Favorite skin care routine?

I just started using this l'oreal face mask clay to like purify and 'mattefy' my skin. Its AMAZING. Anyway im wondering what you use to keep your skin looking healthy and fresh and if you have any tips for keeping your skin in check.

Make sure to mention what kind of skin you have. (Dry, combo, tzone, oily, sensitive, acne prone, ect)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've got kinda oily skin, so when I think I need to (after running, before bed) I will just wash my hands and rub my face down with plain water. It's enough to keep the zits away.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not one favorite, but I will give you the details of my weekly routine if you don't mind.

1) I use Aztec Indian Clay Mask. You can get it from Amazon. Once a week. And after using it, I apply organic HoneySkin Aloe Vera + Manuka Honey face and body cream. This is for blackhead etc. cleaning, and even skin tone.

2) I make my own oatmeal scrub towards the end of the week with honey and a bit of lemon to clear the acnes.

3) For daily exfoliation.
    1 drop: Citrus oil for even skin tone
    1drop: Tea tree oil for reducing redness
    1tsp: Coconut oil for moisturization
    1tsp: Aloe vera for calming your skin
    1tbs: brown/black sugar

and on top I use aloe vera moisturizing skin cream.

I have tons of different creams lol. But all these are organic, and I don't really buy any brand scrub or something like Loreal, Neutrogena etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • I use a lot of home made stuff but I can never tell what really works 🙄 thanks for sharing though!

• Show All
    • I have even more recipes I can give :P I change my 2nd and 3rd routine/recipe every 2 months. LOLOL @marinajs

• Wow! I try things all the time, i love making face care recipes

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• i dont use anything lol

1|0
    0|0
    • i do have a moisturiser its Olay fresh effects dew over but i rarely use it. dont like putting cream on my face it feels unnatural id rather just wash my face with water.

• I just use soap lol. I don't know man.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• I have more or less normal skin, and I've been loving my Guerisson 9 complex cream soo much lately. Before it, I didn't use any moisturizer because all the ones I'd tried before felt too heavy and oily for me, but this cream is seriously amazing. It's extremely rich yet so lightweight, and it feels like it just melts and sinks into my skin when I apply it. They say it's great for eczema too, and I can definitely see how as it's been really effective in treating these extremely dry and itchy spots I recently got on my body from some allergy. The Innisfree volcanic clay mask is another great product I saw amazing results with the first few times I used it. Now I use it less just for maintenance. The Cosrx pimple patch is also very handy for when I get a spot. Aside from it really doing what it claims to and sticking to the skin no matter what though, it gives me the reassurance that my pimple is protected from pollutants and such. X) Oh, and I also love putting on sheet masks once or twice a week.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been struggling with acne off and on, so I use these grapefruit infused facial wipes- they smell nice, they're soft on the skin, and they help acne go away/stay away naturally. My skin gets dry easily, but it's usually not too oily, not too dry. I also use Eucerin (I think I spelled that wrong) face lotion with spf 15 daily.. I freckle and burn easily, so getting in the habit of moisturizing with gentle, sunscreen-infused lotion is great for me, even if it's in winter.

1|0
    0|0
  • just a heads up that l'oreal tests on animals so i never buy any of their products. i use this Neutrogena face cleanser, an elf lip stick thing, and a lip scrup. about once a month i use a poré strip and face masks. my skin is pretty clear

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, i know 😢 I try my best to be conscience of that but i was getting desperate. My nose was embedded with black heads and peeling really badly. I usually go with neutrogena but I find that it makes my skin burn. Thanks for sharing💕

• I'm using all lush products
    Dark angels facial cleanser
    Enchanted eye cream
    Eau roma water toner
    Imperialis moisturizer
    Full of grace serum
    And then I switch between these facial masks
    Don't look at me
    Rosy cheeks
    Sacred truth
    Oatafix
    Brazened honey

1|0
    0|0
    • Loveee lush. I wish there was one closer to me

• Show All
    • I have!! I heard that one is amazing!

• Yeah it smells amazing! It smells like when you're sitting around a campfire making smores... and you smell the melted chocolate. It leaves your skin super soft... I definitely love the formulation of the body conditioners from the kitchen.

• I have combo. I use Ole Henriksen African red tea foaming cleanser daily. I alternate between Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer and Caudalie moisturizing sorbet cream. I also use Caudalie cleansing water and caudalie vinosource quenching serum. Once a week I use Caudalie deep cleansing exfoliating wash
    I'm not really good at washing my face before I sleep but my skin is soft and wonderful with these products.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have really dry skin, and I always use an oatmeal and avocado face mask weekly which helps with acne. An exfoliant in my face wash and Pond's dry skin cream. The skin cream is cheap, but it does what I want it to do so I like it. I also use a toner from Simple.

1|0
    0|0
  • My skin isn't sensitive nor is it acne prone or dry. I got lucky. I don't need to do much to take care of it. Lotion and regular hygiene is all I need. I don't have a real skin care routine.
    I just use regular lotion, when I do get sparse acne on my face, I just wash my face more. With soap and water. Nothing special.
    Also, I don't wear makeup so my pores aren't clogged.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh geez, here's what I do:
    Everday routine
    Wash face with garnier purifying cleanser and water, dry face and apply moisturizer (hema, a dutch store). Then I apply primer and make up, at night I wash it off and apply night moisturizer, lip balm and lash oil.

Weekly things I use (sometimes too often ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
    L'oreal mask (the one you use, lol)
    Aloe vera gel
    H&M facemasks
    Sugar scrubs (rarely)

1|0
    0|0
  • Right now I use Effaclar from La Roche Posay cleanser and I apply Aloe Vera gel or jojoba oil at night , I also use tea trea oil sometimes and rose water. I like to use lush cupcake or sephora mud mask once or twice a week. I have combination skin by the way and I always put sunscreen on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have dry skin. I wash my face with grapefruit nutrigina facewash every night and morning. I use a tinted moisturizer after. About once a week a use a juniper mint face mask. I also drink a lot of water and I have rare breakouts.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly just wash my face in the morning and evening with water and put an Nivea night cream on my face

1|0
    0|0
  • I have same skin. Half caucasian half indonesian, 30 years old. I've tried a lot. At the moment i really recommend jan marini bio-glycolic cream and obagi nu derm #3 and #5, and of course always some form of tretinoin (retin a, generic gel, whatever u like best). Most dr prescribe tretinoin pretty easily, or you can always get obagis tretinoin from an online dermatology office like loveyskin. com but itll be more expensive. I highly recommend looking up all those products and doing a little research if you are unfamiliar. They are worth the money.
    dutyisdone. com/? id=317

1|0
    0|0
  • I have combo skin
    Exfoliate with a sugar honey scrub once a week.
    Wash face with dove and clearasil daily.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol I don t do much
    I use uriage as soap
    emm and some morning and night cream forgot the names
    I have a mixed skin

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't use anything 😬 I just wash my face every morning lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I just wash it and exfoliate with African Black Soap, use a toner and then lotion up

2|0
    0|0
  • The stuff I get from my dermatologist.
    All the drug store stuff breaks me out. My skin sucks.

1|0
    0|0
  • L'Oreal testes on animals so I don't use them but aba pineapple enzyme face mask is amazing and natural I have oily skin that's breakout prone

1|0
    0|0
  • water

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi there! I have combo/normal skin and here is my routine:
    Morning:
    - clean skin with micellar water
    - skin tonic
    - put C vitamin serum
    - sometimes put essential oil (depending on skin condition and whether I will have a long tiring day with make up ahead of me)
    - moisturizing cream
    - sunscreen
    - make up

Evening:
    - skin cleaning with micellar water + wash cream + eye make up remover for eyes
    - skin tonic
    - C vitamin serum
    - essential oil (usually argan oil or coconut oil)

Once or twice a week I do skin peeling as well.

Since I am having this routine my skin looks great, healthy and glowing. I used to wear make up at all times but now I have days when I only put eye make up on because my skin already looks good enough.

2|0
    0|0
  • I buy products from "Lush Cosmetics" I have 'Dark Angels' which works really well for me since my t zone gets oily very often; this cleanser mattifies (if thats a word 😂) my face and gets rid of all the bacteria; its charcoal based. After that I use a proactive toner which works really well too, it takes off the residue that the cleanser didn't get too.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes