Facial piercings?

So lately I have been thinking about getting the side of lip pierced. I am extremely scared of my body rejecting it, infection or extreme scaring. Is there anybody here that has any sort of facial piercings? Or dealt with some sort of rejection or scaring?
Is it worth the risk?Facial piercings?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances of rejection is slim, especially if your piercer is experienced and know what will be good for the body. Aftercare is always easy as long as you stay on top of it. If you no longer like the piercing after sometime and remove it, you'll probably just have a small dimple scar from the piercing.

• Unfortunately my ears do not accept anything but yellow gold. It would turn extremely hot and painful to the touch. I'm kinda worried it's gonna be the same thing for my lip. I'm not a fan of gold. That's why I'm afraid of major scaring caused by an infection or rejection, my body doesn't react that well to piercings.

• Well my best advice is to have a consultation with a piercer about your concerns. They may offer you some ideas to hypoallergenic metals that won't get rejected because its possible that most of the metals you have tried besides gold are just coated alloys which the skin can reject more frequently.