How on earth do you do your own makeup?

I'm totally useless at doing my own makeup. I've bought a few proper brushes but I don't know what any of them are actually for. I have a big event coming up and my makeup help has cancelled. I'm useless at contouring and eye makeup. Any tips would help a lot, I really want to learn how to do this on my own

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• YouTube?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything I've learned on makeup application came from youtube. Wayne Goss is a makeup artist I adore. Then there are youtube "stars" like Jonysios, Denitslava Makeup, Alissa Ashley, NikkieTutorials - just a few with different styles. I pick and choose from each of them then settle with what works for me. As with anything, it's all about practice. And it doesn't matter if you get your products at Sephora or Wal Mart. Yes, expensive might make a difference but it just depends on what works for you. For example, I personally love NYX, E. L. F. and Maybelline. Then again, Huda Beauty lashes are a dream and I'll never go back to drugstore lashes again. $20 lashes that can only be used once or twice!
    The last piece of advice I can give is to blend, blend and blend some more. I suggest a kabuki brush for this when contouring and an eyeshadow blending brush for eyeshadow.
    I could go on about makeup lol

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 13

• I really great at makeup and I get complimented on it all the time. I learned how to put on my makeup by watching YouTube videos

3|0
    0|0
  • I get good at it after many " trials and errors." However, I don't wear makeup much so technically, I am bad at it. I can't do the eyeliners. So my best friend does it for me.

2|0
    0|0
  • LOL, I was the same. Just watch a bunch of makeup tutorials, and practice. LOTS OF PRACTICE. You're only new and you want to contour? Baby steps hun, baby steps. Take it slow, and at your leisure. Make up is supposed to be fun, so go at it slowly. I still consider myself new, all i do is use concealer for any imperfections on my face and then I just do a wing liner, smack on some mascara and lipstick. It takes money to do more so I'm taking it slow as well xd

0|0
    0|0
  • I just use a little mascara and pencil. Nothing else. Sometimes I use a red or burgundy lipstick. When I do, I don't use eye-pencil only mascara.

0|0
    0|0
  • I found that watching youtube tutorials can be an amazing help!

1|0
    0|0
  • make up is pretty easy. What products and brushes do you have?

0|0
    0|0
    • Most of my things are mac

• ya but like what products? Foundation, blush, bronzer, what eyeshadows, concealer, highlighter, setting powder, eyeliner, mascara, falsies?

• Girl, a few YouTube videos could help you. You can do it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

0|0
    0|0
  • Focus on simple/easy to use items. For eye makeup, a bronze cream eyeshadow would look really nice, it's easy to apply and long lasting (I would suggest maybelline color tattoo in the shade Bad to the Bronze) simple mascara, and I would suggest a BB cream instead of foundation (easier to apply and look natural and undetectable) if you need more coverage, apply concealer to the spots you need it by putting a little on the tip of your finger and dabbing it on the spots. If you need anything else, just ask. There are also plenty of really good tutorials on YouTube.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear makeup! I love myself the way I am. You should too!

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be careful and don't use to much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go on YouTube hahah

1|0
    0|0
  • One word: YouTube! The possibilities are endless.

0|0
    0|0
  • PINTEREST

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes