Have you ever tried Asian beauty products? If you are Asian how much do you think you spend per year on your beauty products?

I was looking on pinstrest and I found a list of 9 affordable Asian beauty products. I read somewhere that some Asian skin care is made of snail slime and or mushroom fungas, but they say its supposed to be really good for the skin... I'm thinking about trying it! https://www.bustle.com/articles/165149-9-effective-affordable-korean-skin-care-beauty-products-that-actually-work
Also what Asian skin care products do you use and what would you rate it?
  • I have tried some and hated them ( I am not asian)
  • I have tried Asian products and love them I spend more than $30/yr (I am not Asian)
  • I have tried them I spend less than $30/yr (I am Asian)
    Vote C
  • I use Asian products I spend more than $50/yr (I am Asian)
    Vote D
  • Other (explain in the comments)
    Vote E

93

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used some, but I prefer natural remedies and such.

Most Helpful Girl

• Voted D. I spend so much more than that a year.

Some of those products on the list aren't Korean though. X)
    The Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask is more of a gimmick than anything. You'll get much better results with Innisfree's volcanic pore clay mask. Also, the Tony Moly Panda eye stick is practically useless, although I don't know any other alternative to it. Their I'm Real sheet masks aren't that great either. Their Pureness 100 line, Innisfree's It's Real Squeeze, and the Saems' Natural line are way better sheet masks at a similar price point. The Face Shop's Rice Water cleansing oil is actually quite good for the price though.

It all depends on your skin condition and concerns, but if you wanna try snail, Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin essence would be a great start. Just make sure you're not allergic to snail. X)

• What exactly does rice water do for the skin?

• Slr. Practically everything. X) It's full of vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants too. It makes your skin smoother, tighter, more even, and can calm troubled or irritated skin too. It doesn't work only on skin but on hair as well. It's been used for centuries in parts of Asia as a natural hair and skin care ingredient. Of course the ones in the market now like the one in the link is already mixed with other ingredients to achieve other purposes - Korean beauty products tend to have these skin care lines composing of a facial wash, a toner, a serum, an essence, a lotion, a moisturizer, an exfoliator, etc. that all feature one key ingredient like rice water, snail mucin, black sugar, green tea, aloe vera, honey, and such - so they may not exactly give all the effects I mentioned, but you can always just make your own and use that instead.