Im a guy trying to grow my hair out, and have a couple questions?

so im going to grow my hair out, but first i want to get a bob, now that you know that, on to the questions, the first question is about how long (in inches) my hair would need to be in order for it to be cut into an ear or chin length bob, and the second question is about how long you think it would take for my/someones hair to grow to that length from about the length from the average pixie cut. finally what would you think of a college age guy with a legit bob? and a bonus question. should i get bangs with my bob, and if so what type of bangs should i get?

11