How did the idea of wearing green on Saint Patrick's Day get started?

I don't know how the idea of wearing green for March 17th's Saint Patrick's Day got started nor why it is held on this date.

Also would like to know how pinching for lack of wearing green became an idea. It doesn't make any sense to me. Please help me understand it better.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No idea but I didn't wear green today anyways

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure because there's no Saint Patrick's Day where I live. What I do know is that he was a Christian missionary who played a great role in the conversion of Ireland to Christianity during the 5th century. I've seen many times Ireland being associated with the green color. Maybe this is why.

0|0
    0|0
    • @matheus_mb
      Thanks. Can you tell me how you got your avatar/profile picture longer vertically? I can't find any way to expand it.

• I did nothing, it was taken vertically already and GaG just accepted the resolution. I actually think that it's up to the resolution. You should try to edit it on a software like Photoshop or similar, I think that it may work.

• @matheus_mb
      I guess so. It is no big deal. All my pictures are from my photobucket and taken by webcam on a free phone. So I guess I have to deal with it being that size.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Wearing of the green. On St Patrick's Day it is customary to wear shamrocks and/or green clothing or accessories (the "wearing of the green"). St Patrick is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish

0|0
    0|0
  • I really have no idea but the green colour has been associated with this holiday for some time

0|0
    0|0
  • blue was the original color..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes