Should you let your clay masks dry?

So I was reading up on the ~best~ ways to use a clay mask and ran into some confusion. Some sites say absolutely let the whole mask dry through and some say to wash it off when it's only tacky and you feel it tightening :/

Not even dermatologists can agree! Do you have any thoughts or insights?
  • Let it dry through
  • Wash off when tacky

23

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No you shouldn't wear it any longer than 20 minutes. If it drys than you just got dirt all over your face and it will dry up your skin.

• I live right next to the ocean. My mask isn't even close to dry in 20 minutes so it's really confusing 😱

• I think the length of time depends on the product but you shouldn't let it dry.