What will happen to box dyed brown hair (6.3) when box dyed blonde (10) (without added bleach)?

What will happen to box dyed brown hair (6.3) when box dyed blonde (10) (without added bleach)?

• It will turn orange... most probably.
    Vote A
  • It will be a lighter brown.
    Vote B
  • It will be a darker blonde.
    Vote C
  • The roots will be blonder, the ends will be brown.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Sorry, I meant from 6.5 to 9.1 (specifically)!
* Did it yesterday, turned out pretty good. Thank you for the answers!

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• it might not lighten at all or very little. even professional dyes can only lighten to about 3 shades only, on natural hair. if you're hair has been colored treated before, it might come out much different as well. unless you know what you're doing. don't go for box dyes die the big changes.. to go from a 6 to a 10, on chemically treated hair or natural, the lightest you'll go is a 9. the undertone will likely be more gold (orange) than the box initial color. so if you're trying to go for a matte tint, you might not get the result you expected from the box.

0|0
    0|0
    • has your hair been colored before? the numbers behind the period vary per brand..

• Show All
    • No problem. Would've elected your answer mho much sooner... but wasn't able to yet.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I would say you'd get a light brown color or dark blonde color.

0|0
    0|0
  • It will probably look like shit cuz you dye it too much

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• orangey light brown

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done this to both my and my sister's hair (we used L'Oréal Féria in absolute platinum since we have dark brown hair). It lightened really well but it was pretty brassy. We bought some toner in ash blonde and applied that to achieve the blonde color we wanted

0|0
    0|0
  • It'll most likely be a lighter brown. The only way it would turn orange is if you put bleach in your hair. To get your hair to a lighter color such as blonde with boxed hair dye, you'll most likely need to use a bleach or some form of hair lightener. A less concentrated hair bleach is always an option. Still damaging though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm thinking it won't end well. You are going to have to double process it. You may want to be safe and just go to a salon. I'd hate to see you fry your hair. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • It will just stay brown if you don't put the bleach on i think

0|0
    0|0
  • It will turn orange. I know because when I was in high school I tried this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your roots that have no color on them will turn an orange most likely, and even though the color says blonde on the box, there's no way you can get your brown hair to that shade with one session of coloring. It would take lots of bleach and toning to get it to a level 9 or 10 blonde, and even after that your hair will be so damaged I think you'd be better off leaving it brown! The best thing in my opinion if you want to be blonde but you're brunette is to go to a salon and do it in sessions. It might take a few months to get to where you want to be but it will save you in the end as boxed color isn't a good choice for lightening your hair especially.

0|0
    0|0
  • just bad things

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes