Why are people so interested in touching black hair? And for non-blacks, what did it feel like for the first time touching it?

This question is mainly focused on natural hair, but even when mine was relaxed, people always wanted to touch it, from my closest friends (who I didn't mind) to this guy who I hated (which I fid mind, very much).
I like my hair, but have been used to black hair, and wonder why people want to touch it so much.

1011

Most Helpful Girl

• I think maybe it's because it's so different than our hair (I'd think maybe you'd find it happening less with people who are non-black but who also have naturally really curly hair?).
    I'm Caucasian with naturally blonde, wavy hair and when I went to Haiti all the children wanted to touch my hair because it's something they never really got to see, it was something new and exciting.
    New things are fascinating, including hair texture and whatnot. The texture is often more coarse, and just curls in general are a fun idea for people who don't have it (in my opinion). Not sure if this really answered your question or not, but it was interesting to think about :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE