Is it considered racist if I get these kind of accessories?

So I met this black girl and she told me she can do them for me but I have heard some people saying its racist that a white girl gets dreadlocks. I'm not doing the dreadlocks just the accessories. Is it good or bad?
Is it considered racist if I get these kind of accessories?

• racist
    Vote A
  • rock them accessories girl
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I love the poll results
Y'all amazing thanks lovelies <3

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• "heard some people saying its racist that a white girl gets dreadlocks"

and I heard that some people are fucking stupid and assholes.

Why the fuck would it be racist? I had some idiot on GAG saying that like 3 days ago or so... argued that they originated in Africa and hence white people shouldn't wear them because it's offensive. By that logic she couldn't live the life she does today because a ton of shit she wears and does every day originated by white men -_-

it's just fucking stupid. Do whatever you like and ignore those idiots

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• someone will get pissed off at you every time your style choices are uncommon- believe it. Do you babe!<3

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• How could it be racist? -_- It's not racist to get the dreadlocks either. Cultural appropriation isn't a thing. Let's stop trying to make it a thing, ok? Just because you're white doesn't mean you can't wear/use stuff from other cultures. That doesn't make you racist. Stop letting people control you and bring you down.

2|0
    1|0
    • Yeah thanks <3 I hate these things about racism and shit

• Show All
    • @Piluex I don't know that
      I just know that in today's society black people use them more

• Yeah, and that's why I call bullshit in those who damn as racist anyone using dreads if they're not black, they just assume they're black exclusive, whitout knowing shit about their origin, pretty much any culture that didn't wash their hair for long periods used them, even romans and greeks. Those morons should do some fucking resesrch before talking shit.

• These days you get do nothing without being called racist. But we all are racist to some extent. Black people are more racist than anyone I've observed.

Now to the topic, rock them accessories. Stop caring about if others consider you a racist, cause that's their problem.

1|0
    0|0
    • Some ignorant black people * are racists
      Modern people don't really give a sh about race thing

• Show All
    • lol no I meant who was that great person (kindred soul) who made a fake profile of him. But yeah this story you've told before :D

• No lol I have no idea

• "rock them accessories girl" as you said. I don't get how anyone sees it as anything less than a compliment to their culture.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its okay so long as you express you wanted to experience another culture and that you did it good intentions. Not as a fictitious reason. I mean any girl can do the japanese/Korean bun so long as they dont dilute themselves into thinking it makes them that race by adapting that style.

keep being you miss and you will go a long ways.

1|0
    0|0
    • Dreadlocks aren't even a black thing, nordics used them too.

• Show All
    • @Piluex I'm not claiming that its a black thing. LOL I'm just saying to explain the reasoning behind wanting the hair style so people dont take it as offense.

• Cause there isn't much more of an offensive thing than when people do something without understanding the cultural meaning. As in some cases things have a spiritual meaning.

• Its not racist but it makes you look like a hobo. Why the fuck would you want that? Black girls with dreadlocks can maybe pull it off. But this way it just looks dirty and gypsy like

0|0
    3|3
    • Its just trendy dude
      Something a teen is normal to do

• I don't know, as a guy, I can tell you its not attractive at all, makes you look like a dirty hippie. But hey, its your hair, you can do with it whatever you want, Im just saying that I don't like it

• It's not racist. It's a fashion statement and trend. Nothing wrong with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • ain't racist...
    Theure just butthurt you pull off the look better

1|0
    1|0
    • I'm not sure if they will look better tbh haha
      Depends how good the black girl is at it but they usually are awesome at hairstyles

• its not racist, if anything ur embracing another culture. I do think dreads look tacky on white people though unless ur going to burning man or a music festival lo

1|0
    0|0
  • the only thing racist is saying that only black girls can wear this in your hair

3|1
    0|0
  • A haircut can't be racist, unless you've got a swastika shaved into it or something.

2|1
    0|0
  • Only in some silly parts of America :P you're fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who tells you dreadlockd are racist must be retarded.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it is racist to get the accessories or dreadlocks

2|0
    1|0
  • Unless your accessories says something racist, they should not be.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it is not and anyone who does think it is racist ignorant and completely stupid.

1|0
    0|0
  • dafuq? why would that be racist lmao! chill its cool at least from my black guy standpoint.

0|0
    0|0
  • How the fuck would it be racist? What kind of bullshit is that?

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you look better than the person making the comment?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's racist to think that it's racist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just do it
    People will judge you no matter what

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• i'm not sure how that could be considered racist

1|0
    0|0
  • Dreadlocks aren't racist. People get them because they believe your spirit or something gets out of your hair. So you get dreadlocks to not lose it as well as challlenge beauty standards. It's something like that haha its not specific to one race.

1|0
    0|0
  • People go way too far with the cultural appropriation thing nowadays -- it is a very real concept, but you really are not racist for thinking these accessories are cute and wanting to wear them. Go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not racist, the closest thing it could be to being offensive would be cultural appropriation but as long as you're not making fun of a sacred ritual or a cultural tragedy you should be fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • SJWs are too hung up on all this "cultural appropriation" bullshit. Be yourself and don't let the cry-bullies win!

1|0
    1|0
  • Lol I have never seen a black persons hair like the picture above😂😂

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how those could be racist. If you like it go get it done :)

1|0
    0|0
  • totally not racist. i'm white and have had dreadlocks

1|0
    0|0
  • How is it racist?
    You could go ahead and rock the colorful dreadlocks. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • You know what, this reminds of the Marc Jacobs 2016 fall fashion show. It looks so nice actually!
      The amount of people who got offended by the Marc Jacobs dreadlocks *sigh* I can't even...
      I'll never forget how annoying that was, lol.

• It's not racist that's stupid to say it is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly <3

• Show All
    • I actually LOVE them
      Also the Jamaican music is great sometimes aha <3

• lol yes some of the music is ohk

• They're ugly

1|0
    0|0
  • How is that racist?

1|1
    0|0
  • nothing bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Uhhhh no? Anyone who says it is is an idiot looool

1|0
    0|0
  • lol, no it's not racist

1|0
    0|0
  • No its not.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's so funny.. I mean it's not "racist" nor trying to be white for them to straighten their hear, and bleach their hair to blonde, you wearing those accesories on your hair would be no problem at all

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes