Why must we believe that "all women are beautiful"?

After all, no one believes that ALL people are great singers or that ALL guys are good athletes. Isn't physical beauty just another trait or "talent" that a lucky few are bestowed with? The truth is that some have a lot of it, some have only a little, and some have practically none or are downright ugly.

But over and over we are told to think that all women are sexy and beautiful. This attitude crops up all the time now in articles that read more like propaganda:
https://www.seventeen.com/beauty/news/a45935/big-thigh-twitter/

I get that many have low self-esteem about their looks, including myself. But I'm not sure that becoming delusional is the solution.

• Why must we believe that Yes, ALL women are beautiful bombshells, regardless of how they look
  • Why must we believe that Technically no, not all women are beautiful. Sorries
  • Results
    Vote C

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Because "beautiful" is very subjective. Some people see beauty in people's bodies. Some see beauty in their faces. Some even see beauty in personalities.

No, of course not everyone is conventionally attractive. But that doesn't mean that everyone is not beautiful in some way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men judge women primarily on looks. So as a straight woman, it's pretty devastating to be ugly.

On top of that, there is a whole industry at worst telling women they're ugly, at best showing them lots of models more beautiful than themselves.

He nice the meme that "all women are beautiful". It's about seeing the good in every person. Take Charlize Theron. Few would dispute that she is a beautiful woman. But did you see her in "Monster"?

It's about helping all women thrive, regardless of their genetics.

• *Hence the meme

Fucking autocorrect! It's like having a reality contestant as an editor.

• Ok. But women judge men primarily on money and success. Men's magazines are filled with expensive watches, sports cars, designer suits, etc., that would make a poor or unemployed man feel bad. So why aren't we assuring guys that "All men are rich"? Or posting pics of homeless men on Twitter with the hashtag #successfulmen?