If you're completely against plastic surgery please explain why?

I've always been a little confused about why so many people are against plastic surgery. There are so many other ways that we change our appearance, such as getting braces, dying hair etc., and I just don't see why so many people are against plastic surgery but not other cosmetic changes. In my opinion, if someone has an insecurity that they want to and can afford to safely change, there shouldn't be a problem or debate.

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart from the fact that anything artificial becomes a part of your body leads to side effects, its better to avoid surgery for cosmetic reasons. One should learn to be confident the way they are and not get compliments because you underwent a surgery.

Most Helpful Girl

• If plastic surgery is being used for medical reasons or birth defects I'm fine with it. Or even reconstructing breasts for people after mastectomies is fine with me. But when we get into people wanting surgery so they don't look like their mother anymore or because they want to be a human doll, we have problems.

Those people need *therapy*. They are ill. No amount of nipping and tucking Is going to fix their problems. So saying anyone should get whatever they want can be a dangerous hill to stand on.

• So someone needs therapy because they were born with a huge nose that doesn't flatter their face that they would like to change? Can't see how that's any different than someone being born with crooked teeth getting braces, or someone with frizzy hair straightening it

• Not necessarily, many people get braces purely for aesthetic reasons.

• Having misaligned teeth affects your bite which causes TMJ and ETD. That's not cosmetic.