How to keep it smelling fresh?

What kind of products do girls use down there? To smell good. I wanna smell extra good. All the time

74

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know much about that lol but there is something I want to warn you about.
    There are some women who use these douches to clean their vaginas with water but that's a BAD IDEA! I can explain why.

The first layer of defense against all kinds of germs etc. Is the skin and it protects us from most intruders that's why wounds are not great and we could get infected. But the vagina is a gap in that protection.

So there's a very complicated and delicate defense system in the vagina, it has to protect the body from all the bad bacteria but it can't kill off the sperm because otherwise every woman would be infertile and we'd all go extinct.

So there's a lot of bacteria that help you and antibodies and all kinds of stuff and it's very carefully balanced and protecting you from infections etc. So if you spray water in there you destroy the entire ecosystem and you weaken your defenses. Women who do that have higher risk of infections etc. So that's why you should be careful about this. I can't really tell you if there's any products but you should probably talk to a doctor who can tell you what's safe and hygenic and what's not good to do. Good luck ;)

• that's why over 50 million douches were sold last year?

• no it is totally false as doctors everywhere endorse the use of douches

• @Sha84 That's not true it can be done if done right, but there's tons of doctors that warn of the dangers infections etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your vagina and vulva are self cleaning. You really do not need more products than frequent (1-2 times a day) bathing/showering and a mild bar of soap for the external area.

Change out of damp workout wear or swimsuits quickly after you are done exercising. Wear 100% cotton underwear, and avoid wearing tight pants - or don't wear them every day. Let your lady parts get air at night when you sleep. Sometimes if you know it's going to be a very sweaty day, non-talcum baby powder can make it more comfortable. Unless you are directed to do so by a healthcare professional, don't douche - it will make you prone to infection.