Help! What the hell do I wear?

I've been invited to one of my boyfriends distance relitives 80th birthday but I have no idea what to wear. I don't know where it is or what it is (yes, I have asked but neither my boyfriend or his sister know either :/) so I'm pretty confused. I don't want to be all dressed up in heels if everyone's in jeans?

Any ideas?

I'm normally a jeans and Tshirt kind of girl if that makes any difference

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask his sister what she'll wear and dress similarly.

Even if you're not dressed for the occasion at least you won't be the only one lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I already have and she doesn't know either :/ she's said she'll keep me posted if she finds anything else out though :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd wear a sleeved maxi dress or knee length dress and take two pairs of shoes - a flat pair of sandles and a pair of short heels. It can be dressed up or down based on accessories and will still fit in with jeans if that's where you end up

0|0
    0|0
    • That's a good idea, I might try the shoes/accessories thing :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Unless you know for sure what the dress code is dont Go

0|0
    0|0
    • Sadly that's not an option :/

• Show All
    • It's this weekend! Hopefully I'll have someone that'll work

• Good luck

• I doubt any one will really notice what your wearing they will all be around the birthday girl

0|0
    0|0
    • True! But that's what I want! I just don't want to stand out like a sore thumb!

• A pair of slacks or a tasteful skirt and a blouse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice pear of jeans and a nice shirt

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just wear a cowl neck sweater, or turtleneck sweater dress and be casual but professional if the place is a bit classy. Don't wear a t-shirt!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Match whatever your boyfriend and his sister wear. Be it smart casual or formal, that way you won't be the odd one out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think ill try to, thanks :)

Recommended myTakes