Why do people hate emos?

A lot of emos get hate... People are saying how they cut themselves (which isn't true in every case) And that all emos are attention seeking. Why dont preppy people get that kind of hate? They look pretty attention seeking in their skimpy outfits.

89

Most Helpful Guy

• i can't say why they do but i have talked to people who are like this and while i dnt really get the entire culture of an emo the life style look like an interesting way ti be outside of the occasional cutting or something.

i know people stero type them all the time which i never understood seeing each person is there own individual and there not following some kind of crowd though i guess it would look like they do with how simaler they look in style but it goes deeper than that for most.

i even dated an emo girl once it was one of the better relationships though i look nothing like what you think a girl would goo for who is emo or even goth. lol and yes they were my age and not some kid like most people think the age group tends to stick to. lol which is another stereo type.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't hate emos, I have a lot of Freund's that are "emo". I hate a lot of emos because they are pretentious and are always complaining about how bad they are treated and how they are nicer then everyone... I also hate a lot of more "preppy" kids for that same reason.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE