Makeup -- how has it affected your life?

Has it given you confidence?

Makeup -- how has it affected your life?
Guys, ever let your girlfriend/wife do yours for fun?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously, by my picture you can tell I enjoy it. However, 9/10 I am NOT wearing makeup like this.

My boyfriend and I talked about this, this weekend, while I was wearing this look. He likes it, but he prefers my natural face. We talked about it and he even told me, that while he prefers me none, he likes that I express myself and would never tell me I couldn't wear my makeup a certain way. Because I'm an individual and he is attracted to me beneath it all. That's how it should be in my opinion.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Make-up has never been an integral part of my life. Growing up, I have seen my mom, she never used make-up (except lipstick). All of my childhood crushes & classmates never used make-up. Girls around me don't use it that much either. I like the things as they are.

After joining G@G, I noticed a great enthusiasm of girls towards make-up. Some do it to go 9 from a 3 while some do it just for passion. They say, they don't do it for guys, but for themselves. This is an utterly ill-founded statement. If nobody is there to see you, why would you apply make-up? You don't do it for guys, you do it for yourself? If you do it for guys, it that case, you would STILL be doing this for YOURSELF as it will be YOU who will be appreciated for your beauty. If you do it to make other girls jealous, this will be the most pathetic use of it.

Consequently, I started disliking the girls who use make-up. I found that girls use it as a deception and adding insult to the injury, they don't even agree. I know it can make them feel confident, just like having an exotic car would work for me, but at least accept it.

But then again, when I come back to the real life, I start liking it again as the women here are honest and use it minimally (unlike the girls of G@G and their surroundings). We are straight forwarded. Yes, girls use it here, they want to attract men, take it, drink it in. We don't lie. We don't need to. And we are proud of our beauty. That's what I like about the girls of my country. They use it to ENHANCE their beauty and are not defensive about it.

Make-up as an art like war-paint or tribal is fascinating. It is meaningful and shows different cultures around the world.

I like this girl, THIS is what we call art :- https://www.instagram.com/laurajenkinson/

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• I like makeup. I enjoy trying out different products and techniques to get different looks but makeup in and of itself has not given me confidence. I feel just as confident without makeup as I do when I'm wearing it. I view makeup more as just a fun outlet for personal expression.

0|1
    0|0
  • It didn't really affect me, I love make up, but I use it because I just like using it, but without a reason, not to brag about myself, but I find my self good looking even without... but using makeup and being creative with it relaxes me :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Make up is an art and a method of creative let out. I dont usually wear make up. Maybe a little mascara most days. My skin is very sensitive so i almost never wear foundation. I like experimenting with eye make up for fun

0|1
    0|0
  • The makeup means a lot in my life. I can't even go out without them. I feel uncomfortable and disgusting when I don't use. Sometimes I put makeup on myself even, when I'm at home, because I hate myself without eyeliner or foundation. Yes, it has given a little confidence.

0|1
    0|0
    • It seems like it has decreased your confidence. If you didn't know what you looked like with makeup on, then you probably wouldn't feel so bad about your face without it

• @mistixs yes, you are right.

• I rarely use make up. I only use it when I'm going on a date or out drinking. When I do use it I only use mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. So it hasn't really affected my life

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm good with makeup and without it but yes it has boosted my confidence on the outside meaning I do feel more good with my appearance but i keep it natural so I don't look have to look dramatically different without makeup.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Not everyday b/c I don't use a lot to change my face.
    It's a fun hobby, and the result is a different look that sometimes Does increase confidence.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't use makeup except kohl and lip balm on special occasions.
    All other makeup products - foundation, lipstick, mascara etc etc - I don't like how they feel on my face

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't wear it, since it's something like a mask for me. I don't enjoy the feeling of it, also, when you want to touch your face, cry or rub your eyes... you can't. I find it annoying

1|1
    1|0
  • I love makeup. It adds a little when it's needed and can add much more too. You can feel like a new you at times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only really use make up when I'm going out but on a regular basis, not really. Even when I put on makeup, it's mainly just foundation and concealer to hide away the redness.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can now walk past a mirror and not puke, so that's nice. I'm surprised how much eye liner can change my face

1|1
    0|0
  • I find makeup is another way to express myself creatively. I like doing bold eyeshadow looks

1|1
    0|0
  • it don't, I don't wear it generally. People think I'm pretty without make up so I don't feel the need to wear it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only wear eyeliner, my fiance don't want me to wear anything else. He says it takes away my natural beauty

0|1
    0|0
  • I wear it most of the time. Mostly natural colors so it's elegant not trashy. It's sick how most people like you more when you wear makeup (if you are good at doing it)... even family. Also people at work. Looking good gets you more respect and a lot more attention.
    But I actually started doing it every day at the age of 16 cause my life became shitty and I was super depressed and weird, I couldn't even talk to anyone cause I didn't want to break down in front of people. So girls from school were all like wow you look so pretty today... and I would say thank you and walk away haha. People somehow think good-looking people must be happy and self-confident. Also it was relaxing to do it as it was almost the only thing I could focus on doing.
    On the other hand, I became obsessed with it, and it takes me a long time to get ready for anything now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use BB cream it makes me feel better about my appearance but it feels annoying.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never use make up... I like going natural 😆 I even use natural remedies to look good lolz

0|1
    0|0
  • Helped me get a couple dates XD... With, like, perverts. So now I don't overdo it with makeup

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was younger I saw makeup as this precious little thing. I loved all the colors and glitter, esp. if it was in pretty pink packaging. Whenever I got my hands on a makeup product, my reaction was this.
    media.giphy.com/media/bMLGNRoAy0Yko/giphy.gif
    I was very young, I liked it because it was fun to play with, not because I wanted to change how I look.
    I still love makeup now with the exception of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and eye pencil. With most of the eye makeup excluded, you can say that my style is natural. Makeup has affected my life in a way. I guess it has brought me to the idea that taking care of your appearance is both fun and important. When I wear it, I feel that I have an extra something. I feel more put together and presentable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 5

• I'll occasionally wear some eyeliner and mascara (even blush at some point) if I want to present myself in a particularly lordly manner.
    If I wish to present myself in an intimidating manner, I will wear full makeup (it is warpaint, after all).
    Regardless, I just do it for fun.

1|1
    0|0
  • It hasn't effected me much. I've worn it and I've seen people wear it. I don't like it, because I think natural always look better.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has make me wonder how many points do I have to take off a woman when they wear makeup.

0|1
    1|0
  • It hasn't

0|1
    0|0
  • I do put a little bb cream ( hardly visible) whenever I am going out. It helps a bit in socializing and at work as it does gives you a confidence boost

Note: No homo shit tho makeup has nothing to do with sexuality.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes