How often do you derive a great feeling from the clothes you're wearing?

I'm not putting this in "Fashion & Beauty" because it might get biased answers. I want less biased results.
  • at least every couple days
    Vote A
  • at least weekly
    Vote B
  • at least every couple weeks
    Vote C
  • at least monthly
    Vote D
  • at least every few months
    Vote E
  • less than every few months, but more than once a year
    Vote F
  • less than once a year
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Have I ever derived a great feeling from the clothes I wore?
    I don't think so. While I'm aware of my looks and I try to appear not too shabby or out of place, and there are certain pieces that I like better than others, most of my clothes are still just serving the purpose of covering my body, mostly while I do things that I just want to get over with.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenever I WANT a great feeling -- which is most, but not all, of the time -- my outfits *absolutely* confer the foundation of that feeling. Oh fuck yeah they do.

More generally --
    Whatever mood I'm in -- and, more importantly, whatever mood I feel like projecting -- I (almost subconsciously) dress in concert with that mood.
    I have...
    ..."I feel like hell and just want to bum around the house today" outfits;
    ..."I'm sharper, more professional, more articulate, and just plain BETTER than you" outfits;
    ..."mom outfits" that fit well enough to show I'm a WOMAN, but are modest and tasteful enough to show I'm a *classy* woman;
    ... trashy slut outfits, for the man who's *owned* my heart, soul, and sexuality for more than seventeen years;
    ... etc.

Also, I remember *exactly* what I was wearing for all of the most intense moments of my life -- the happiest, the saddest, the angriest, the most desperate, the most satisfied, the big turning points and learning moments... **everything**. And just seeing those clothes in my closets or drawers -- even if they're things I no longer wear, and haven't in years -- is a trip back through my past, and a nice blast of self-awareness.

__

This sort of thing is often derided as a "girl thing", but... hell no. What's on the outside DOES count, and DOES influence not only others' perception of you, but also yr OWN perception of YOURSELF.
    It's just like how raising yr arms over yr head (in a "victory celebration" kind of gesture) will *actually* make you feel more confident (try it!)... except with clothes this is even MORE effective, because, unlike a gesture that you only hold for a minute or less, you're wearing yr clothes all day long.

There's a LOT of potential for influence here -- both over others, and over yrself. Don't waste it.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I like my style for the most part, but I think it's more due to me liking my health that the clothes shape to

0|0
    0|0
  • When ever I can find a reason to wear a tailored suit... amount once a month, maybe a bit less.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not actually sure what you are talking about

1|1
    0|0
  • never im ugly in all my clothing 😢😱😨😰

0|1
    0|0
  • my outfits are always lit and fresh

0|1
    0|0
  • hun, you're on an opinion site... all answers are biased, lol

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• How about every single day? If I want to feel intelligent and professional, I'll wear a pencil skirt and blazer. If I want to feel attractive, I'll wear something fitted that outlines my curves. If I want to feel artistic, I'll wear something ridiculous that I spent a lot of time making (I see clothing). If I want to feel comfortable, I'll put on a breathable garment that won't tug, pinch, pull, or move around. Everything in my closet is something I get a great feeling from when I wear because I only buy or make clothing that will make me feel the way I want to feel when I put it on in the morning

The real question is "How often do I not get a great feeling from the clothing I wear?" In the last six months, I can only distinctly remember two days that my outfit negatively affected me. One was at work a couple of days ago because I tried a new pair of pants out for the first time and they made me feel a little sloppy, and the other was an outfit I wore going out to a club that made me feel fat

I consider deciding what outfit to wear to be the most important thing about my morning next to eating breakfast because I perform better at work when I feel better about myself, and I always feel better about myself when my outfit is boosting my self-esteem. I also come across better to patients when I look put together because they often don't think I'm qualified to do my job due to how young I look (I'm one of the most capable people at work, so I have to make up for my age and look the part). We also work off a commission structure, and I've noticed I sell more and make more commission on the days I dress stylishly and professionally

They've done studies that show teens who wear nice clothing to school on test days perform better on tests than if they wear their normal clothes. I think this translates to everyday life

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what you mean by less biased results, but I often get great feeling depending on what I'm wearing. If I wear something cute I'll feel more feminine, if I wear more sexy/sporty I will feel more confident because I'm showing my curves. When I feel lazy I'll just dress casually and that's how I feel.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't feel good when I wear pretty clothes - I got a gorgeous hair cut last week and even though I look better now - I don't feel better - I forget what I look like as soon as I stop staring at myself in the mirror.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever I wear clothes that seems hella fashionable to me. You know, since clothes are like our second identity.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably once a week, I'm not crazy about fashion, I'm more about comfort but every now and then I'll surprise myself and make a little extra effort.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really understand your question... You mean like when I think I look good in my clothes? If it's that it's everyday (I'm not going out in clothes I don't like)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll have to say, I'm a bit biased, however when it comes to clothing what makes me feel good is bright colors, however, I'm mostly in dark clothing. I feel bright colors are worth it. They kind of give the sunshine in my day, so that's like mint green, bright oranges and yellows, sometimes red. Red I think is that feel sexy kind of color, yet at the same time I'd like to feel bubbly.
    Not too often do I derive a great feeling from the choice of clothes I wear, however, if I could wipe out my dark wardrobe and fill it with color, I would in a heartbeat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont quite understand the question. Are u asking how often I feel good when I wear certain clothes?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm really into being stylish and making a statement with my look. It makes a difference how other people treat you, even though that's not fair, it's the truth. I like to stand out in a pretty way. Fabricwise, I try to wear the most comfortable things I can find and still look good so I can not feel stiff and confined. You'd be surprised how many colors I can get away with wearing, how striking they look with my haircolor. It used to be you weren't "supposed" to wear this or that color with red hair but all that has changed:)

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever i get reaaaaalllly dressed up. Especially when i wear jewelry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Quite often since all of them are really nice and stylish

0|0
    0|0
  • I get a great feeling from the clothes I wear quite often, as I wear nice outfits most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel good about what I wear until I look at my face.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I wear uniform to school everyday sooo not tht often anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear clothes that don't make me feel good.

2|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I'm wearing new clothing I feel sexy in.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least weekly

0|0
    0|0
  • or lack of even :P
    very XD hahaa

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes