Would you try not looking in a mirror for a week?

I feel ugly. I know I'm not the most attractive girl in the world. Lately I've been absolutely obsessing over my looks and have decided it's not healthy and something needed to be done because I know there is so much more to life than physical appearances. I looked up online things people with body dismorphis disorder/ just insecure people in general or people who are preoccupied with their looks do to feel better about themselves and someone suggested to not look in a mirror or reflection for one week. Today is day one for me and I didn't realize how much I really do glance at myself non stop through the day. I did catch a couple glimpses but quickly looked away. Once was I'm the toaster and another in my phone's reflection. So now I'm purposely pointing it downward. I'm already thinking about my appearance less. Tomorrow will be easier but I think this will be a good experiment. Would you consider doing it too? What do you think the benefits would be?
Updates:
Dismorphic*
In the toaster* sorry lots of typos

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• i think its normal to try and avoid the mirror , a lot of people do this

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I used to avoid the mirror almost at all times unless it was to pack on makeup to cover acne. Now that I have it cleared up (hopefully it stays this way) I am much more confident in myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a good idea

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes