Why must we believe that "all women are beautiful"?

After all, no one believes that ALL people are great singers or that ALL guys are good athletes. Isn't physical beauty just another trait or "talent" that a lucky few are bestowed with? The truth is that some have a lot of it, some have only a little, and some have practically none or are downright ugly.

But over and over we are told to think that all women are sexy and beautiful. This attitude crops up all the time now in articles that read more like propaganda:
https://www.seventeen.com/beauty/news/a45935/big-thigh-twitter/

I get that many have low self-esteem about their looks, including myself. But I'm not sure that becoming delusional is the solution.

• Why must we believe that Yes, ALL women are beautiful bombshells, regardless of how they look
    Vote A
  • Why must we believe that Technically no, not all women are beautiful. Sorries
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because "beautiful" is very subjective. Some people see beauty in people's bodies. Some see beauty in their faces. Some even see beauty in personalities.

No, of course not everyone is conventionally attractive. But that doesn't mean that everyone is not beautiful in some way.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men judge women primarily on looks. So as a straight woman, it's pretty devastating to be ugly.

On top of that, there is a whole industry at worst telling women they're ugly, at best showing them lots of models more beautiful than themselves.

He nice the meme that "all women are beautiful". It's about seeing the good in every person. Take Charlize Theron. Few would dispute that she is a beautiful woman. But did you see her in "Monster"?

It's about helping all women thrive, regardless of their genetics.

0|0
    0|0
    • *Hence the meme

Fucking autocorrect! It's like having a reality contestant as an editor.

• Ok. But women judge men primarily on money and success. Men's magazines are filled with expensive watches, sports cars, designer suits, etc., that would make a poor or unemployed man feel bad. So why aren't we assuring guys that "All men are rich"? Or posting pics of homeless men on Twitter with the hashtag #successfulmen?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Not all men are useful either but we have to treat them like they are. Some are only good as worm food. Yes, some women are ugly and I look at them and wonder why they don't do something about it. Maybe being ugly has its advantages. They probably don't have to worry about guys perving on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how you define beauty.
    Being judgmental and being practical are two different things
    If I say, "this girl is so ugly!" And imagine I'm seeing you for the first time that's what is judgmental.
    And if I'm like, "all call her ugly. So why not me?" That's being stupid.

The reality thing is what I agree with. But yet, I maintain my stand.

1|0
    0|0
  • since we're talking about physical beauty then I'd say no, not every woman is beautiful. and tbh not every woman beautiful is personality either. Sadly there are people who are both and aren't beautiful at all. that's just reality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is purely in the eyes of the beholder.
    You are not being "forced" to believe in anything you don't wish do.

1|0
    0|0
  • i was raised pretty is as pretty does it doesn't matter how you look as long as you act pretty you will be pretty.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• cause they be sensitive af.

vicious at that stage

0|0
    0|0
  • It's lies made up by ugly people so they can feel better about themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Some people are super fucking ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are indoctrinated by neo-liberal propaganda so the society "must" adapt to various misleading interpretations.
    But in reality, we all know that not all the women are beautiful, just like not all the men are beautiful, just like not all the food is tasty, just like not all the cars are fast etc.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes