What are your thoughts about modesty?

I dress very modest. I always wear jeans, and I don't reveal too much.
I do wear leggings too, but I always cover the front and back of myself.
I don't even wear shorts anymore because I feel like I get the attention I don't want.
I get the right attention when I see somebody attractive staring at me. I like that attention!
I also wear tank tops, but it's more like a halter top.

I used to be somehow obsessed with wearing crop tops and high waisted shorts. Don't ask why. I went through this weird phase to where I liked to wear revealing stuff. I had a friend who exposes a lot to where it made me uncomfortable in public for some reason. She always pressed her boobs in together, and I don't know why.. I'm not insecure with my body because I'm happy with what I have. I just wear modest clothing because I'm comfortable in what I wear.

3|2

Most Helpful Guy

• My thoughts on it are PLEASE BE MORE MODEST LADIES. I live in orange county and all the girls here wear micro shorts and small tank tops when it is not freezing. Whish is almost all the time.
    I love seeing a woman in modest clothing. That attracts me so much more than some cleavage that every one gets to see. Like you said it is not the right attention they get.
    Personally I don't like jeans. I never liked them and I hate wearing them. I also don't like seeing them on girls. Probably cause that is also what almost all the girls here wear.
    My favorite thing on a modes girl is a skirt. If a girl is wearing a skirt here. She will definitly stand out in a crowd. When I see a woman in a skirt. I know that she thinks highly enough of herself that she can wear that even though it is different and she knows she will get good attention without showing skin.

1|0
    0|0
    • I grew up in OC. Half of those girls just came back from the beach. OC is almost all beach attire. That's why it's so expensive to live there. The weather is a luxury to wear that type of clothing. You're 26.. not 40... relax man. Enjoy the view.

• @Chico_brah hey cool someone from CA. Actually I live in the part that is not near the beach. YEt the girls still dress like that. Well the view is kind of like eating chocolate cake every day. Eventually you kind of get sick and you start to value modesty in women who is strong enough to be different.

Most Helpful Girl

• You do you. If you feel comfortable that way then that's the only think that matters. Tbh this site is full of guys who say "girls are boring if they don't show their bodies" blah blah blah. They're jerks and are wrong. I actually have a lot of respect for you for doing that. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Don't follow mainstream bs. Its not worth it. And plus, if you do start showing off your body, you'll attract the wrong guys, trust me lol. You'll find the right guy who doesn't care about what you show or don't show. Some of the opinions on here are ridiculous smh

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Men respect women who dress modestly because this shows that they respect themselves and show some dignity. Women who dress sexy , trigger sexual thoughts in men because men is more visually attracted to a girls body. Men who fall for sexy women tend to use the women sexually rather than love them for who they are. Sexy clothes can trigger lustful thoughts in men. But decent guys want to avoid these thoughts and want women to exercise virtue and wear modest clothes that don't present strong temptations. Men consider women who dress sexy as sex objects. Such men want a woman's body for pleasure as they will consider these women sexually loose. Women don't have to dress sexy to get a good man. They don't have to show thir body to meet a good guy. Women need to find love not for their good looks alone but for what they are inside. They need to find love from a sincere , pure , virtuous men who is confident , disciplined and committed to the relationship. Men who lust for sexy girls will usually have no self control and will not be the one with high standards. Women should concentrate on keeping a good mind , body and soul. Their integrity , personality and character is more important. Women who dress modestly show that they are pure of heart , has reverence for her body , and her immortal soul. It shows their thoughtfulness , inner sense and high self esteem. It shows that they have a desire to save themselves for a future spouse. Modesty is beautiful because men benefit from their modesty in terms of thoughts , words and actions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ur post is the definition of the dream girl for many guys :)
    We want a woman who believe in herself and don't hunt using her looks only

Yes we like pretty but smart is sexy 2 and kind , caring , sweat , honest.
    Today standards are damaged coz of media brainwashing not coz of the guys or the girls :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like you're just trying to dress modest just to gain approval and not because you actually are modest.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like a little bit of modesty and I just find it more classy. Leaves something to the imagination too which is good

2|0
    0|0
  • I like modest clothing, even if your not trying to look sexy it still is attractive, the fact you don't have to flaunt short shorts or tight pants is mature.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish more girls were like you. I can't begin to tell you how many asses in leggings I've looked at. The girls that cover their ass leave a little to the imagination at least.

2|0
    0|0
  • Boring. If you have a body then show it off. This is obviously circumstantially dependent on the occasion as well. I don't want my girlfriend looking sexually suggestive when she is with my parents. For the most part, any other occasion I love it when she looks like that. She has a nice body and knows how to dress. You can pull off sexy with class as well. Almost of her shit is designer clothing lol. Guys look at her. They can't have her. She's all mine boyos. Look but don't touch.

For me? I like to wear a hoodie sometimes because I don't like the attention all the time. Had some dude shout steroids across the room before last semester lmao. Having said that, this is circumstantially dependent as well. Sometimes I really like to show off. I know how to dress and I know what works with my physique. I don't work this hard for my body to hide it in baggy ass clothes all the time. That's dumb af.

0|1
    1|0
  • There's nothing modest about me. I have the physical appearance, height, tan, big penis and money so why not flaunt it if I have it?

0|1
    2|0
  • I respect women who dress modest more than women who dress revealing.

1|0
    0|0
  • It honestly depends of the environment, workplace, school, bar, club, strip club.

1|0
    1|0
  • I'm quite modest, and I appreciate that quality in others.

0|1
    0|0
  • This. The kinda girl I can respect.

2|1
    0|0
  • Modesty all the way brah🤙

2|1
    0|0
  • modesty is highly overrated

0|2
    2|0
  • Nothing.. Its your style.

0|0
    1|0
  • Do what you please, who are we to tell you what to wear.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• That's what I do too...
    And the attention you get will be more honest than the one you'd get if you were walking around half naked...

0|0
    0|0
  • How you choose to dress and what you choose to reveal should be your decision. No one should make any assumptions about your sexual availability based on what you wear.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think modest girls are admirable. I dress fairly modest myself. I'll dress revealing in front of my SO, but ONLY my SO. I hate wearing V-Necks and and short shorts in front of people I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats wonderful.

I like to wear modest clothing as well. Dont let anyone tell you that modest isn't sexy because it can be. I want to get attention for the right things and leave ALOOOT to the imagination.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dress somewhat modestly myself. A lot of the skirts and dresses I wear go down to my knees or calves. I have a rule for myself that I only expose one section of my body at a time, either my legs, my cleavage, or my midriff. I live by the beach and a lot of that goes out the window once summertime comes along, though lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Modesty is something that not too many people have now a days so I think it's great that you dress modestly :) plus comfort is the main thing of course!

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate the idea of modesty. I like revealing clothing because I love my body and the clothing it's just I don't like when people stare especially grown men, I look 12 so it's worse. Whatever people are comfortable with is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always dressed conservatively and always will. I have no interest in attracting the attention of men. I already have a great one that accepts me for who I am. It's a blessing (no i'm not religious haha)

0|0
    0|0
  • You're doing things right! Modesty is kind of rare these days so it will make you stand out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your choice.
    If that's what you're comfortable with, that's cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do you !

0|0
    0|0
  • I like modesty

0|1
    0|0
  • I like modesty. I dress modestly as well. I believe it's more respectable for women to do so. I'm more comfortable, and I lessen catcalls, and etc by dressing modestly.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're comfortable with the way you dress yourself why are you talking about "your friend" almost as if you wanted us to bash her + why are you even asking what do we think if you claim to be comfortable and secure?

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes