Makeup -- how has it affected your life?

Has it given you confidence?

Guys, ever let your girlfriend/wife do yours for fun?

296

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously, by my picture you can tell I enjoy it. However, 9/10 I am NOT wearing makeup like this.

My boyfriend and I talked about this, this weekend, while I was wearing this look. He likes it, but he prefers my natural face. We talked about it and he even told me, that while he prefers me none, he likes that I express myself and would never tell me I couldn't wear my makeup a certain way. Because I'm an individual and he is attracted to me beneath it all. That's how it should be in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Make-up has never been an integral part of my life. Growing up, I have seen my mom, she never used make-up (except lipstick). All of my childhood crushes & classmates never used make-up. Girls around me don't use it that much either. I like the things as they are.

After joining G@G, I noticed a great enthusiasm of girls towards make-up. Some do it to go 9 from a 3 while some do it just for passion. They say, they don't do it for guys, but for themselves. This is an utterly ill-founded statement. If nobody is there to see you, why would you apply make-up? You don't do it for guys, you do it for yourself? If you do it for guys, it that case, you would STILL be doing this for YOURSELF as it will be YOU who will be appreciated for your beauty. If you do it to make other girls jealous, this will be the most pathetic use of it.

Consequently, I started disliking the girls who use make-up. I found that girls use it as a deception and adding insult to the injury, they don't even agree. I know it can make them feel confident, just like having an exotic car would work for me, but at least accept it.

But then again, when I come back to the real life, I start liking it again as the women here are honest and use it minimally (unlike the girls of G@G and their surroundings). We are straight forwarded. Yes, girls use it here, they want to attract men, take it, drink it in. We don't lie. We don't need to. And we are proud of our beauty. That's what I like about the girls of my country. They use it to ENHANCE their beauty and are not defensive about it.

Make-up as an art like war-paint or tribal is fascinating. It is meaningful and shows different cultures around the world.

I like this girl, THIS is what we call art :- https://www.instagram.com/laurajenkinson/