Why is activewear worn as casual clothing by girls all the time?

Call me old fashioned, but casual dress for girls used to be jeans, khakis, skirts, and sometimes plain black leggings.

Now yoga pants, leggings with crazy designs, and pajama pants are the typical dress fashion, I see girls wear these at work places too and it annoys me!

If your not working out it looks dumb, and like you were too lazy to pick something nice out to wear.

I get they are comfortable and for home or working out I see no problem with them, but look at yourself in the mirror and realize guys are going to stare are your ass even more than before, and you won't be taken seriously dressed like that if your at work.

If guys wore sweatpants all the time or basketball shorts wouldn't that look stupid when other clothing looks so much better on them?

I guess what im also getting at is I find this style unattractive and miss the days girls looked nice in other clothing and I hope this trend ends and Schools and workplaces ban them being worn.
Jeans are my favorite because you have casual jeans and dress jeans so they do go with any style or wherever you go, even work.
Updates:
Girls let's hear more feedback!
There are Men's activewear jeans, regular jeans that are made to run in and more flexible, they should make them for women and those would look great! www.betabrand.com/...tretch-ready-denim-jeans.html
Bump
Bump

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• im fine with it, as long as it's not what they're sleeping in. pajamas are not to be worn in public. that's not what they're meant for

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Well I am old fashioned here as well. I see what you are saying but at the end of the day , everyone is gonna do what ever they please.

I had a friend who said I was weird and abnormal for wearing bell buttom jeans. I told her am never changing for anyone. Everyone is free to make a choice and then pay for the consequences of their choices.

0|1
    0|0
    • I know people can wear what they like, but there are some trends that should never start, and most don't last long. Activewear is meant for working out, it was never made for casual wear. It's like the pajama trend that literally looked like you rolled out of bed and forgot to get dressed 😄. Also consider that meggings (men leggings) exist, so if girls want to show their assests guys can flaunt their junk.

• Show All
    • @Asker, wow, i hear about that brand. I wish had a pair now :p :)

• They are comfortable, affordable, and great quality and look great.

• I don't even know what activewear is.
    *googles it*
    Isn't that supposed to be for running/gym? I wouldn't wear that crap anywhere else.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah that's it! Like I said the thought of wearing it for every occasion is just, weird. Girls have let themselves go I thought they were into fashion and style not wearing the same thing all the time 😕

• 0|0
    0|1
    • I will play your move with this s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c9a447a89f.jpg

• Show All
    • @Asker, true

• Oh so now it's I want girls to wear what I want to I want girls to like what I wear. Got it.

• Lmao I agree with you
    All these fake girls in yoga panic just bc it makes their asses look good
    Like geez what happened to actual clothes

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm so glad to hear you say this

• Show All
    • I wouldn't say girls shouldn't wear it because of their body, it's just the purpose of them was never for style and should remain that way even if you put fancy patterns on them lol. Jeans are the most versatile clothing for casual or dress.

• Well, yeah, I mean I agree with that you that they should only be worn to places where they're inteded for like the gym.

• I know most places have a dresscode for work, and a lot of guys do wear sweatpants, shorts, and loungewear like that too. I don't know ab the pajamas that's too tacky

0|0
    0|0
    • And like you said its comfortable and effortless when we're on the run to no where special. I don't care ab it like that, its more for the feel when I do wear them

• What do you think about guys that wear sweatpants?

• @Ali55sven its loungewear nothing wrong if they don't wear it 24/7

• I actually think this is a step up from what lazy people used to wear leaving the house which was more that dumpy stuff you only wear around the house. At least this has some sort of style to it and can look really cute. I still hate that some women can't so much as be bothered to put on 'real clothes' in the same way I hate guys who show up to formal events in jeans and tennis shoes, but given what they used to slack and wear, I'll take the workout clothes if I have to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing looks better then sweatpants (and the like silky workout pants... love them too) or basketball shorts on guys...

0|1
    0|0
    • They are baggy though, jeans fit better and you don't like men in suit pants?

• Show All
    • very nice <3

• 😊 glad you like it

• Because it's comfortable, figure flattering and not yours to decide.

1|0
    1|0
    • Would you wear it if someone said it looks ugly, mainly a guy you like?

• Show All
    • I have no problem with men in leggings or yoga pants. It is no bother to me if the shape of his bulge is somewhat visible. It's not a distraction.

What Guys Said 4

• I cannot agree with how you posted this, using terms like 'dumb' and 'Too Lazy'.
    Adult women have EVERY RIGHT to wear what they find comfortable, and they are NOT DRESSING FOR YOU!!!
    I do have an issue, with some of the very young teen girls, wearing some of these clothes, that are VERY tight, VERY revealing!!
    If I was their father, I would NEVER allow them to wear things that as so tight that they wear thongs! There is NO LEGITIMATE reason, for a young lady, under 18, to EVER wear a thong, or really tight, leggings that show off her body!!
    Aren't there enough pedophiles out there? As Fathers, Men, do you really want your young daughters wearing things that just encourage pedophiles, and child abusers?

3|0
    0|0
    • I never said girls are dumb, only wearing the wrong clothing looks dumb, workout clothing if your not working out makes no sense. If a girl walks outside in pajamas she looks lazy, like she doesn't care what she looks like, and that says a lot about a person by the way they dress, if she is too lazy to pick out a nice outfit what else doesn't she do (dirty house, doesn't cook, unprofessional at work), these all come to mind.

There is a solution to end this! There are Men's activewear jeans, regular jeans that are made to run in and more flexible, yet aren't too tight and look good, they should make them for women! www.betabrand.com/...tretch-ready-denim-jeans.html

• Who cares they, they can wear whatever fuck they want. Personally i don't mind girls who wear leggings or whatever. They don't need to impress every person they see. I sometimes wear some nice silky sport sweatpants myself. Because i do a lot of sport and sometimes when I'm out with my mate. We need to run, a lot. I do have a lot of nice jeans, but i just can't be bothered wearing it.

0|0
    1|0
  • I love girls in leggings. Keep doing that. Until you look nice (colors match etc) I will take you seriously.

0|1
    0|0
  • I disagree, I like it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes