Guys, what is the ABSOLUTE one thing a girl needs to be considered "datable material"?

Also explain why you chose your answer if you can :)
  • Curves/thick body
    Vote A
  • Skinny body
    Vote B
  • Makeup
    Vote C
  • Long hair (heard this one matters?)
    Vote D
  • Popularity
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Eyes and a Good heart. looks curves hair n all matter for some who wants a temporary thing. for a permanent thing guys look for the Small things. like how she mingles, how she reacts, how she talks.. etc

1|0
    0|0
    • So basically how she socializes with others? What if she has something like social anxiety where it's hard to? Not saying I do, but just a suggestion to your answer

• Show All
    • oh i see

• This is what i feel.. not an expert😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 58

• None of these matter. So-long as the girl isn't morbidly obese and has a kind personality, she's girlfriend material in my book.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wish you would have replaced popularity with other.. I would choose other. Interest and enthusiasm are the most important things to me. A lot can be built from a positive attitude.

1|0
    0|0
  • Overall every single one of these contributes to if I like a girl or not, she just has to not be overweight, not an eye sore, healthy, good hygiene, and not a total bitch that spreads rumors and shit (no drama queens). Most girls are this way but just one of the biggest deal breakers for me is when a girl spreads rumors and lies about other people or thinks she is better than someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oohhh I see. What do you mean by "not an eye sore"?

• Show All
    • cool

• There is no "one singular thing" that makes it so. If I were to sum it down, perhaps "there's something more to her" would be a good start. Of course physical appearance is used as the immediate way of attraction, but that alone does not signify their worth, if their personality doesn't follow suit.

0|1
    0|0
  • None! its their eyes that matter! Not their body/hair/structure

2|0
    0|0
    • Aahhh I see

• Show All
    • That means u have beautiful eyes!!!

• Ukraine people are good in boxing/wrestling I guess

• Modesty, Honesty, Integrity, Personality. I'm not that interested in a girls looks. I need to know that I can count on her when I need to.

0|2
    0|1
  • she should share my love for anal. Apart from that, as long as she isn't obese. I prefer skinny girls, but I'll happily date a girl on the chubby side who likes anal over a 'bombshell' hottie who doesn't.

0|1
    0|1
  • Intelligence. I can probably negotiate virtually everything else, but I am not bothering with an idiot.

0|1
    0|1
  • 1. Pretty face.
    2. Fit body (toned but not overly muscular).
    3. Long hair or medium haircut.
    4. Natural beauty (no makeup or just a little bit of face powder or concealer).
    5. Self-confidence.

0|0
    0|1
  • None of these are necessary. Emotionally healthy guys are attracted to emotionally healthy girls.

0|1
    0|1
  • What? Voted for B? But none of these are most important.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personality, but based on your poll, I would say curves... unless by curves you mean "fat". If that's the case, then I go with skinny.

0|0
    0|0
    • no i dont mean "fat" for "curves. i mean not just a board-like body where its just straight and skinny. i mean curvy waist/hips

• Show All
    • yah i know. it can also mean a girl who has an "hourglass" body. cuz hour glasses are curvy and boards are straight

• True. Hourglass bodies are my favorite... and it tends to be most men's preference too, though we're also attracted to straight bodies.

• A brain. The ability and desire to NOT behave like an air-head, her own opinions and an open mind to discussions.

1|0
    0|0
  • None of the above.
    She needs to be smart, ambitious, and a good person

0|2
    0|0
  • A and D for me xD as it was my SO who taught me how to braid lol cause I wanted to impress my niece's. And she is fit now ever since I steered her towards improving her diet and has gained back her normal weight. As well accomplished her goal how much she can carry on her back. (Ugh not exactly very happy about the goal. xD) But it was to be able to pick me up and give me piggyback rides.

Plus guys like girls who have at least some meat on her. As I'd probably be hesitating to a level that would be visibly noticeable if my SO was skinny. Plus curves and a healthy fit thick body also is more likely to be able to handle carrying a child.

0|0
    0|1
  • Popularity is totally irrelevant.

I would not date a woman with short hair. It has to be at least shoulder length.

0|0
    0|0
  • There simply isn't just one thing that makes one datable.

Physically, abs of finely-tempered steel would be a good start. But that really is just that; a start.

Past that, they would need to have an interesting and inspiring personality, and be independent. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Independence means you have the *ability* to fight your own battles, not that you absolutely *have* to.
    In short, a good mix of intelligence, health/strength, resolve, and humour is what makes someone datable, in my opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • popularity is irrelevant. While appearance matters, her personality needs to be good too.

0|2
    0|0
  • All i want is a girl who is loyal, can cook a mean dinner and has a fat ass. If i can have her, ill give her everything

0|0
    0|0
  • that she actually wants a relationship and has goals, followed by not being a landwhale, then having long hair

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes