How do you feel about makeup?

*disclaimer: people wear makeup for themselves so it doesn't matter that much what your opinion on their preferences are, im just looking to get a general consensus

Guys & Gals,

1.) do you like natural looking makeup or more creative looks?
2.) do you prefer makeup over bare face?
3.) what's your opinion on men who wear makeup?

4.) also just for the fun of it, what is your favorite makeup product or brand? Drugstore or high quality?

5.) what age do you think is appropriate to start wearing makeup/ when did you start wearing it?(if you wear makeup)

6.) anything else you'd like to say relating to makeup?

1225

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) If she wants to look "natural", she should just be natural (as in, no makeup). That kinda defeats the purpose of wearing it in the first place. If you're gonna wear makeup, own that shit.
    2) Most of the time, I prefer bare face. Women look best when they look the way they're supposed to look. However, I still don't mind if she wants to doll herself up every now and then.
    3) It's the same as my opinion on women who wear makeup.
    4) I don't know the brands, but I know which types of makeup I like and which ones I don't. Concealer and foundation are the most practical, because they are usually used to even skin tones and cover up blemishes/acne. Eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow) are the prettiest. When I say a girl's makeup looks good, I'm almost always referring to her eye makeup. The eye makeup is the only makeup that is noticeable enough to make it worth wearing. I can't stand lipstick, though - especially unnatural colors.
    5) That depends on the motive. If they are only wearing it to feel more confident, or to "fit in" - any age. If they are wearing it to attract the opposite sex - mid teens.
    6) To clarify, I don't give a rat's ass how much makeup my girl wears, as long as I am attracted to her with AND without it.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I am self taught makeup artist. I started wearing it when I was 13. I like doing creative looks but I wear natural looks to school and work and just for basic days. I also think that men wearing makeup is okay. We should wear makeup to bring up our good features. Not to cover up our flaws. Guys should keep it natural. I have some products from Nyx, Maybelline, Lumene... but I usually use some drugstore products. It doesn't have to be expensive. You don't have to pay hundreds just to be pretty.

And here is my last note: No matter what gender you are. You can wear makeup. Fuck the society if they shame you. BUT remember to have the makeup free days to give your skin a break. And use that moisturizer!!! Love xx