Is a tattoo of a dog dumb?

I want to get a minimalistic tattoo of a dog, something a bit like this:Is a tattoo of a dog dumb?But I'm worried that some people will think it's cheesy or dumb :/ what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing about tattoos is you get them for yourself.. It does not matter what others think about it. All that matters is it has a meaning to you and its something that reflects who you are or who you want to become.. Its a very personal decision

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think anyone will think it's cheesy or dumb. If I saw a tattoo like that, I would just think it had some sort of meaning for you.

You should take it for a test run. Get some body spray paint, print it out and make a stencil, then try wearing it for a while. You'll soon find out how you feel about it =)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• I think it would look good. A good tattoo artist could knock that out in like a half hour.
    Just don't get it anywhere that normal clothes won't cover (if you are concerned about your boss giving you hell)
    As far as anyone else goes: pfft, who cares? It's not for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • tattoos aren't meant for other people. if it significant to you and appealing to you then who cares. I have a tattoo that people say looks like a barcode. little do they know that it's a traditional bamboo tattoo done by a monk (same monk that did celebrities like Angelina Jolie) that has importance to my cultural and me.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you have a story/purpose with it, you're fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • no its kinda fun, but make sure its got a meaning that you won't find retarded in 10 years and end up hating it haha

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're worried what people will think... don't get a tattoo.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not dumb but you can look for something more better.

0|1
    1|0
  • hey look if you like it go for it if you are that self conscious of it though get it on a place people can't see it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really , if it means something to you it would not be dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • Where are you thinking of getting it? Looks kinda dingo-ish...

0|0
    0|0
    • inside of my upper arm and yeah it wouldn't be exactly like that picture

• That sounds alright... I reckon an image, similar in style, of a wolf running...

• if the tattoo is exactly like in the above picture, then its not dumb, it looks good

0|0
    0|0
  • That particular tattoo Is not bad at all. Ones with too much detail can sometimes look cheesy

0|1
    0|0
  • well i guess it wold depends how it looks that one looks pretty good i guess

0|1
    1|0
  • why is it important what others thinks to your tattoo? if you are insecure better don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • I've Been thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog. so no I don't think its dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • no. but make sure it doesn't look dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like your dog , then have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Certainly unique!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it is. Go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Art is subjective. You do you.

0|0
    1|0
  • it does not look bad. it could look quite nice.

0|1
    1|0
  • dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • Not very

0|0
    0|0
  • Not dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't dumb.

0|0
    1|0
  • I like it but lots of people think more is better. they fail to appreciate minimalism and all its beauty

0|1
    0|0
  • im not giving you my opinion, you don't really take my advice

0|0
    2|1

What Girls Said 17

• If it means something to you, or even if you just find it pretty... do it.
    (Maybe draw it on yourself - the place where you want it - and wear it like that for a month - if you still love it as much do it-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, and all the down votes came from one pretty obvious place. Here's my advice... if you like it, and you want it, do it. It isn't at all what anybody else thinks of it, or it would be put on them instead of you. Tattoos can be symbolic, something that reminds you of something, or someone, or an event that was meaningful. They also don't have to have any meaning at all, and can be artwork just because.

Cheesy or dumb? Yeah, some people might think that. So what? If they don't like it, I recommend they don't get it too, and in all honesty they need to find more to occupy their time than worrying so much about your tattoo. Funny how people with tattoos don't judge those without nearly as much.

It's your skin. Do what you decide.

1|1
    0|0
  • You're worried about other people having an issue with what you brand onto YOUR body? The entire point of tattoos is to make a personal statement, and that you're making a decision for YOU, for YOUR happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. It's about what you like. If your worried about what others will think then maybe a tattoo isn't the best choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter what we think. You're the one who's gonna have it permanently marked on you for the rest of your life so if you're not certain I would wait until you are

0|0
    0|0
  • lol You want a tattoo but not for you but for the "people" ? In that case wait & think it over. That's for life...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not at all! I'm going to be getting one of my dog on my forearm. XD dogs are the best!

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it has some significance to you it's gucci.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like it then get it. It's on your body not anyone elses

0|0
    0|0
  • It is actually cute though

0|2
    2|0
  • I think that it's cute , you should get it

0|0
    1|0
  • I like it! But then I've got a lot of tattoos :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Aw look at the doggy! :P

I would suggest a different pose for the dog, though... this one looks like it's about to chase its tail. xD

• Show All
    • @dissolute_dog I like a cliff hanger! I feel like you can decide what the dog is looking at.

• But why?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. I think it's really simple and cute at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • It is super dumb. How can u fucking like dogs huh? Are u mad?
    You are a human be proud of that. Stop liking animals. And well even if u do that, don't take it to a ridiculous extreme by getting a tattoo done on an animal. Pls. Pls.

1|0
    1|2
    • what is this shit

• Show All
    • Okay. No hard feelings.

• No it's fine sorry

Recommended myTakes