Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states?

I moved to California about 2 years ago from Japan where I had been living since I was little. In Japan they have a different style of dress and what some girls wear. I actually started modeling for a Lolita Fashion line when I was around 13, and that became the primary way I dressed (I'll show some pics of outfits I own and wear a lot) (not me in the pics btw). I actually tend to love wearing these kinds of things at school and normally during the day. Though I do have other clothes I wear that are not lolita style and are ones I got in California. (I'll also post pics of some that look like clothes I own)
I really like girly clothes like cute dresses and short skirts. And I love girly colors. I actually tend to look on the young size as I'm almost 18 and look very young. I'm not dressing so people thinkI'm a kid, I've heard that a lot in California from people. That's not what I want to be seen as when I dress like this, I just like the sweet innocent look that I have when dresses like this. I guess my question is do I need to stop wearing the lolita clothes and just stick with skirts and stuff I get in California or should I keep dressing like I want to?
Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??Is it exceptable to dress like this now that I live in the United states??

1010

Most Helpful Guy

• dress however you want to, it shouldn't matter what others think. I wouldn't wear them to an interview or a formal setting, but for casual they are totally ok.

• I actually already have a job anyway working at a daycare with kids and they actually tend to like when I dress like that. They think I look like a life sized doll

• Yeah I always wear them if I'm at work, I just feel more comfortable n them and it's easier then risking accidentally flashing someone

• yep so true

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should wear what makes you comfortable.
    Since you been wearing this style since you were 13 years old. You could try to make it work without you looking so young.
    The hairstyle could be less childish, the dresses could be more simple and you could add a nice purse and nice heels to make you look grown, less make up...

The Japanese Lolita fashion style is super exaggerated, it could be hard to make it work with different pieces of clothing, it could look very bad mixed with other stuff.
    So if you feel like you can't really match the Lolita clothes with other pieces of clothing, just keep wearing it in your own time.
    If you know you going somewhere where you need to look a little bit more grown buy some occasional clothing so you can have a little bit of everything.
    Good Luck