How on earth do you do your own makeup?

I'm totally useless at doing my own makeup. I've bought a few proper brushes but I don't know what any of them are actually for. I have a big event coming up and my makeup help has cancelled. I'm useless at contouring and eye makeup. Any tips would help a lot, I really want to learn how to do this on my own

141

Most Helpful Guy

• YouTube?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything I've learned on makeup application came from youtube. Wayne Goss is a makeup artist I adore. Then there are youtube "stars" like Jonysios, Denitslava Makeup, Alissa Ashley, NikkieTutorials - just a few with different styles. I pick and choose from each of them then settle with what works for me. As with anything, it's all about practice. And it doesn't matter if you get your products at Sephora or Wal Mart. Yes, expensive might make a difference but it just depends on what works for you. For example, I personally love NYX, E. L. F. and Maybelline. Then again, Huda Beauty lashes are a dream and I'll never go back to drugstore lashes again. $20 lashes that can only be used once or twice!
    The last piece of advice I can give is to blend, blend and blend some more. I suggest a kabuki brush for this when contouring and an eyeshadow blending brush for eyeshadow.
    I could go on about makeup lol

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE