I look like a lesbian?

So this has been a struggle for about... three years or so. I'm fourteen, almost fifteen, now, so obviously this started early on.

People have always asked for my pronouns assuming I'm trans or gay, and I've only had girls have crushs on me. this thing is, I'm straight. I've had various crushes on guys and don't feel attracted to girls in that way.

I have nothing against anyone regarding their sexual identity or orientation, but I prefer not being mistaken for a lesbian. while I'm of course flattered, I don't want to put out lesbian vibes to guys I may find attractive.

I refuse to wear crop tops or anything like that, tight clothes don't look that great on my and my boobs already spill out of my clothes. I dress for comfort now, I don't necessarily care about what I wear as long as it's comfy as I have to work all day. i also don't wear makeup cause it causes me to break out. still, withoutut drastically changed my routine, what can I do to look less gay?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, lezbians don't look like anything, there is a funny joke of what lezbians look like, but if people not on the internet thing your a lezbian, idunno, maby you give that sorta vibe.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know how tho! I just wear t-shirts and jeans, occasionally some sweatpants. I didn't chop off my hair or anything, so I don't know why people would think that automatically

• Show All
    • tried that once, they just shrugged. real descriptive huh? 😂

• Fuck, well then I can't help ye.

Most Helpful Girl

• as a gay girl I can honestly tell you the only reason I would assume a girl is gay just from looking is if she is wearing plaid, combat boots, a beanie even though it is warm/indoors, has her hair dyed funky colours/has short hair, and has an abundance of tattoos. And 9 times out of 10 I would need to see a combo of those things not just one. So if you aren't doing any of that then you probably don't look like a lesbian... oh and snapbacks/dressing pretty butch.

0|0
    0|0
    • the most I do is the plaid and combat boots, and that's mostly when it's cold anyways. normally it's just a t-shirt and jeans

• Show All
    • ya just loving cats on it's own isn't really a good indicator. I dunno girl... people are weird.

• yeah, I don't get it. figured I'd ask to see if anyone could figure anything out 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I have a friend who dresses normal and doesn't wear makeup and she gets treated the same way even though she is straight and even has a kid. my only advice is just be yourself and correct people when they think your lesbian. because changing how you look for others is bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • people who think you are a lesbian because of your looks are stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • send picture

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I suggest getting a little bit out of your comfort zone while still being yourself. Try to find comfortable clothes that are still feminine. There are plenty of comfortable dresses and skirts out there, that are not tight. A plain boxy sweater dress is a great option, it's a large clothing just how you like it, it's all plain and it could be even more plain by being black, but it still has the girly touch of being a dress. Wear clothes with a few bits of girly touches, it could be ruffles, bows, embroidery, Peter Pan collar, lace, etc...
    You could always stay true to your style and who you are, while still changing things up. Like I said, the femininity shouldn't be in the entire outfit, just in bits and bobs. For instance, stick to masculine colors if you like them, colors like dark grey and navy blue, and at the same putting in the effort in looking girly, that way you're still being yourself. You could get inspiration from the outfits below.
    cache.net-a-porter.com/.../818577_fr_pp.jpg
    cache.net-a-porter.com/.../818415_in_pp.jpg
    cache.net-a-porter.com/.../865341_in_pp.jpg
    Culottes are a good alternative to skirts. You feel like you're pants but instead look like you're wearing a skirt, thus feminine.
    cache.net-a-porter.com/.../814725_fr_pp.jpg
    Flared jeans are one of the most girly jeans. I bet you will love them, and you won't be stereotyped as a 'lesbian' in them, they're way better than baggy jeans.
    cache.net-a-porter.com/.../715329_fr_pp.jpg
    You see, it's just a matter of not wearing 100% boyish clothes. Try to avoid looking too masculine. If you have a pixie cut, maybe try growing your hair to at least ear length, just a suggestion, you don't have to. I'm not trying to push you to drastically change, I'm only giving you advice on how to be more girly.

0|0
    0|0
  • dress like a girl and you stand better chance with guys

0|1
    0|0
    • I just wear a t-shirt and jeans, wtf else do you want to do?

• Show All
    • ok tommy

• Where did tommy come from? :p

• I hate when people assume I'm a lesbian. I totally get what you mean. Just because I don't talk that much about guys they assume I'm a lesbian. I just like to keep that shit reserved.
    I also don't have anything against lesbians, but it is fucking annoying when they think they know you more than you know yourself. Especially when they think I have small crushes on them. It's freaking annoying. I tend to just ignore it, adn let people think what they wanna think.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes