my septum, nostril, snakebites that I hardly have in, my belly button and my chest dermal and seven tattoos. I've retired 6 more piercings because it got to be a bit much.
    If you like it go for it. i personally think it's sexy

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, that's impressive, you've tried them all. I definitely want to try again with a different sort of ear piercing since the cartilage ones never stuck. The dermal ones are the implants, right? Which ones hurt the most? lol I'm so nosey, only answer those if you want.

• Show All
    • I ripped mine out too, bloody loofahs haha

• No scars from them ripping outπŸ˜‡ Coconut oil helps with that and angel bites are snakebites but on your upper lip

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I can't stand tattoos. Piercings either I guess but tattoos just seem so juvenile and an immature thing to do, especially people that get quotes.

1|0
    0|0
  • go for it girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • unattractive as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • tattoos and piercings on a woman is sexy

1|0
    0|1
  • They've never made anyone look more attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually people with feeble minds or mental illness get them.

0|0
    1|0
    • To each there own.

• Show All
    • I'm very likely amongst 1 of the most well-adjusted people you've ever spoken to. Considering my experiences. You couldn't possibly know that, though.

But to each their benighted assumptions. πŸ˜‰βœŒ

• Using big words to demonstrate your educated and privileged status is racist.

• what does it mean?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• I like both... But there is such a thing as too much...

1|1
    0|0
  • The only visible place I can tolerate a tattoo is on the arm, multiple piercings are really tacky to me but you can tattoo yourself as much as you like as long as it's not readily visible. The only exception I can make is when it's used to cover really bad scars.

1|0
    0|0
  • i love tattoos and piercings on 90 percent of people lol.

(that 10% is made up of irresponsible inking: cartoon characters, bad artwork, etc.)

i have 7 piercings in my ears (4 on left, 3 on right) and a dragon tattoo on my left shoulderblade. it's great because i can cover them or show them off as i feel so inclined.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any tattoos, but they look cool πŸ‘ I used to have my nose pierced , but let it grow over. I had 3 earings in each ear , but I let two holes grow over. So I only have one set of earnings in now

0|1
    0|0
  • I love tattoos, but I realise this isn't a love shared by everyone. You should do what makes you happy, but be rational: will this be an issue later on, when it comes to jobs etc.. just a disclaimer.
    I have a large tattoo on my right rib, I was scared because from what I had learned that is supposed to be a very painful area. But it didn't hurt at all for me. So the only thing I wanted to add was that in terms of pain it really does vary person to person. I think tattoos are beautiful when they are designed with intent and care.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I've definitely seen some people with tattoos that made me cringe in sympathy of their future selves. I want something small, somewhat intricate, and definitely discreet. I can't even imagine letting someone else design what is etched into my flesh. I've experienced a lot of things that were really traumatic and I want to celebrate and acknowledge who I've become despite the adversary.

• Show All
    • I'm sure with that attitude you will have a beautiful tattoo.

• Thank you 😊

• I've got 11 piercings (most in ears) and 2 tattoos and still want more.

As long as they're not all over the face I don't have a problem with them~ i find face tattoos and more than like 5 facial piercings very tacky

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends. Some tattoos look really aesthetic, while others are truly horrible. Also, they don't suit everyone. I'm not a huge fan of piercings though, but again, some people really pull them off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like tattoos. But i dont think i would get one. However if i do get one, it would probably be on my lower back. And ear piercings i really really like :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I have one tat, but I actually don't care for them.. I don't like a whole lot of piercings either. Ear and lip is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • They're cool on the right person. And as long as they are not gross, they're not a turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like ear piercings only and i would do a tattoo but something not visible to others

1|0
    0|0
  • i need to fill my body with tattoos tbh but im broke xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, ear piercings are fine. I may not want tattoos on my body, but if its someone else, then it better not be all over them

0|0
    0|0
  • A little goes a long way. Too much tattoos and piercings is ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. It's their body

0|0
    0|0
  • Δ° Love your style

0|0
    0|0
  • I am neutral.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes