Why do ladies wear underwear (panties)?

Why do you ladies wear underwear? I do know several women that do not wear underwear and they get along just fine. My reasoning for asking is, they have nothing to support in the downstairs region, it seems like a complete waste to me.
Its basically the same as why do dudes wear boxers, they offer no support, and only become bunched up and tangled.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not there to support its there to protect it, bacteria can easily get in the vagina and therefor having a layer between can prevent that usually, also as we enter puberty, our vagina naturally cleans itself so you may end up with discharge or while ovulating we do as well. Its better to get it on your underwear than on your pants.

4|1
    0|0
    • Actually I've read that its more sanitary for ladies to go without. I have a friend who got UTIs and what not a lot, docs recommend she stop wearing underwear. Now she's fine.

• You can get all tor UTI's and yeast infections from THONGS. not regular underwear

• Alright doctor.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sanitary reasons and it's uncomfortable to wear jeans without any underwear since it basically rubs your genitals

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• That's like asking why humans wear clothes at all, I dunno maybe for warmth? To protect our naughty bits? That's just my guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • No one wears a thong for warmth, and why would a tiny thin piece of fabric protect your naughty bits?

• Show All
    • So you're admitting I'm right

• Not really. :) You are the one asking why we wear underwear.. >_< Why do boys wear underwear? XD In all seriousness the question is silly.

• ummm sanitary reasons, every girl wears underwear and if they say no they are lying... it's dirty not to, and very uncomfortable as the fabric rubs in bad ways

2|0
    0|0
  • I am sure you know about period when we need some support to keep pads intact with body that 1 reason. Other sometimes we wear to feel sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • discharge. I don't want it all on my pants. Plus if you're wearing a skirt it's for decency

1|0
    0|0
  • 😑😑😑😑😑😑

1|0
    0|0
  • to protect my vagina

0|0
    0|0
  • I only wear them on my cycle. I guess it's just like an added comfort during that week.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are wearing tight jeans and have outie labia it still can get pinched in your jeans.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to wear jeans and the seams rub against the whole genital area which feels uncomfortable and underwear prevents that.

2|1
    0|0
    • But you wear underwear all the time regardless of what pants you wear?

• Yes.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes