Advice on makeup?

Girls, I need an advice as you can see. So, I'm in 9th grade, it is a last year of primary school so we have to take a prom pictures, and of course we girls have to make up and everything. What should I do? I'm 14 so I don't want it to be too much, but I don't want like zero makeup too, just average. I was thinking about dark matt lipstick, mascara, blush, some eye shadow in natural color and eye pencil. My mom said that I should wear eyeliner, but here's the problem: My class start at 7 am so that means I have to wake up very early, and I wouldn't have time to put it. I don't know how to be honest, neither do my mom. So we decided that I should ask one girl who knows these stuff to put an eyeliner night before, but that means that I couldn't wash my face in the morning which is gross for me I don't know. What do you think, what should I do? You can send me photos, too. Thanks :-)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice to you is to practice, practice, practice before hand and suck it up and wake up a smidge bit earlier. You can definitely get a 5-10 minute make up routine down that will lend itself to a beautiful natural looking face that is picture ready.

I definitely would NOT advise you go to sleep in make-up of any sort--bad for the skin, and your pillows--plus most humans have a bit of eye gunk in the morning, so you'd probably just end up having to wash it all off anyway.

DO absolutely go to the internet and watch a ton of easy, simple, five minute make-up tutorials and let them teach you how to apply make-up. There are so many tutorials that will walk you through each step of how to do everything including apply eye liner mascara if you want to. Watch. Practice. Wash off. Repeat. I've posted one, but go find whatever look works for you and mimic that.

https://youtu.be/OzvNOZJQ3XY

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 24

• i started wearing makeup at 16 and it was just loose powder and kohl pencil with some gloss

2|0
    0|0
  • Just put some light concealer to conceal some skin imperfections. Curl your lashes (unless they're already curly), put some mascara on to make them really pop (make sure there' no bit blotches though when you apply). If there are blotches of mascar on your lashes, simply lighty swipe a piece of cotton on ur lashes to take away the blotches. Don't have makeup overnight. It really ruins your skin. Eyeliner is hard for a beginner. If you have it tomorrow and you haven't had a lot of practice with it, don't even bother. You'd probably wash it off, which will take a long time. Use some lip balm, and then some lip gloss. If you know how to highlight and contour, great. If you don't then just don't do it. Make sure your hair is smooth and pick a hairstyle that suits your face shape. Brush your teeth well and make sure to floss the night before and check your teeth before prom photo. Practice your smile in the mirror for a while the night before. turn your head at a slight 45 degree angle, and stretch your neck a little bit forwards. Don't make it so that it's super awkward, but just stretch it a bit forwards to avoid the awkward double chin. If you know how to apply false lashes, do that. If you don't, don't take the risk.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the point of make up should be that it looks like you're wearing as little as possible - stick to your natural skin tones, natural blush and a slight bronze or highlighter, mascara, an eyeshadow to compliment your eye colour, skip the eyeliner and then do some natural pencil over your eyebrows and then a matte lipstick to compliment your skin tone.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you put on makeup the night before you're going to ruin it in your sleep. You're better off with some mascara and tinted lip balm or gloss since that's really all that's appropriate for a girl your age anyway.

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked the girl and she told me that I'm not going to ruin it if I sleep on back

• The best thing to do is just get up early, spend as much time as you possibly can on your look and then get a ride to school, your idea is nice? but I think a dark shade would be too much (as you're only in 9th grade) Go for a neutral lip and natural but bright eye (something that pops but still not tooo out there) mascara, top lid liner, you want it to look soft and natural not like you had to get up at 5 and pour your heart out into trying

0|0
    0|0
    • I decided not to wear dark shade of lipstick, but if I use natural shade then it will be invisible and it doesn't make any sense. I was thinking about pink lipstick but I have a pale skin and it doesn't look good. I don't know

• -foundation
    -mascara
    -lipbalm/lipgloss in your natural lip colour
    -blush (optional)

It's natural, and not too much make up for your age. You don't want to overdo it.
    www.prettydesigns.com/.../...utral-Makeup-Look.jpg

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you :) Is dark lipstick too much?

• Yeah I would say dark lipstick would be too much. You could ought for a different colour other then nude if you'd like. But I would seek dark lipsticks for prom pictures :)

• Alright, thank you :)

• I would wear eyeshadow- you don't need to bothered blending it, you can just put in on quick... choose a nice colour obviously! I like natural colours (browns and whites and gold) but it's just whatever suits you:)) also don't forget mascara, but I wouldn't bother with eyeliner unless it looks natural... also don't wear too much foundation just cover any pimples and Maybe put some power on but I wouldn't go to town on the whole caked face:))

0|0
    0|0
  • Get up at six, take a shower the night before. It takes like what... 5 min to wash your face? Less? Another 10 min to get dressed.
    You should have 45-30 min to do makeup which is plenty. As for the liner, it is not necessary! And if you don't try and do anything crazy it's not that hard. Just practice a couple times before drawing a straight line with it, that's really all you need especially with a dark lip.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have decided that I wouldn't put eyeliner, as you said it isn't necessary

• I think you should go to a sephora with your mom and have them put makeup on you. You don't need to buy any of the products but it would be good to have someone who knows what they're doing kinda show you how to do things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely don't leave on makeup over night. It's really bad for your skin to leave makeup on for the whole night plus it will smudge and it will really not look pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't put eyeliner on during the night because ur eyes will water which will cause the eyeliner to get messy and can cause styes if ur 14 I would wear a little bit of mascara light eyeshadow lipstick or lipgloss and some eyeliner with foundation

1|0
    0|0
  • I started to wear makeup when I was a senior in high school and I always wore foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. Also don't leave makeup on over night it can be bad for you skin and it will clog your pores in which will break you out.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I wouldn't wear makeup to bed, because its not good for your skin. However for the makeup since your young maybe a light nude eye with a nude matte lip and just keep the rest of the face natural looking.

0|0
    0|0
    • I decided not to wear dark shade of lipstick, but if I use natural shade then it will be invisible and it doesn't make any sense. I was thinking about pink lipstick but I have a pale skin and it doesn't look good. I don't know

• Show All
    • Yeah, thank you :)

• you're welcome!

• my advice is to just not wear the eye
    liner. you can achieve a pretty and easy look without it. it's really bad to wear make up overnight.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're mother is right. All you need is eyeliner and a light lipstick. Do whatever you have to do to get that eyeliner on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would focus on your best feature and highlight that while keeping everything else light and fresh. For many girls, it's usually the eyes.

For foundation nothing heavy - a tinted moisturizer or mineral foundation should do. Then for the eyes highlight the area under the browbone with a pale shimmery color then sweep on an eye shadow that goes well with your eye color.

Unless you can do eyeliner well, I'd skip that and just put mascara. Finish off with a bit of blush and lip gloss or lip tint and you're good to go.

All this should take you no more than 5-10 minutes. But you can also hold off on putting on the mascara, blush, and lip color until right before picture taking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just try mascara and lip gloss

0|0
    0|0
  • Do some mascara foundation and some contour

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to wear mascara, matte lip, conclear, blush, countour, highlight and eyeshadows (very simple and light tho) and now I only wear contour, blush, lipstick and maybe mascara when I feel like. I found not wearing eyemakeup saved my life and eyes cuz of mascara my eyes felt so tired after school, tired of checking if my eyes okay or not.. but lipsticks (unless it's matte if it's matte u gotta remind ur self to go to washroom to check if your lips r okay cuz when u eat something middle of your lips will be erased and rest of ur lips r not), contour, blush and kind of stuffs don't need to check much in my opinion.. Also if u have greasy t-zone like me I recommend to bring a compact grease paper or powder

0|0
    0|0
  • In 9th grade I would wear foundation, powder, a little bit of blush, mascara and lipgloss or chapstick☺️ It's wasn't a lot of makeup what's so ever girls at my school would wear a lot more! Good luck girl🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes