Have you ever tried Asian beauty products? If you are Asian how much do you think you spend per year on your beauty products?

I was looking on pinstrest and I found a list of 9 affordable Asian beauty products. I read somewhere that some Asian skin care is made of snail slime and or mushroom fungas, but they say its supposed to be really good for the skin... I'm thinking about trying it! https://www.bustle.com/articles/165149-9-effective-affordable-korean-skin-care-beauty-products-that-actually-work
Also what Asian skin care products do you use and what would you rate it?
  • I have tried some and hated them ( I am not asian)
    Vote A
  • I have tried Asian products and love them I spend more than $30/yr (I am not Asian)
    Vote B
  • I have tried them I spend less than $30/yr (I am Asian)
    Vote C
  • I use Asian products I spend more than $50/yr (I am Asian)
    Vote D
  • Other (explain in the comments)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used some, but I prefer natural remedies and such.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Voted D. I spend so much more than that a year.

Some of those products on the list aren't Korean though. X)
    The Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask is more of a gimmick than anything. You'll get much better results with Innisfree's volcanic pore clay mask. Also, the Tony Moly Panda eye stick is practically useless, although I don't know any other alternative to it. Their I'm Real sheet masks aren't that great either. Their Pureness 100 line, Innisfree's It's Real Squeeze, and the Saems' Natural line are way better sheet masks at a similar price point. The Face Shop's Rice Water cleansing oil is actually quite good for the price though.

It all depends on your skin condition and concerns, but if you wanna try snail, Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin essence would be a great start. Just make sure you're not allergic to snail. X)

0|0
    0|0
    • What exactly does rice water do for the skin?

• Slr. Practically everything. X) It's full of vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants too. It makes your skin smoother, tighter, more even, and can calm troubled or irritated skin too. It doesn't work only on skin but on hair as well. It's been used for centuries in parts of Asia as a natural hair and skin care ingredient. Of course the ones in the market now like the one in the link is already mixed with other ingredients to achieve other purposes - Korean beauty products tend to have these skin care lines composing of a facial wash, a toner, a serum, an essence, a lotion, a moisturizer, an exfoliator, etc. that all feature one key ingredient like rice water, snail mucin, black sugar, green tea, aloe vera, honey, and such - so they may not exactly give all the effects I mentioned, but you can always just make your own and use that instead.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• About $30-40 bucks.
    Mostly on honey stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • i never buy any beauty products

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• i spend 5000-10000円/month on basic skincare

1|0
    0|0
  • I use a cream called POP. It's good for clearing skin from acne/pimples/blackheads etc. I love it. It works well for me. I apply it on my face before bed
    thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/.../...oNsVbRdNksfSIRrQ.jpg

@iFarted do you still have yours? LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • Koreans know their stuff when it comes to skincare. Just be careful if you enjoy being tanned because being pale is the ideal there and many products are made to lighten the skin.

2|0
    0|0
    • Most of them are actually made to lighten as in brighten and even out the skin tone - redness, dark spots, etc., not make it pale. That's a widely spread misconception.

• Dude, you can't not spend over 30 bucks a year on Asian skin care. I'm not Asian, but I use them and it's good stuff. I avoid skin lightening products or any skin care product involving them since I'm black and don't want to be bleached. I look up which ones don't have a skin lightening effect.

1|0
    0|0
  • My skin care tends to last more than a month, so it's anywhere from about 40-100 every two months or so. I haven't dabbled much in Asian products personally since I tend to use what I know works for certain.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of Asian beauty products are taken out of the market in Europe because of non allowed components (toxic, cancerogenous or bad for the environment)

1|0
    0|0
  • I use mainly korean beauty products

1|0
    0|0
  • I never have

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes