How do you feel about makeup?

*disclaimer: people wear makeup for themselves so it doesn't matter that much what your opinion on their preferences are, im just looking to get a general consensus

Guys & Gals,

1.) do you like natural looking makeup or more creative looks?
2.) do you prefer makeup over bare face?
3.) what's your opinion on men who wear makeup?

4.) also just for the fun of it, what is your favorite makeup product or brand? Drugstore or high quality?

5.) what age do you think is appropriate to start wearing makeup/ when did you start wearing it?(if you wear makeup)

6.) anything else you'd like to say relating to makeup?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) If she wants to look "natural", she should just be natural (as in, no makeup). That kinda defeats the purpose of wearing it in the first place. If you're gonna wear makeup, own that shit.
    2) Most of the time, I prefer bare face. Women look best when they look the way they're supposed to look. However, I still don't mind if she wants to doll herself up every now and then.
    3) It's the same as my opinion on women who wear makeup.
    4) I don't know the brands, but I know which types of makeup I like and which ones I don't. Concealer and foundation are the most practical, because they are usually used to even skin tones and cover up blemishes/acne. Eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow) are the prettiest. When I say a girl's makeup looks good, I'm almost always referring to her eye makeup. The eye makeup is the only makeup that is noticeable enough to make it worth wearing. I can't stand lipstick, though - especially unnatural colors.
    5) That depends on the motive. If they are only wearing it to feel more confident, or to "fit in" - any age. If they are wearing it to attract the opposite sex - mid teens.
    6) To clarify, I don't give a rat's ass how much makeup my girl wears, as long as I am attracted to her with AND without it.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I am self taught makeup artist. I started wearing it when I was 13. I like doing creative looks but I wear natural looks to school and work and just for basic days. I also think that men wearing makeup is okay. We should wear makeup to bring up our good features. Not to cover up our flaws. Guys should keep it natural. I have some products from Nyx, Maybelline, Lumene... but I usually use some drugstore products. It doesn't have to be expensive. You don't have to pay hundreds just to be pretty.

And here is my last note: No matter what gender you are. You can wear makeup. Fuck the society if they shame you. BUT remember to have the makeup free days to give your skin a break. And use that moisturizer!!! Love xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• 1. Natural preferred
    2. Bare face preferred
    3. Weird but sometimes understandable (like actors and zit cover up)
    4. Cover up I suppose? Don't know makeup terms
    5. 15-16 seems about normal I guess. Not sure though.
    6. I wonder if women's complexions would be better without makeup if they never wore makeup.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for commenting! In response to 5.) I've seen kids as young as 10 with makeup and I've noticed (my sister is 13) that most of the girls in middle school wear it
      6.) possibly, I almost never wear makeup but my skin isn't even close to perfect.

• Show All
    • Oh, I can't wear lotion and sunscreen is only worn begrudgingly. Why would anyone put up with that feeling every day 😂

• I don't know😂 its so uncomfortable

• 1. I love natural looking makeup, it emphasizes certain parts of the face which sometimes can be amazingly beautiful.
    2. I don't mind
    3. I have never seen men wear makeup unless its Halloween, but even if they wear it daily, like gothic males, i still dont really care. If that guy is happy, im fine with it. :)
    4. I have no clue whatsoever about such things.
    5. I would probably say 15+, its when girls start to have deeper and better understanding of what fashion they love. :D

6. I personally prefer girls to go without any makeup, i fully support natural beauty and i think natural beauty is what girls should worry about more.
    Cause if a girl puts tons of makeup, or even a normal amount, then it probably means that they are not so happy with their look. Those who say "its just to emphasize this or that, or "to make it look better" or any other excuse still means they are no confident. Because makeup is mostly put on to improve one's appearance, nothing else.
    But that's just me and my opinion about makeup. If my partner will put a whole lot of makeup then i will try to make her as much confident as possible to go without it, i want her to be proud of her look, not be shy or ashamed of it.
    But if its just a tiny little bit that it is barely noticeable, then its all good :P

1|0
    0|0
  • make up is good but should be occasional n never too much.

natural beauty tops it all... I'd rather see you beautiful natural before make up rather than meet you with make up on you n find out you were hiding something or are insecure of how you look.

unless you're gay or modelling guys shouldn't do make up.

0|0
    0|0
    • How come you think that only gay guys (other than actors) should wear makeup?

• Show All
    • cool... thank you, now I've learnt its about personal preference... n not being gay.

• Of course!❤

• Fine in moderation, if its really noticeable its a big turnoff.

1- Natural al the way. I don't want to be able to tell a girl is wearing any

2- Bare ideally, but natural is ok

3- 68.media.tumblr.com/.../...3hauft1qbmz6lo1_400.gif

1|0
    0|0
  • Just according to the situation, if it is a formal event then something classy is ok (Smokey eyes is perfection). Casual makeup is good as well.
    2.-Although I have no problem if my girl wears no make up, I think simply using mascara would be better.
    5.- 17-18

1|0
    0|0
  • I think all women look better without it. I think it's overpriced. I think it's sad that so many women are so insecure that they want to cover their faces with synthetical material. Etc

1|0
    0|0
    • But not all of it is to cover up insecurities. People wear name brand clothes, is that to impress everyone else and to make us more confident? I personally feel like makeup and clothing can be used as art and expression too. There is no doubt that makeup is used to cover "flaws" but I think it has more purpose than that.

• People who are completely confident would not need to wear different clothes or make up to make themselves feel more confident

• It depends on who is wearing it. If she looks ugly without it then she will probably need so much of it to cover up ugly she will probably look like a clown instead, which is almost as bad. Generally I don't care, the girls i tend to go for tend to look just as hot with her makeup all over the pillow and her hair messed up in the morning anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like natural looking make up most.
    I find it odd when men wear make up, but they can do what they want.
    My niece is 5 and puts make up on (it's fake make up, for kids) then will put it on me and what not, I think when girls become teenagers is appropriate age, so like 13/14.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1.) I prefer the natural look but I have nothing against more creative looks.
    2.) it depends on the persons facen, if you can pull off the bare face then go for it.
    3.) they can do what ever they want.
    4.) I don't know enough about make up to answer that one.
    5.) when they get to high school. don't wear excessive amounts it's unatractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like when girls wear makeup. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they don't wear too much

1|0
    0|0
  • Its just scary how it can change your face that much. Its basically smearable paint for on your face.

1|1
    0|0
  • Minimum make up. I hate clowns unles its haloween or something.

2|0
    0|0
  • 1. I don't have an opinion about either of them. I couldn't care less about what people put on their faces.
    2. Nope. Again, I don't care about how people look.
    3. It's most likely for a modeling job, an acting job, costume, or whatever is normal. Or they are drag queens or crossdressers... Other than that, I don't have an opinion about them. They can wear whatever they want it doesn't bother me.
    4. I don't have a favorite brand and I barely know any makeup brands. I can't tell the difference between the "qualities" of makeup.
    5. It's okay to wear makeup at any age as long as it's safe for them to wear it. I only wear some makeup (foundation, brow shit...) applied by a makeup artist for a modeling job since I was 18 because I am required to wear it in order to get paid. I would never wear makeup unless it's for modeling...
    6. I have nothing else to say.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you look different with makeup on there's a problem. If i see you with and without makeup on and can't really tell the difference we cool

1|0
    0|0
  • I really think nothing about it unless they wear piles of makeup
    Natural beauty should be excepted... but it's not in society which is sad

1|0
    0|0
  • natural looks without any makeup are always the best

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) natural looking
    2) without makeup
    3) it doesn't affect me
    4) uhh.. I don't know sh*t about that... ^^

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. If it's for an artistic purpose then I don't mind a lot but I don't like appearance-altering makeup at all.
    2. The amount of makeup I would be okay with is if she didn't drastically change appearance when she took it off, so honestly it shouldn't matter
    3. I find it odd myself but as I said I hope they don't deceive with their appearance, unless they're a clown.
    4. Couldn't tell ya
    5. Junior high/high school is a good start, but I don't want little toddlers walking around with it like my sister did. It was awful
    6. I don't mind makeup if it's used sensibly (and I hate the fact of how long it takes them to work on it.) So, that's actually my main quarrel with makeup.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree completely

• There's too many pictures to pick just one but look up on google images makeup before and after. It's sorta scary lol

If I lived with my (hypothetical) girlfriend, as long as she 1. didn't hold back our morning schedule with makeup, 2. doesn't rub makeup on my face when we kiss, and 3. I'm not surprised by her face when I wake up in the morning

• I don't care. As long as they look good.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• 1. classic
    2. yes although i don't wear it everyday
    3. only for stage and shoots
    4. CHANEL
    5. 14ish
    6. i like pink

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually don't wear makeup, not cause I wouldn't look better with it. I would say I could use it, but that'd sound self-deprecating, so of course I don't need it, but I'd probably look better with it. I'm too lazy to wear it and it's too expensive to buy. I only use an eyebrow pencil to fill in a scar I have, and that's about it. And chapstick, but more for comfort purposes– I bite my lips a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) Honestly I love both
    2) make up for myself, I don't care what anyone else does
    3) You do you boo but don't expect your dating pool to be as big as it would be otherwise
    4) Younique is amazing and I sell it if you want to know more about it :)
    5) I think as a kid lip glosses and eyeshadows are fun and as you get older you can add more to your collection. I started wearing make up in grade 5 I think

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Depend on the occasion.
    Natural for daily creative for special events
    2. Yes
    3. If they do it the right way it's okay
    4. Mac
    5. I wore mascara at 10 but then stopped and wore it at 13 again. I think 12 is a good age to start
    6. Watch tutorials

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) natural looking makeup
    2) no. I prefer bare face. it feels fresh.
    3) it's their choice. I don't have an opinion on that.
    4) I buy my products from Sephora usually.
    5)17-18... the later the better. I started wearing it at 14, unfortunately.
    6) it can be a form of art. I swear that contouring is like sorcery for me.😂 I respect makeup artists. it's not easy at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear makeup most of the time. My cousin does cosmetology so she is alway looking for someone to to put makeup and do their hair so I'm the one who she makes sit there for about an hour or more

1|1
    0|0
  • I couldn't care less about it.
    I don't wear it unless on a special occasion.
    The only thing I like is kohl and lipsticks

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. I prefer natural makeup for myself.
    2. No.
    3. I don't care.
    4. Maybelline.
    5. I started wearing makeup when I was 14.
    6. Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love makup <3, it is really fun to apply and wear creative looks <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear make up to each its own who does.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love makeup.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes