What will happen to box dyed brown hair (6.3) when box dyed blonde (10) (without added bleach)?

• It will turn orange... most probably.
  • It will be a lighter brown.
  • It will be a darker blonde.
    Vote C
  • The roots will be blonder, the ends will be brown.
    Vote D
Sorry, I meant from 6.5 to 9.1 (specifically)!
* Did it yesterday, turned out pretty good. Thank you for the answers!

92

Most Helpful Girl

• it might not lighten at all or very little. even professional dyes can only lighten to about 3 shades only, on natural hair. if you're hair has been colored treated before, it might come out much different as well. unless you know what you're doing. don't go for box dyes die the big changes.. to go from a 6 to a 10, on chemically treated hair or natural, the lightest you'll go is a 9. the undertone will likely be more gold (orange) than the box initial color. so if you're trying to go for a matte tint, you might not get the result you expected from the box.

• has your hair been colored before? the numbers behind the period vary per brand..

• No problem. Would've elected your answer mho much sooner... but wasn't able to yet.