How often do you derive a great feeling from the clothes you're wearing?

I'm not putting this in "Fashion & Beauty" because it might get biased answers. I want less biased results.
  • at least every couple days
  • at least weekly
  • at least every couple weeks
    Vote C
  • at least monthly
    Vote D
  • at least every few months
    Vote E
  • less than every few months, but more than once a year
    Vote F
  • less than once a year
    Vote G

197

Most Helpful Guy

• Have I ever derived a great feeling from the clothes I wore?
    I don't think so. While I'm aware of my looks and I try to appear not too shabby or out of place, and there are certain pieces that I like better than others, most of my clothes are still just serving the purpose of covering my body, mostly while I do things that I just want to get over with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenever I WANT a great feeling -- which is most, but not all, of the time -- my outfits *absolutely* confer the foundation of that feeling. Oh fuck yeah they do.

More generally --
    Whatever mood I'm in -- and, more importantly, whatever mood I feel like projecting -- I (almost subconsciously) dress in concert with that mood.
    I have...
    ..."I feel like hell and just want to bum around the house today" outfits;
    ..."I'm sharper, more professional, more articulate, and just plain BETTER than you" outfits;
    ..."mom outfits" that fit well enough to show I'm a WOMAN, but are modest and tasteful enough to show I'm a *classy* woman;
    ... trashy slut outfits, for the man who's *owned* my heart, soul, and sexuality for more than seventeen years;
    ... etc.

Also, I remember *exactly* what I was wearing for all of the most intense moments of my life -- the happiest, the saddest, the angriest, the most desperate, the most satisfied, the big turning points and learning moments... **everything**. And just seeing those clothes in my closets or drawers -- even if they're things I no longer wear, and haven't in years -- is a trip back through my past, and a nice blast of self-awareness.

__

This sort of thing is often derided as a "girl thing", but... hell no. What's on the outside DOES count, and DOES influence not only others' perception of you, but also yr OWN perception of YOURSELF.
    It's just like how raising yr arms over yr head (in a "victory celebration" kind of gesture) will *actually* make you feel more confident (try it!)... except with clothes this is even MORE effective, because, unlike a gesture that you only hold for a minute or less, you're wearing yr clothes all day long.

There's a LOT of potential for influence here -- both over others, and over yrself. Don't waste it.