Why were girls thinner in the 80s?

I'm watching miami vice and I notice that the girls at the beach are all fit and thin, and then I realize most of the 80s movies I watch have girls with that body. I guess back then there was no excuse to be fat.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• The percentage of obese Americans has gone up over time, so you're correct. However, I wouldn't base my research on the actors they picked for a TV show or movie, because they are naturally going to select the most attractive people for that.

Most Helpful Guy

• nope and there was no excuses to say no to a guy either if you wanted sex it was way easier and there was hardly any aids going around that did not happen till like a year or 2 after that show went off the air i think.

sex was the free life when i was younger. i got lucky i was not caught up in that i guess but a lot of people were and got aids and other std's