Facial piercings?

So lately I have been thinking about getting the side of lip pierced. I am extremely scared of my body rejecting it, infection or extreme scaring. Is there anybody here that has any sort of facial piercings? Or dealt with some sort of rejection or scaring?
Is it worth the risk?Facial piercings?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances of rejection is slim, especially if your piercer is experienced and know what will be good for the body. Aftercare is always easy as long as you stay on top of it. If you no longer like the piercing after sometime and remove it, you'll probably just have a small dimple scar from the piercing.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately my ears do not accept anything but yellow gold. It would turn extremely hot and painful to the touch. I'm kinda worried it's gonna be the same thing for my lip. I'm not a fan of gold. That's why I'm afraid of major scaring caused by an infection or rejection, my body doesn't react that well to piercings.

• Well my best advice is to have a consultation with a piercer about your concerns. They may offer you some ideas to hypoallergenic metals that won't get rejected because its possible that most of the metals you have tried besides gold are just coated alloys which the skin can reject more frequently.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Please don't do it! You''ll spoil your looks. A lot of guys really don't like piercings like this. Or any others. Certainly with this one that you show, I would not even think about kissing.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not gonna lie. I'm going into business and I don't want to have this huge scar on my lips. That is the only thing that is stopping me. Because I have faced a problem with my ears where they only accept gold or they start hurting like crazy and I hate gold._.

• Show All
    • Unfortunately. I have tried that. Literally touching my ear would make me scream in pain. It was too painful. I don't remember the last time I used an earring.

If I wasn't going into business I would at least get a sleeve done. Lol. But again, I do value my future career more.

• Good for you!! Good luck with your career. Hope it all works our for you!

• I wouldn't recommend it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I saw your photo b4 in your last post and I think your face is very beautiful and that in my opinion its better off not to do the piercings. Its your decision tho, what you choose. Freedom of expression, its fun to try new things also!

In the past my mother got a piercing on her face bc I don't know my mom is always trying to keep up with style lol but anyways she would always clean it but at one point it got infected anyways and she told me she regrets it and not to "damage my face"

0|0
    0|0
    • That wasn't me. I have stated that (I don't post pictures of myself here, this will ruin my future career before it hits off) as much as I want to I am terrified of rejection. Exactly like your mom. My lips are the most prominent feature that I have and I really don't want to end up with a scar there. I have had this before when I got my ears done and they only accepted gold.. or they start hurting like crazy. I hate gold.

• rejection is very rare. If you clean it properly it'll be fine 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • oh god no

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes