Outfit ideas for a funeral event?

Pictures would be helpful

74

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Black is common in Western religion funerals; white is actually more common in Eastern religion funerals (or neutral gray for men). Whatever you wear, it should be modest; a funeral is a respectful event for the person who passed, a last showing of respect for them is something the surviving relatives will notice. Although no one would probably say anything either way, it'd be a faux pas socially to do anything other than conservative.

• Last one I went to there was a guy wearing a hockey jersey and sweatpants, you could do that
    He was also wearing a ballcap (which he did not remove).

• Play the favorite songs of the people who died.
    RIP

What Girls Said 6

• sorry i kno im in the minority here but i just dont think it has to be all black at all.. looking at these pics i kno i dont have clothes like that and i dont really want clothes like that lol.. here's a pic of me at a funral it looks just fine. actually. im wearing a grey skirt and a pinkish red top and i think

https://i.imgur.com/0x3HJsQ.jpg

• Def something black. I made the mistake once of wearing a bright blue dress to a funeral. I was for sure the odd one out.

• Bright red dress. :D
    Jk try a black modest dress

• Anything black and neutral I guess

• I have a funeral event as well. Sorry for your loss. Usually black is good