How do I stop feeling like other people are better than me?

I have confidence up until I'm faced with someone better - I'm not too bad looking to be honest, 5'7, size 8, but every girl l I know has bigger boobs, a bigger butt, a smaller waist, a prettier face... I've tried makeup and sometimes it works (can't figure out my eyebrows though) but i still just feel inferior and I don't want to anymore, I just want to know how stop feeling like this...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well i can see your a pretty girl but thats not important. here's what is, think about what happens you think about how other girls might look better than you. Nothing. Nothing fucking happens and nothing fucking changes. Self comparison is a losing battle. All you can really do is look yourself, which means taking care of your health, dressing well, getting a nice hair cut, etc. Work on making yourself become better and compare yourself only to who you were in the past. you can't change others but you can change yourself. whether you think you are better or worse than other girls, you lose. its a mind trap that needs to be escaped.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• People will look at you with the same eyes you have for others. People will look at you and say god I wish I had her ____ or _____. Everyone is different and unique and there's beauty in everyone. I think confidence comes with age and you become more comfortable in your own skin with age! So give yourself time and learn to find something in yourself that you do love about yourself and focus on that and appreciate that every day. When you're happy with that then move onto another thing and another and so on :)

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• From a relationship coaching and emotional intelligence perspective, there are only a few things that we can do to stop feeling 'less than'. There are three reasons why we generally have confidence issues and you have already laid out one of them:

1) We compare ourselves to others
    2) We pay attention to the judgments that others have placed on us
    3) We feel the need to be a complete or perfect person

You will not find your confidence until you stop comparing yourself to others and you no longer feel the need to be a perfect person. Of course, you must also stop paying attention to the judgments of others. I know this is easy for me to lay out but it's true. A couple other things:

1) Ask yourself why someone with bigger boobs or a smaller waist makes you feel inferior. Is it because of what they have or what you perceive that they will get (the guy) based on what they have?
    2) Ask yourself what you would describe about yourself if you were writing an online dating profile and you were trying to impress the readers. What do you have that they would like? A lot, right? What stops you from focusing on that reality instead of what other girls have?

1|0
    0|0
  • fast forward few years ul know by urself that the positioning of the parts one your body is not much of a thing to worry... I won't argue that inner beauty is what that matters and blabla... think of an asteroid falling on your town with all those girls u compare urself and u among them... the asteroid wudnt care about the size of Ur breasts...😂

1|0
    0|0
  • ... Women and their looks... Why are women so obsessed with appearance.

Listen, women prime from 14 to like 24 and they start to lose it sometimes as young as 22. Now that you know this do yourself a favor and quit being so shallow and thinking about your looks.

Learn the cook, mechanics, bowl, or some hobby. Do something useful with yourself and build your self value.

0|0
    1|0
    • I wouldn't consider myself shallow actually, the reason i didn't mention anything other than looks is because I see myself pretty great in other aspects - I learnt to cook at the age of 8 as my mum worked/works nights, I've been offered 4 place: to do psychology in different universities, and I have plenty of hobbies - I have other interests, but this question was about looks, thanks😊

• Go look in a mirror every day. Look at yourself. Tell yourself out loud that you are fine as you are. Tell yourself big boobs, big bums, smaller waists etc are NOT everything. These people that you THINK are better might well be thinking the same about you! They really are no better than you. Different, yes, but certainly no better!

1|0
    0|0
  • You have everything anyone could want. Your beautiful and zyou have a hot body. zAny bigger boobs and they look slutty. You are lucky to be on the top shelf and you will be able to choose any guy you want. So STOP knocking yourself. No-one is comparing you except you. YOU ARE A DOLL

1|0
    0|0
  • you can't stop even if you want to, as for the reason.
    its because, your own feelings had already build-ed a barrier for that, so unless you can break that barrier, you won't be able stop this kind of feeling.
    after all i'm also in this kind of situation, yet i'm unable to stop it, because i'm inferior in compare to others, unless i can find something that makes me special it will be hard to suppress this feeling.
    but in your case, just try thinking differently rather then comparing.

1|0
    0|0
  • What I have to say May not be for you but god made you the way he thought you should be so your prefict. On the other hand no one is better than the other we all look at some one and think we'll the have it together and hot but we all have problems that we hide

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay compare yourself to me,.. Trust me I am a total looser and you will feel better

1|0
    0|0
  • Live in the sewer, fight crime and eat pizza!😂 you just need to try and love what you have. So what you smaller boobs than the girls you know. Yours will be perky longer than theirs when they get older haha. Think lile that I guess!

1|0
    0|0
  • You have confidence up until yo faced with someone better - you're not too bad looking to be honest, 5'7, size 8 feet? but every girl l you know has bigger boobs, a bigger butt, a smaller waist, a prettier face... you've tried makeup and sometimes it works (can't figure out my eyebrows though) but i still just feel inferior and I don't want to anymore, you just want to know how stop feeling like this...

Please feel free to private message me so it can be just between us

0|0
    0|0
  • Every girl has different things that make them different and unique like the size of their breast, butt, even figure. Just be comfortable in your own skin and love yourself for who you are cause you are unique.

1|0
    0|0
  • by making yourself more better than others just do the best you can always be the best version of you so you never feel low & be positive about yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • For starters :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdZmLh0IcAEvdaY.jpg

And then if you want it in music form (seriously listen to it):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnmo1hrMuxQ

0|0
    0|0
  • One day you will find someone who will make you feel better than everyone else, personally I think you are beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • love your body for what you have other girls look at you and think the same. Alos hit the gym and get a booty ik you would love to have a good one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Many men love small breasts, I being one of them. Your smile and genuine love for all is reflective of the real you. Treat others the way you wanted to be treated and be the best you you can be. God will reward you with His best.
    Psalm 139:13-15 Amplified Bible (AMP)
    For You formed my innermost parts;
    You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb.
    14. I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Wonderful are Your works,
    And my soul knows it very well.
    15. My frame was not hidden from You,
    When I was being formed in secret,
    And intricately and skillfully formed [as if embroidered with many colors] in the depths of the earth.

1|1
    1|0
  • In my very professional opinion you really shouldn't worry about it because you're attractive af

1|0
    0|0
  • Been there. I thought I was unattractive at your age and for some years after. Now I look back and see a pretty good looking guy. My wife felt the same way through her 20's. She was very shy. Now I look back at pictures of her and see an very attractive young woman. When she joined Facebook she immediately got friend requests from all the smart popular guys in her high school class, so they thought she was pretty special too.

So what you are feeling is pretty normal. The girls you think are more attractive than you are looking at you and thinking you are more attractive than they are. They are thinking "Wow, I wish I had her blond hair and blue eyes and perfect fair complexion." I see a beautiful young woman who doesn't need makeup at all, just a bit of confidence. The guys around you are almost certainly feeling they same way, but they are shy too and think "She's out of my league."

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey dont feel low on yourself
    you look adorable the way you are ❤❤

1|0
    0|0
  • They must feel the same seeing you love yourself first

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Work on yourself and STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS! That is the recipe for happiness. Look at your own life, not at other's lives. I sometimes compare myself to others, as soon as I catch myself I stop... because you'll always find someone with something better than you, but you'll rarely notice someone who has something worse/less attractive than you... Simply train yoirself to slowly stop doing it... Will power.

1|0
    0|0
  • we can always improve ourselves but don't forget that it's not just about looks, focus on what you want to achieve in the world and be in the right place at the right time.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, I should've mentioned in the question that I do see myself as pretty great in other aspects such as intelligence and skills, this was really just about how to accept myself for the way I look - thank you though, what you said is very true😊

• Stop comparing yourself to others. That's the problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just stop focusing on others and focus on yourself instead. It'll make you much happier since they'll be no room for comparisons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hun, you wanna know a secret? We all feel like shit. And envy is a natural feeling that'll never leave, but the trick is not letting it get the best of you. Remember, there's tight pussy and there's loose pussy. We like it tight, but rather a sexy confident loosy than a wedged up tightly. The girls who stand out are the ones who got them positive vibes, which ain't always easy to achieve. Hell, I fake it all the time. Just be chill and open to people's ideas. That'll make you 20X better than most, Hun. I had a girlfriend who was pretty average looking back now, but what had me chasing her at the time was her aura and freakiness. Strut it girl. Beauty ain't a thang 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • At the end of the day, a man (and I am sorry if I am speaking for all of you), generally wants a good woman with spunk about her.

You will never be the best looking girl or the smartest, or the richest. There will always be someone better than you. Unfortunately that is life.

You can get sick worrying or you can give yourself a whole new identity - such as ethereal beauty (you have a very magical face.

I take inspiration from Rupaul (yes, a drag queen) and I try to be as polished and as perfect as I can yet be cultured, spunky, funny and sassy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Replace mind set with self appreciation instead.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Oh I'm the bestlooking girl", "oh no, I lost my confidence because I saw someone who was prettier than me, I am not good enough then" This is why my fellow women kinda disgust me at times, always feel like competing to look the best and being vain. Women cannot be better than other women just because their appearance might be more favourable than others. You should embrace your look and work more on your confidence and persoanlity rather than just focusing on your look.

1|0
    1|0
    • I never ever said I want to be better than others, I said I want to stop feeling like other people are better. I don't hate other women for being better than me, and I don't want to be better than them, I just want to overcome my feelings of inferiority.

• I don't know but I would like to know

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes