Do your parents still try to tell you how to dress?

Do your parents still try to tell you how to dress?Yea i still live at home. So what. I have my own money, but if you offer to buy me something, fck i look like turning it down πŸ˜„ My mom is makin me so mad right now. Like she offered to take me shopping, but she's in the store getting mad at me because I won't let her pick out my clothes. The hell? Like I could've stayed at home in that case. Maybe I sound ungrateful... And yea maybe i need some styling tips... but ehh

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• thankfully not anymore lol they do tell me how to dress my kids though which is equally annoying

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes but only when I go shopping with my mom. she always says she won't interfere but then she does and critics my choices. I love her but she's too much some times

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! Thats what im dealing with right now. she's giving me the silent treatment

• Show All
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yup same here

• When i finally started dressin myself it was hilarious because the people at school was like "Dang Des!! Who wouldve known you actually had a body under those big clothes" lmao embarassing

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• My mother does indeed buy me clothes cause I look like I need more clothes or finds a reason to buy more clothes for me but my mother knows I like plaid, simple, red, blue, green, paisley, etc so I guess my mom has it easy finding clothes and etc for me but for the telling me how to dress I do listen to what she says for certain occasions I'd ask what she think is proper attire I suppose

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahhahah Poor you bubble butt. But at least you have mommy to give a helping hand. That's a nice warm feeling to remember, keep that memory

When I was younger my friends, we had a great group of friends, were like my family. We literally hung out with each other everyday, sleep overs non stop... Like a family... good times

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww that does sound like good times. And did you call me bubblebutt lmao

• Hahah I sure did call you that queenpuff
      --> it was nice, amazing times... But what really made it all possible was their parents were so cool. Good families, nice houses... fed us... and allowed to sleep over. One girl has a basement and we named it the community basement because we use to just come anytime and sleep over... without even really asking hahah. It was just hey we're here, and we're sleeping over now

• Lol sounds like the friends on That 70s show haha

• lol no not with me but she does sometimes with my sister. My sis is 19 yo and we live together and visit family like once or twice a week. Still my mom does this to her lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope but that kid is rocking that water melon outfit. I want one lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No, thankfully they've stopped doing that. But I still ask my sister for fashion advise though.

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom is not allowed to talk to me about clothes or dress me, she has some weird ideas about how I should dress.

1|0
    0|0
  • ykw actually am abit lucky in this particular area cauze my mum has a very high stylish sense and when shy buys me something its a very good one most of the times you know.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • my mum buys me shit some times but i never wear it out side only at home lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but here's the thing... she knows me well so I like the clothes she gets me lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha so lucky!! My mom is one of those who tries to follow the cool trends, but is always a step behind me πŸ˜‚

• she did for the longest time, but luckily not anymore. phew

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm going to a job interview, for instance, I usually ask my mother if I look alright for the occasion. But most of the time I'm dressed too casual for her to even have an opinion, or for me to need one.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea she's actually trying to dress me for a job interview πŸ˜‚

• Ha ha ha! Nothing wrong about that. She has more experience, so she can teach you a couple of things.

• Not nothing thats gonna get me a man πŸ˜‚

• Lol no never i only live at home on weekends but even when i was 12 i picked what i wore i think πŸ€”

1|0
    0|0
  • lol nope, I just get the money and buy whatever clothes

1|0
    0|0
  • they might suggest i change, but they don't actually tell me what to wear

1|0
    0|0
    • Well mine doesn't really critique my style. But she's always buying me clothes that are more "her taste" and then gets mad when i refuse to wear them

• Yea sometimes. Its like ma mama asks me to wear somethin of her choice. Juz a couple of times in a year 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • My fashion sense sucks... So yeah... My family members help me while choosing which dress to buy

1|0
    0|0
  • I get hints haha :D
    When you're color blind, you sometimes need it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in so many ways but if we are having a family get together over the holidays. She'll text or call me and still remind me to wear something nice for pictures haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they do not. My dad buys me clothes he likes to wear and I have liked about 25% of the clothes he's ever bought me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even when we're going out in public, my dad says I've overdressed myself with a nice long sleeved button down shirt and dark pants!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, my mother recognizes me as a man, and realizes that I gots my own style.. Lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much at all these days, although my dad dislikes how I wear pink! :-P

0|0
    0|0
    • My dad wore pink all the time when he met my mom and now, he says that others will think I'm gay because I wear pink a lot! He's got no room to talk!

• I mean i won't say that its gay, but i personally dont like pink on a guy. But rock what you want

• my mom always complains about my dress shirt saying its not ironed like it was ironed with a rock..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody tells me what to do in my life. fully independent!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao that pic

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha

1|0
    0|0
  • They stopped choosing my clothes long ago

1|0
    0|0
  • Um... no. I live on my own now. I'm a big boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • they used to but not anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• Lmao my mom did the same during shopping, when I was a teen and our shopping tour would end with us both being so pissed at each other and not speaking to each other
    Now it's actually fine, sometimes we will have a great day and sometimes it ends with her calling me stupid for not getting what she wanted me to get but we don't get into a big argument cause I just let her talk and then it's done

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha Not really... but sometimes they'll say if they like or dislike something... which is fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thankfully no. Cuz I am not a kid anymore. But honestly sometimes she does which is irritating

1|0
    0|0
  • I no longer live in my parents home, so when I visit that is when the madness starts. My mom will sneak clothing, that she has bought for me, into my closet. The sizes are always off and I love her for doing it, but I can rarely wear what she buys me. She does supply me with good gym clothes and new shoes. So there is that.

1|0
    0|0
  • To my mom i either dress like a hippie or a "punk star" (lol) or something both "punk hippie". She says i should dress more ladylike and not so "hard" but wtf ever. My body, my choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • When Im out shopping with my mom, yeah she kind of chooses what SHE likes. But my mom has BEAUTIFUL taste in clothes so I never complain. But her taste mostly consists of elegant clothes and well... I can't wear elegance to the gym lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do!!! OMG, I'm 18 and they still make sure I'm dressed warm before I leave the house. Like they get upset if I'm not wearing thermal leggings and a thermal top under my shirt lol... they grew up in the tropics so it's normal for them to feel the cold easily but they force it on me too :p

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes haha but it doesn't bother me.
    My parents want me to dress more or less modestly, so no short shorts or short skirts and dresses or bikinis or exposed cleavage.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes my mom will tell me to put on something my grandma bought me. Luckily, my grandma has good fashion sense.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they do. When I go shopping they go with me and when I try / want to buy something they doesn't like they don't let me buy it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Dang thats jacked up. At least im not alone

• Yes, that's pretty boring. Only advantage is that I do lot of economy with them.

• No but my mom sometimes buys me things she want me to wear.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, her style tips are basically "don't dress revealing because that's what sluts do" it triggers me

1|0
    0|0
    • Well my mom always tries to get me to dress more girly. I only dress girly on my own time. Let me be a tomboy if i wanna be

• Sometimes🀣but mostly nah unless I really have to look formal when we attend family gatherings and my mom doesn't like the clothes I picked

1|0
    0|0
  • Aww but I love watermelon and would happily wear that any day!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that ended when I become 4 ? But my mom had a good taste soo it was a pleasure doing business with her lol XD

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad gives his opinion but I basically get to wear whatever I want. That being said I dress relatively conservative

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, i would get lots of feedback if she thinks its too short or revealing tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol no, they live in a different country.
    I used to for my mum's opinion when I lived with her tho

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my mom STILL does. It never ends. We're never grownups in their eyes. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't like the clothes then don't go shopping on her dime.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... As long as I'm not dressed like a stripper they don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes my mom does

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad does

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sometimes. πŸ˜’

1|0
    0|0
  • Lmao yes.