Should a guy wear moisturiser?

The other day in a lecture... we somehow started talking about looking after skin, and this debate cropped up. Thought I might bring it to here!

So... to use or not to use?

And should I use it if I'm trying to maintain a stubble?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah, moisturize and wear sunscreen. But remember, stubble is really scratchy on sensitive female faces, so please at least keep it very clean so when it scratches it doesn't also get germs in the scratches. (Two recent cases of beard rash, I'm a little obsessed.)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what extent you maintain personal hygiene. If you feel it'll make you more comfortable, you should go for it. Social constructs/norms are redundant in many cases.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Definitely! I always urge my boyfriend to wear lotion and then sunblock when he's out of the house, especially since he's always out in the sun. He's only 25 and I can already see his skin getting kinda leathery and there are creases at the corners of his eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have really dry skin then yes. If it is normal skin, sometimes. And if it is oily then don't wear moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. A thousand times yes. I cannot emphasis the importance of a well maintained beard, stubble included... and it's good for your skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depend on your skin, if you have a very dry skin and age quickly yes if no then I think it's better to not use one. Personally I don't like it when a guy do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would, just because your a man doesn't mean you shouldn't care for your skin! It's a good thing when a man cares for himself and takes pride in his appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like a wise idea. Why shouldn't men take care of their skin? It's part of shaving and hygiene surely?

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone should wanna take care of their skin/self, if it helps any skin problem they might have then cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is not a gendered product. It is a product to moisturise your skin, it isn't specified as a female product.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the purpose of moisturizer is keep keep skin supple. So if you don't want wrinkles I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Everyone should moisturise with SPF 15 (or above if you're pale). Nothing masculine or feminine about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure it's not like boys must have shitty skin lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Everyone should use a moisturizer, girls and guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with a man using moisturizer in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone needs to moisturize their skin unless they want their skin to age faster than them.

0|0
    0|0
  • EVERY guy should use it. It's good for your skin

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would if I were a guy, skin is skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah don't be nasty

0|0
    0|0
  • He can if he wants to...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, especially over any stubble and those parts of your face can get even more dry. Bare in mind, though, some girls don't use moisturizer because they eat well, excercise and stay hydrated. Regardless of gender, if you're doing those three things you don't need moisturizer (unless you're prone to excessively dry skin or skin spots) and vice-versa

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think it really does anything if you have hair on your skin. Can't really feel whether it's moisturized or not. But I don't think it can hurt either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You might be fine as a young man, but as you get older, it makes a difference.
    And having stubble is irrelevant...

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. My skin looks much better since I started using moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • If not you could end up with dry skin or skin that cracks which could burn or hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • no men should not wear moisturiser

1|0
    1|0
  • yes, if you have mad dry skin then definitely.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear it, healthy skin shouldn't be just for women, lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes