Girls, Gift Idea for my girlfriend. Can you help me see this from a woman's perspective?

My girlfriend and I are going to start working out together. She mentioned that she wanted to get a new outfit though. I had seen this outfit online and wanted to get it for her. I told her that I saw something that I thought she would like and could I surprise her with it. She agreed to let me get it if she could take it back if absolutely needed.

I got all her measurements from her other clothes, so I know that isn't and issue. But I want to make sure that she will love this as much as me, and want to wear of her own choice.

What questions do I ask her discreetly (or can you answer them for me) about:
a) what it will be like when she has starts sweating in it?
b) will the shorts bunch or ride up in certain places
c) how can I tell beforehand if this will look awkward on her because of the print?
d) [being respectful to her and her privacy] how can this outfit change based on body type/size?

What questions do you have that I should be asking myself or her?

If you have read this far, I appreciate you taking this seriously and trying to help me.

Girls, Gift Idea for my girlfriend. Can you help me see this from a woman's perspective?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you will not know until she has it honestly. workout outfits are made to absorb sweat. if she gains or loses weight well it's up to you on how you still see her. if you are not a fan of the outfit design and such, you can tell her (hopefully). honestly clothing wise I would much rather I try things on before my boyfriend buys it because I could always change my mind or not like the way something fits.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• 1) workout gear is designed to absorb and wick away sweat so that's no issue
    2) depends on her body type... I could wear those just casually but if it was for some serious sweat inducing exercise my ass would just eat them. Leggings would be a much more versatile option if you're wanting to work out
    3) it can definitely change depending on her shape, without knowing it can't give an answer. It's not a full pattern though so I can't see it being that different
    4) if she's smaller/bigger in certain areas it's going to be hard to gauge the right size. I don't buy my normal sizes in workout gear, i try a size either side of as I generally prefer to go a size smaller in pants and compression shirts and a size bigger in tops for yoga.

Honestly, best bet is to just buy it and if she isn't happy she can take it back. I really hope she's comfortable in her body as is though because that's a very revealing outfit to wear working out in public if you have a body goal you're not quite at yet

0|1
    0|0
    • I have been getting the "just buy it and give it to her" answer from a lot of people.

But thank you for be so generous and answering some of the questions for my own education. :)

• You're probably going to want to get her leggings (maybe ones that go to her calves) instead of shorts like that. She's going to be sweating either way if she's really working out and it's better to have clothing that hugs your extra weight in tight so that way you have more support when it's being moved around as you work out (jiggly calves from running, anyone? Not only can that hurt and make you uncomfortable, it's just makes a person feel more comfortable and confident when they're clothing slicks them down but is still high quality enough to be comfortable. I'd check out Victoria Secret leggings even though they run around $60). The sports bra is fine, as long as you know it'll support her breasts.

Otherwise, as long as it's a color you think she'd like, you're good.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for being kind and sharing all that info.

Is there a difference between leggings and yoga pants?

• Some places vary. If you go into a store and ask for work out leggings, form fitting - you'll get great workout pants. Yoga pants have too many variations, I think if you're looking for tight, fitting leggings that'll hold her tight as she works out but are still stretchy for working out (and also won't absorb sweat), you'll probably ask for work out leggings.

• You have been a big help. And very informative. Thank you.

• I opt for yoga pants/capris bc I wouldn't want my butt to swallow it lol, it should be good enough for sweat most workout material is moisture wicking sometimes it says it, like I said if she has a little butt then it could be some wedgies, just imagine her body type in it, and for the change if you seen her wear things before that were similar it should be fine or she'll just wear a shirt over it most likely, if you see her getting a little self conscious or gaining weight in certain places it can change the outfit a little

0|1
    0|0
    • Does it look good/stylish to wear yoga pants under the shorts? Is there some reason people do it that way?

• Show All
    • I just thought it was a fad or a trend to wear leggings under shorts. For some reason.
      s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...62e99a8317.jpg
      I know this is more fashion like but doesn't the same apply for workout clothes?

• Yea its dif, I guess it depends on the person just give it to her and see what she'll do with it

• the best thing to do is u take her to a mall or even online and pretend that u are looking for something for urself or a friend and " accidentally " go to sport section and observe the thing she like and the ones she hate
    Cause women vary in their taste aloooot and what may seem beautiful or even good on her from ur perspective she might not like ( you can also observe her clothes see the colors she prefers, her style, dose she wear shorts , is she comfortable showing certain areas of her body?)

0|1
    0|0
  • Take her shopping let her try on stuff and if it works for her, buy it. All of those factors will vary from woman to woman based on body shape and size. Just let her try it on to see if it works for her

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude just get her the thing and let her try it on and see if she likes it. Omg

5|0
    0|0
  • SpiderGwen work out gear? And just ask her these questions, only she knows what's perfect for her!

0|1
    0|0
  • Every body type is different. It looks like it wouldn't ride up. Looks comfortable but everyone is different.

0|1
    0|0
  • you're too worried about perfection. since she has the option of returning i'd just get it for her and see if she likes it.

0|0
    0|0
  • make sure she's comfortable working out in a sports bra

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes