Girls, do hair conditioners really work or its something unneccessary made up by cosmetic producers?

I started to feel like they don't work I'm not sure. If you are using conditioners I'm asking your opinions.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes of course they do. When you shampoo your hair you're stripping out all of your hair and scalp's natural oils. A conditioner replaces those oils.

Maybe you just need a new conditioner or need to wash your hair less?

• Both I guess, but summer is coming regular shower everyday seems obligatory.

• Summer is legit the BEST time to start washing your hair less. Not only does not washing your hair save water but it saves time in the shower so the house gets less hot and humid. Plus you're not hoping your hair will dry all day. And since it's hot you're going to wear your hair up anyway. You can skip washing it by putting it in a bun, under a hat, using braids, headscarves, etc...

So you can still shower! Just invest in a shower cap.

Also I'm a huge advocate of salon products. Like I buy 1 bottle of conditioner at the salon that costs $16, but it lasts me a year. I buy a bottle of pantene and that's like what? 4$ every month? The salon product pays for itself in 4 months.