How to accept that I'm not a pretty girl?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You may not be pretty in most people's eyes but if you take good care of yourself, have a good personality and dress nicely you can make up for your lack of looks. Accentuate what you do have, focus on your positives and be true to yourself. Knowing who you are and what you live for go along way to developing self-confidence. Self-confidence is sexy to most people. I'd rather be with a cute/plain girl than a hottie any day of the week if she share similar interests and values. Connection is the biggest key to attracting a mate; appearances aren't everything. As I say "If the heart and head aren't right, the rest doesn't matter." It truly is what's on the inside that matters most. Just don't go expecting Mr. Hot bod to throw himself at you. You may have to be forward and do more asking than other girls. Not a bad thing as you actively choose who to date as opposed to most who wait to be chosen.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Just know that although you can't change your looks, you aren't ugly. No one has the same preferences or tastes and someone will always find you attractive.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I find it's best to not focus upon what we don't have, but rather upon what we do have. Find your strengths and capitalize on them. Most girls can grow long hair. Grow the prettiest hair you can grow, and be proud of it. Anyone can develop a beautiful personality. Learn your style and how to present yourself well. You may have other strengths, but without knowing you, I'll leave it up to you. Just remember - start with what you have and build upon it. And don't get discouraged. Best wishes!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think more than often it's mental. I don't believe that garbage saying that everyone is beautiful. There are some ugly looking people out there but most of the time it's their fault. If you want to accept that you're ugly and lay back and cry about it then go ahead. Or, you could take a big step in your life and try anew hair style, get some new cloths, go get your makeup done and ask questions about what would work well for your facial features and I'm sure you'd be surprised on what you see.

1|0
    0|0
  • Focus on your good qualities. Accept that it's impossible to have everything. You may not have been given the looks, but you sure have other great qualities. Focus on that, and realize that don't determine if someone is better than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty will get you a first date... that's it. sexy (which lies between your ears and has nothing to do with looks or clothing) will get you another half dozen dates. after that you better have a personality or forget it

0|0
    0|0
  • Well all you do is look your best. I wouldn't say do your best to look as good as you can by working out, sleeping well, dressing well and just focus on looking the best you can. Look up beauty videos on YouTube and start improving. Don't worry about the other girls and just focus on you becoming the best you.

0|0
    0|0
  • "just do it" if you don't think your pretty not much anyone else can do about it if you yourself don't think you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • acceptance is easy to do. but knowing it and having it in your brain all the time is the problem. I have to think back about negative feels I always used to keep them away so.. I can't help you but tell you acceptance won't be the hardest goal

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter if you are pretty or not. you just need to have the guts to own it and have an attitude about it. don't let anyone wear you down because of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to. You are most probably way prettier than you think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly anyone can look good if they put effort into their looks, also beauty comes from confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter how pretty or hot you are, there is always someone else prettier or hotter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, dear. Keep that in mind. Stay healthy, work hard, love yourself, and you are going to be attracting people!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 25 and a virgin. I still can't accept being an ugly incel. So I don't know the answer to this question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Grow a personality and get skills

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares

0|1
    0|0
  • By being a part of ma life 💝

0|0
    0|0
  • Just accept it. Not everyone can be pretty

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• My fiance always says true beauty shines through people's personalities. It is more important to be a kind, caring person. Looks are way too over rated. Beauty can be found in anything if you look hard enough, there will be some guy out there who will love and adore you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Accept that looks aren't everything even though most people treat them like they are. Understand that you're far more than your physical appearance. Work on your personality, advance your knowledge on certain subjects. Improve your social skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you not feel pretty because of your face, figure, or something overall? I'm not trying to be mean just trying to help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody isn't beautiful in their own unique way

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes