How to I gain confidence?

When I'm at home I feel beautiful, but when I enter school I feel ugly & all my flaws hit me at once. Is there any like tips or anything that can help with confidence. Mine is definitely lacking. I'm always trying to impress others. But when I do that I'm letting myself down.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up with a pretty jacked up life. I had no confidence and was pretty withdrawn in school. I didn't do any activities, never kissed a girl, never went to dances, nothing. By the time of my senior year, I was contemplating suicide.

After the high school years, I did a lot of growing up, and started doing things, like partying, tubing down creeks with friends, and took ice skating lessons. These kind of things gave me a feeling of accomplishment, and gave me confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop trying to impress people to have confidence in life you first have to have self confidence and you can't do that always trying to make people like you I always felt like I'm not as gorgeous as people like to say I am it's just my ego that pulls them in the only time I ever found myself having issues with it I was in a relationship with a guy who Always made me feel less than it was weird because in public he would hold my hand and treat me like a queen gush over how beautiful I was buy me things but I was just a trophy it didn't stop him from cheating on me with girls that weren't as pretty or intelligent which was a blow to the ego and it kept happening until I told myself I'm better than that I'm the shit and he doesn't deserve me confidence is all about feeling you're great and truly believing it so work on you tell yourself every day everything great about you walk like you own the place and always chin up