Do you think it's easier for us men to be physically attractive/look handsome since most of us don't use cosmetics or enhancing surgeries?

I remember talking to my health teacher and sociology teachers in high school about this, both of them said that men are naturally more physically attractive than women since they don't use cosmetics or get surgeries, men don't even put too much effort into their looks and they still look good. They aren't the only ones to have said this, I've heard this from many people. Since I'm straight, I can't tell if a man is physically attractive.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'm always saying how the reason make up isn't made for men is because you don't need it. You look just look good. Naturally. It's not fair!

Having said that, there are some very naturally beautiful women out there who don't need it either.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... Lol if I wore makeup and got enhancing surgery (I never ever will), I would have a whole choir of angels following me around.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• not really, i think it's women that are more attractive! If you are not as good looking as some other girls, you can just wear push ups or apply some makeup or go to the gym or die your hair or something or dress nice.
    But for you guys, well an ugly face is an ugly face. You can't hide your zits or make your face more symmetrical with makeup.
    Personally, even if the guy is buff, if i dont like his face or his charms, i won't find that person attractive... And maybe its because im picky, but i think there are way more attractive females than males in life.
    Also what the actual fuck. It's not because you are heterosexual that you can't tell if someone is attractive/ good looking. I'm hetero and i can tell if a girl is pretty or not. Just drop the macho shit.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think most of the time a woman has to be good looking to get guys interested (therefore we wear makeup) but a man doesn't need to. You can be funny, or have a nice body, or be interesting, etc...
    I think woman dont judge a man that much by its physical aspect.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately, attractive women are more likely to pay attention the the physical aspect.

• I think women are physically more attractive if you were to add the use of products such as makeup and hair tools. But naturally speaking, men are more attractive.

0|2
    0|0
  • For me men who are attractive are those who knows how to dress well or looks always fabulous, neat and smells good. That alone even if he is not that good looking physically will make him more attractive than those who looks good physically but knows not to looks fabulous, neat and smells good.

0|0
    0|0
  • my friends said my boyfriend is not handsome but to me he's very handsome. With his muscles and broad chest and tall... he's perfect.. so its all depends on the person..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. Some guys are naturally very attractive. Some guys would benefit from cosmetics if only it were acceptable for guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cosmetics would make a man look feminine, that's why they are not socially acceptable for men.

• Men make the best of what they've got, girls are always looking for improvements.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the range of attractiveness is much smaller for men so yes it's easier in that sense

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah i think guys ar like hotter than women

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, the beauty standards for men and women are so different in regards to how many modification most women would have to make to be the idea beautiful. For instance, most men barely do anything with their hair and only groom their face once or twice a week while women style their hair, do their nails, do their makeup, shave 1-4 times a week (pits, legs, lady parts, arms, stomach, face), or they wax every 2-4 weeks lol PS I'm not saying this is everyone. I'm just saying it's easier for a guy cuz the standards are lower. I wouldn't even want to date a guy that was too manicured.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's easier for men to find themselves to be attractive, their is more pressure on women in that regard in my opinion hence the plastic surgery and cosmetics. Women have more of a unrelistic goal (from both genders) then men do... once again just my opinion but I read somewhere that guys are getting more insecure as things change so I don't know.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Women are supposed to be prettier because that's what men value. Men don't have to look good physically. They have to look powerful and full of resources. Women value a man with power and resources more than looks.

1|0
    0|0
    • Isn't handsomeness different than prettiness? Or are men suppose to be ugly?

• Show All
    • Facial structure does play a role for both men and women in terms of attractiveness.

• That makes sense.

• Its just that we dont feign our attractiveness that we are more attractive. I believe a man can only have more actactiveness if he works out. Men are physically stronger than women so they their potential for attractiveness is higher. You can even do facial exercises to increase the beauty of your face. We dont need make up or starvation to look good. We just need to eat a shitload of good food and work out hard.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, and women are also physically stronger than men (rolls eyes)

0|0
    0|1
    • I'm guessing you didn't Understand the question🙄.

• Show All
    • You're stubbornness is really getting on my nerves "sir". You are just comparing apples with oranges now.

• I used to visit a psychiatrist once a month but I no longer need a psychiatrist.

• I agree guys don't need as much effort, merely having low body fat can make a guy's facial features pop and look good to most women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just aesthetically yes, but from all other angles of attractiveness, definitely not.

0|1
    0|0
  • absolute BS, only 1% of the men in the world are actually attractive while any female that isn't obese or deformed looking is seen an attractive unfortunately. As a guy, these are the BARE MINIMUM things:
    a. 5'9+ height
    b. Decent parebral fissure length and deep set eyes
    c. Good facial ratios
    d. Strong jaw and cheekbones
    e. Proportionate shoulder to hip ratio (there are no different acceptable body types for men, wide shoulders is a must)

after u have AT LEAST cleared all this criteria, you are even in the competition else u make females PUKE with your presence and thats the truth.

0|0
    1|0
  • It doesn't actually matter believe it or not, girls aren't really attracted to looks at all. For girls personality and ability to provide is what they find attractive

1|0
    0|0
    • So you think they don't find men physically attractive?

• They can admire their attractivness but won't be attracted unless there is an emotional connection

• That's sad.

• I think I get what you are saying. My sisters and female cousins were so boy crazy about almost every guy on tv. I was picky about the girls I liked. I wanted blonde, busty, big lips, and long legs.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes