How can I deal with my ugliness?

I am almost 18 so I don't think I'll change much in the future. I find myself extremely ugly, especially when I smile. Then my face looks extremely deformed and my chin looks ugly and weird and my nose drops and I just can't deal with it anymore, but I have no money to change anything on me. I can't accept how I look because all I see when I stand in front of a mirror is just one huge disappointment because my parents are really pretty and have almost ideal faces, and then there's me with my ugly head and deformed smile. I'd post a photo but I'm a bit afraid because it's public.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to learn your good side every one has one. People whose face isn't perfect when taking their picture always choose a side which makes them look better. What your face can't achieve maybe your body can so join a gym or do exercise. if you feel sexy you will be sexy as conference is sexy. Maybe some of the things are out of context but I hope you get the point

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely feel you, girly! There will be times where we're brought down by our appearances, but we need to learn how to admire other's beauty without questioning our own. You have qualities that your parents and friends may not have and they embrace you for it.
    Think about a time where you've felt really good about yourself. Did you accomplish a goal or encounter something that brightened your outlook on life? Bring those memories back and encourage yourself to keep making positive progress! Start embracing yourself from the inside out and you'll find that appearances take a backseat compared to your amazing qualities! Good luck!

1|2
    0|0
    • Thank you for this very kind comment ☺

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Your mirrors are broken. You are most probably fine. We ALL have features we THINK are bad, but really, they aren't.

2|0
    0|0
  • What was that statistic? We view ourselves as 40% less attractive than we are to other people on average.

0|0
    0|0
  • calm down bruh

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know accept it

0|0
    0|0
  • Pics?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most probably, it's just a mental fabrication and you look average, if not above average.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you know people always look at us completely different to what we do? I bet you're not ugly. Post a pic for a short while and I'm sure you'll get compliments

1|0
    0|0
    • This is so true.
      One of my friends is a photographer and told me the same thing. She also said that there are moments where a person looks absolutely breathtaking, and a good majority of those moments are missed--kind of like how a butterfly can't see it's own wings. I spent middle school thinking/"knowing" that I was hella-ugly, and by the end of high school accepted that I looked average/kind of plain. A few months into college (where I met my friend), she showed me a few pictures that she took of me, some that I've never seen, many that I never even knew that she had her camera out or facing me. And they. Were. Stunning. All untouched. She uses me a lot for her projects (she's a film major) and I never knew why because I thought that I looked boring (and there's sooo many others that would love to be in her work) but apparently, I'm not too awful.

• @thesongwentonforever So true! I used to think I was ugly and now I'm surprised by how much interest I've had from girls. I think also being confident helps attract people to us

• I bet you look fine, sometimes people are their own worst critic

3|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Your being way to critical on yourself, and you'll find as you get older your face will get more defined, also don't stress about your looks everyone's beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about the vibe you put out. If you feel pretty me confident, you will be pretty and confident and others will think the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • without a photo extremely difficult to comment other beauty is not just physical appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • I will believe it when i see it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes