Why do people hate emos?

A lot of emos get hate... People are saying how they cut themselves (which isn't true in every case) And that all emos are attention seeking. Why dont preppy people get that kind of hate? They look pretty attention seeking in their skimpy outfits.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i can't say why they do but i have talked to people who are like this and while i dnt really get the entire culture of an emo the life style look like an interesting way ti be outside of the occasional cutting or something.

i know people stero type them all the time which i never understood seeing each person is there own individual and there not following some kind of crowd though i guess it would look like they do with how simaler they look in style but it goes deeper than that for most.

i even dated an emo girl once it was one of the better relationships though i look nothing like what you think a girl would goo for who is emo or even goth. lol and yes they were my age and not some kid like most people think the age group tends to stick to. lol which is another stereo type.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't hate emos, I have a lot of Freund's that are "emo". I hate a lot of emos because they are pretentious and are always complaining about how bad they are treated and how they are nicer then everyone... I also hate a lot of more "preppy" kids for that same reason.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• preppy people do get that kind of hate by other fashion groups. it's all a bunch fashions groups hating on each other. I personally like chicks from both groups and or breaking them into another fashion subclass and watching their horizons expand with new clothes. sexiness.

plus emos get hate from their demeanor, look at how some of them act. just as preppy are asshole dicks and stuckup bitchs.

it's all about how you present yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Emo's are descended from subcultures I was part of growing up, so I naturally like them lol. Probably more than I should, I think in practice a lot are morons.

Now i'd be this dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmg8ghXhAt8

I actually have a teen daughter who mopes around the house, but to her mother and my disappointment has yet to wear all black and listen to better music.

1|1
    0|0
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLJtvvHowQ

first guy i feel just a little sorry for. he's just walking around and kids start harassing him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody likes self loathing, yea everyone has problems and issues in life but pushing them onto other people in terms of a fashion statement or attitude against the world isn't the answer.

You're free to do as you wish, but people are also free to believe as they wish so if you're gonna put something out into the world you're gonna have to be prepared to have the rest of the world critique it and that goes for any choices including preppy people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate emos. A lot of my friends are emo, and they're very sweet people.
    However, I would wager other people hate emos because they're too often just so edgy, depressing, dramatic, etc.
    I'm not emo, but I am a card-carrying goth.

0|0
    0|0
  • I spoke to my mum and both sets of grandparents about this sort of thing. Not emo in particular, but how young people follow trends because it appears to be the trendy thing to do. Their opinion was that it has always gone on.

There were hippies in the 60's. Mods and rockers, I think. Lots of other trends that elude me.

Why are they hated? Simply because other people don't agree with the look or don't understand. It's always been like that. It isn't just emo! It's everything that is different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Life is unfair. Get accustomed to that concept.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because emos hate themselves.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I think being "emo" is a phase and I do think they do that cutting stuff for attention to show how "suicidal" they are. I'm not saying they don't feel depressed but it's annoying how they talk 24/7 how they want to kill themselves. If they have so many issues upon themselves, have they ever thought about talking to a psychologist?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of movies where you see that emos are strange

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not hate emos. I have no reason to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not hate emos

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate them, but most of them have a negative outlook on life. I have emo-tendencies myself. I can't even deal with myself sometimes. And I get why people don't bother to deal with emo people too. People like positive things, me included. Therefore i get why people wouldn't hang too much around them, and I don't do it myself becuase I already ave to much negativity around me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe I'm just talking bullshit now, but I just don't want to get too close to emos. Srry

• anyone who puts themselves into these little "subcultures" is fucking stupid.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes