If I wanted surgery to become taller, should I get it?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • Ni
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• unless you are so short that it is a major problem eg 4ft i wouldn't advice getting it because your body will look disproportionate for example scientists worked out that barbie would have two walk on all 4s (i was told that a while ago so dont quote me)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it sounds a bit contrived to have someone tall say... oh yeah, no, don't get it, but sometimes the things we think our solutions to our problems, really only make them worse. That type of surgery is hard and painful with a fairly long recovery period. We all tend to dislike something about ourselves, but ask yourself, who really are you trying to "fix" yourself for?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I know you are talking about leg lengthening surgery.
    a. It prolly won't give you more than 4-5 cm of height end of the day.
    b. Say goodbye to athleticism.
    c. Arthritis at some point of your life is a guarantee
    d. You will look lanky and disproportionate to your body.

0|1
    0|0
  • it is super expensive and very painful since you have to first break both femors and insert a rod for the bones to heal over the rod. Also the recovery time is nearly a year with daily therapy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't do it cause it may cause effects on your body.

0|1
    0|0
  • There would probably be huge side effects, your body wouldn't react well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Short girls are cute, love yoself!

0|1
    0|0
  • short girls can be very cute

0|1
    0|0
  • no way but you could move to japan ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • taller shoes or kys

1|1
    0|0
  • ni thats dumb

0|1
    0|0
  • thats a thing? Sign me the fuck up

0|0
    0|0
    • To get taller the therapy is to break the bones in the leg and insert a piece of rod that will be expanded every x time. This process is very painful and expensive plus it can take up to a year (consider that for a year you won't be able to walk) plus you'll probably be left with a pretty big scar

• @Ruby_W Not to mention all the future "issues" it will bring. Your poor legs will never be the same again and you'll probably have chronic pain for life!

• @GingerGuy @Ruby_W
      Oh then in that case, never mind

• I'm tall and I wish I'd be shorter lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not worth all the pain you'll be getting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe not

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• no, I'm short myself but I've come to love it plus there's a lot of guys who find it attractive too.
    the surgery would be increasingly painful (since your bones have to be repeatedly broken) And expensive. You will probably not be able to walk for a long time becuase the process takes time and even when it's finished you'll probably be left with a pretty big scar.

0|1
    0|0
  • A few years back I watched this documentary and this woman traveled to some country ( I can't remember) and she got both of her legs broken and somehow she gained another inch to her height. Being that it was a few years ago, I can't really remember much about it, but she seemed happy with it.

Would I do it? Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it worth it? What will change if you get taller? Love and believe in yourself and everything else will come on it's own.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's ridiculous. So much money and pain, for what? To be 5'4 instead of 5'2? Height really isn't that big of a deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to do it just be aware it's really painful. Do some research about it and then just decide about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tbh there's no point because at most you'd only gain a couple of inches and if you've read about it, you'd know that it's absolutely excruciating!

From what I vaguely remember reading years ago (but don't quote me), the surgeons have to break the bones, insert rods into your legs and reset them so that when your bones try to fuse together, they're bridging the gap that was created. It doesn't fuse in one go and the device has to be adjusted every so often and could take about six months. After the gap has been bridged, you then have to spend a long time learning how to walk again especially as the pain is beyond excruciating. Plus it's ridiculously expensive too. The procedure may not be accurate as I'm remembering what I read years ago.

It's seriously not worth putting yourself through it, especially when the majority of guys and women love shorter girls.

I hope you'd be able to learn to love yourself the way you are because you're no doubt very beautiful inside and out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just remember that you will be in A LOT of pain when that happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • This exists?

1|0
    0|0
  • being tall is overrated

0|1
    0|0
    • for a female yes, for a guy its underrated.

• Show All
    • @yumix i know lol :p

some indian guy, yes i agree, i think your height is just fine, anyone who says you are short is dumb, you are like 2 inches above average height for males
      tyrone, you may be right, im always hearing that guys prefer like 5'2" and im like thats so short lol

• For women height doesn't matter that much. But many guys finds short girls cute. Average is also nice for many guys. So women doesn't need to be tall in order to be attractive for guys. They only needs to be tall in order to become a catwalk model. But most women prefer tall guys.

• Sure. It's your body. Do what you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get your knees done.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you want do it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes