Why were girls thinner in the 80s?

I'm watching miami vice and I notice that the girls at the beach are all fit and thin, and then I realize most of the 80s movies I watch have girls with that body. I guess back then there was no excuse to be fat.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The percentage of obese Americans has gone up over time, so you're correct. However, I wouldn't base my research on the actors they picked for a TV show or movie, because they are naturally going to select the most attractive people for that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• nope and there was no excuses to say no to a guy either if you wanted sex it was way easier and there was hardly any aids going around that did not happen till like a year or 2 after that show went off the air i think.

sex was the free life when i was younger. i got lucky i was not caught up in that i guess but a lot of people were and got aids and other std's

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• people are eating more junk and things that didn't exist yet (thankfully) in that time period.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... maybe its the same with boys...

0|0
    0|0
  • because of junk food, I think people just used to eat healthier

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• It's a bit of an ongoing debate what's causing it. Too much calorie consumption obviously, but there are suspected to be some other factors.

A major reason I would say?

The amount of food people eat that's cooked at home vs. purchase ready made has plummeted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the amount of overweight people has gone up in past decades. On the other hand
    - Actors
    - more good looking people at the beach in general

But yeah, I see your point.

1|0
    0|0
  • U wot mate?

Today's fat food is cheap to produce, which means it's cheaper to buy. example: Hot dogs, very cheap and can last a while, and hot dogs aren't even that cheap nor that fat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Less artificial and genetically modified foods

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes