Why do ladies wear underwear (panties)?

Why do you ladies wear underwear? I do know several women that do not wear underwear and they get along just fine. My reasoning for asking is, they have nothing to support in the downstairs region, it seems like a complete waste to me.
Its basically the same as why do dudes wear boxers, they offer no support, and only become bunched up and tangled.

101

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not there to support its there to protect it, bacteria can easily get in the vagina and therefor having a layer between can prevent that usually, also as we enter puberty, our vagina naturally cleans itself so you may end up with discharge or while ovulating we do as well. Its better to get it on your underwear than on your pants.

• Actually I've read that its more sanitary for ladies to go without. I have a friend who got UTIs and what not a lot, docs recommend she stop wearing underwear. Now she's fine.

• You can get all tor UTI's and yeast infections from THONGS. not regular underwear

• Alright doctor.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sanitary reasons and it's uncomfortable to wear jeans without any underwear since it basically rubs your genitals