I look like a lesbian?

So this has been a struggle for about... three years or so. I'm fourteen, almost fifteen, now, so obviously this started early on.

People have always asked for my pronouns assuming I'm trans or gay, and I've only had girls have crushs on me. this thing is, I'm straight. I've had various crushes on guys and don't feel attracted to girls in that way.

I have nothing against anyone regarding their sexual identity or orientation, but I prefer not being mistaken for a lesbian. while I'm of course flattered, I don't want to put out lesbian vibes to guys I may find attractive.

I refuse to wear crop tops or anything like that, tight clothes don't look that great on my and my boobs already spill out of my clothes. I dress for comfort now, I don't necessarily care about what I wear as long as it's comfy as I have to work all day. i also don't wear makeup cause it causes me to break out. still, withoutut drastically changed my routine, what can I do to look less gay?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, lezbians don't look like anything, there is a funny joke of what lezbians look like, but if people not on the internet thing your a lezbian, idunno, maby you give that sorta vibe.

• I don't know how tho! I just wear t-shirts and jeans, occasionally some sweatpants. I didn't chop off my hair or anything, so I don't know why people would think that automatically

• tried that once, they just shrugged. real descriptive huh? 😂

• Fuck, well then I can't help ye.

Most Helpful Girl

• as a gay girl I can honestly tell you the only reason I would assume a girl is gay just from looking is if she is wearing plaid, combat boots, a beanie even though it is warm/indoors, has her hair dyed funky colours/has short hair, and has an abundance of tattoos. And 9 times out of 10 I would need to see a combo of those things not just one. So if you aren't doing any of that then you probably don't look like a lesbian... oh and snapbacks/dressing pretty butch.

• the most I do is the plaid and combat boots, and that's mostly when it's cold anyways. normally it's just a t-shirt and jeans

• ya just loving cats on it's own isn't really a good indicator. I dunno girl... people are weird.

• yeah, I don't get it. figured I'd ask to see if anyone could figure anything out 😂