What do you think of the new corset trend?

I've included some pictures below, I'm just curious to see what both guys and girls think of it. Cute? Weird? Ugly? Would you wear it? Would you mind your girlfriend wearing it?

3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're the 2010s version of the 2000s loose belt over the shirt trend. So they look cool right now since they're on trend, but will likely go out soon so if you want to try it I would do it now. But be warned, this is probably a style that you'll look back in 10 years and think "what was I wearing?" That being said, I think they're cute and I encouraged you to take as many fashion risks as you can to develop your personal style, have fun!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I really liked the last one cause it doesn't totally look like a corset. But when I see a corset I think of something bigger and under more clothes.

But as a trend I don't mind more women wearing more corsets. I think they are sexy.

1|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend wears a corset corset... The ones goths use (even though she isn't one) and tbh, I never like it. From these however, #2 and #5 look pretty good! Otherwise don't use this trend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind the last one, seems to actually have purpose with the bra strap look... But I find it dumb overall, just like women wearing belts on their shirts and guys walking with their pants down at their knees, but do you booboo..

1|0
    0|0
  • The last ones better but still in all 5 i think It's being worn with the wrong things the styles just contrast.
    It needs to go with more either more frilly or more skimpy things not a plane dress.

1|1
    0|0
  • They look ugly as fuck, except for the second one which works with the dress she's wearing. All the other ones look sloppy and out of place. I hope this god awful "trend" is short lived.

1|2
    0|0
  • The black on black one is fine, the rest of them look retarded

1|0
    0|0
  • corsets are not a new trend. They've been around for a very long time and i find them sexy

1|0
    0|0
  • i like it but she has to be fit enough to pull it off otherwise it looks like the number 8

1|0
    0|0
  • 2nd and the last one are perfect but not the others

1|0
    0|0
  • Of cors-ets sexy.

2|0
    0|1
  • hideous

1|0
    0|0
  • looks cool

1|0
    0|0
  • reminds me of the middle ages.

1|1
    0|0
  • this is ugly

2|0
    0|0
  • Sexy

1|0
    0|0
  • The last one I like but the others look absurd.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have murder urges

1|0
    0|0
  • kinda of hot, but I"m not so certain

1|0
    0|0
  • They're hot!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but not with undershirt. That looks silly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well society is moving away from healthy lifestyle towards fat acceptance, and most people don't go to the gym. This leads to people hiding their obesity and not so great figure by cheating with corsets.

1|2
    0|0
    • lmao, it's funnier because of the photos the op showed being only skinny girls too. It almost looks like the corsets could just fall off them.

• if you want to puncture your ribs, go right ahead

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 32

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...884de01363.jpg

This one is cute... But I don't like the ones above... I like the last concept, but the execution is very poor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Functionally... just lose fat, lol 😂

But as a fashion accessory, I could imagine it, although it's a pretty limiting piece you kinda have to design the outfit around. Like, the first and last pic are ok,

1|0
    0|0
  • ugly. i never imagined corset te ugly way like this. no please.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! All my friends had a go at me for saying it just looks ooold

• the average person cannot pull it off lmao it only looks good on the kardaahians

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont know. I find them silly and not so stylish. But then again they say i wear pretty weird and hipster maybe it is just me...

1|1
    0|0
  • I think that they're cool, as long as the rest of the outfit is kept simple like in the pictures.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only like that vest corset thing, i like it a lot. I think im gonna make it :)

1|0
    0|0
  • the last one is really pretty. not a fan of the others though

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear it and I love it , I've always had à thing for corset

1|2
    0|0
  • I like corsets. I never wore one yet, though. I didn't know about this trend.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just as for fashion uses? I honestly think its cute

1|0
    0|0
  • It's sexy, I just don't like the 2nd pic, and the last one is the best

1|0
    0|0
  • The last one isn't bad, but I think restrictions in the midsection is potentially dangerous.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, I could see myself in one. Not sure about the last one.

1|1
    0|0
  • Corsets are good. Reminds me of Victorian Era clothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like the 2nd one :) and the last one looks cute!

1|0
    0|0
  • Last one is nice... Makes the girl look hot

0|0
    1|1
  • I love my corsets and wore one last night

1|1
    0|0
  • me likeyyyy <3

1|1
    0|0
  • yummy