Girls, do hair conditioners really work or its something unneccessary made up by cosmetic producers?

I started to feel like they don't work I'm not sure. If you are using conditioners I'm asking your opinions.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes of course they do. When you shampoo your hair you're stripping out all of your hair and scalp's natural oils. A conditioner replaces those oils.

Maybe you just need a new conditioner or need to wash your hair less?

2|0
    0|1
    • Both I guess, but summer is coming regular shower everyday seems obligatory.

• Summer is legit the BEST time to start washing your hair less. Not only does not washing your hair save water but it saves time in the shower so the house gets less hot and humid. Plus you're not hoping your hair will dry all day. And since it's hot you're going to wear your hair up anyway. You can skip washing it by putting it in a bun, under a hat, using braids, headscarves, etc...

So you can still shower! Just invest in a shower cap.

Also I'm a huge advocate of salon products. Like I buy 1 bottle of conditioner at the salon that costs $16, but it lasts me a year. I buy a bottle of pantene and that's like what? 4$ every month? The salon product pays for itself in 4 months.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• definitely makes a difference for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it works, it helps to smooth down the cuticle- the outer layer of the hairshaft

Try changing your conditioner. I've had to try a few different ones to suit my hair. Some conditioners make my hair greasy, others aren't as effective.

Some weigh the hair down too much, and make your hair unmanageable, so you may need to try a few different ones to find the most suitable for your own hair texture

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm using John Frieda many people were pleasant by that brand. But it started to make my hair weird. It worked initially

• Show All
    • Your hair texture may have changed slightly so that's why's it's stopped being effective.

• My hair was straight and smooth and thin now it became wavy frizzy and thick. The conditioner works out a little bit. Not too much.

• I've quit using conditioner because my hair gets too soft and flat. A sulfate free shampoo is good in this case because it's not as harsh.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah sulfates are harsh cleansing agents

• I told my hairdresser that I had stopped using conditioner and she said that was good as long as I went with sulfate free shampoo

• My hair has a thick kinky curly pattern, so conditioner is like hair crack for me! I always go for a sulfate free conditioner and other hair products. My favorites are tresseme naturals and ogx. It also gives good slip to detangle my hair. Once it's rinsed out and I add a natural oil, my curls will be poppin' and soft๐Ÿ˜Š

1|0
    0|0
  • they do work. usually its better tu get sulfate free shampoo like the brand sexy hair is the best one in this case. i ve been using it since forever makes my hair shine amazingly and its healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • For me I can definitely tell a huge difference- my hair is long and dyed and without it my hair is extremely knotty and doesn't look as sleek. I like to use Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructonstor too and it works miracles lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I use a Moroccan oil hair mask once a week, and I can't tell you the world a difference it makes. It's all about what you use. I use a vegan shampoo, and a vegan conditioner once a week. Then I use the vegan shampoo followed by a Moroccan oil mask. It's amazing.

1|0
    0|0
  • What exactly are you trying to achieve with your hair?

1|0
    0|0
    • My hair is frizzy. And it feels like a weird layer formed on it. Maybe its because my former conditioner vontains dimethicone

• I put coconut oil in my hair a lot. It's really good for it, better than conditioner.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't use a lot of conditioner if any. Weighs down my hair and makes me have to wash my hair more often.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it really works I always use it after I used the shampoo. It just makes my hair so smooth and if you get one with a certain sense they smell soo good for the next two days!

1|0
    0|0
  • They are not made to improve your hair condition, they are made to make it look better and smoother. Not all of them work for me though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like if you use the same conditioner too much the effects fade so you have to switch.

1|0
    0|0
  • They do work, they generally soften and detangle hair at a base value, while others have additional benefits if you know what to buy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't use it for a couple weeks and see how it feels. Maybe you don't need it. Maybe you do. I much prefer to use it.

1|0
    0|0
  • My life would be miserable without hair conditioner. It makes brushing my hair after shower so much easier and tames my frizz

1|0
    0|0
  • Well the deep conditioners work for me especially if it's been made by a Dr.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do. You can use alternatives but they deffo work.

1|0
    0|0
  • they work, you can see the difference in texture and softness after using it

1|0
    0|0
  • I have curly hair. Conditioner is absolutely essential for me, more important than shampoo.

1|0
    0|0
  • It works for me. It's like cream, it hydrates my hair and make it look smooth

1|0
    0|0
  • Without conditioner I simply cannot do anything at all with my hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it works for me not only does it make my hair soft it also makes my hair smell really good

1|0
    0|0
  • Conditioners are very necessary, you just got to find a good brand.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some do work for me. But not all kind of them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Which kind/ brand? Do you recommend any?

• Nivea Milk and Loreal Oil. But what works for me doesn't necessary work for another person. I discovered that when I was on vacation with a friend of mine and that I used hers. Had no effect on my hair.

• Ok thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

• It works for me though

1|0
    0|0
  • can t comb my hair without it

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't wash my hair without them.

1|0
    0|0
  • my hair dresser told me that since they consists some chemicals they are also bad for hair

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes