Do you like when white people wear dreads?

I have always loved the style and think I could pull it off well but don't know if that would be appropriation.
I don't need a lesson on how to up keep them

So what do you think?

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If they fit the person, they'll look good. Of course it's appropriate, why would it not be?

1|1
    0|0
    • You miss read that. Appropriation is taking the styles of a certain culture and using them for a fashion purpose. Like box braids or a hijab.

• I know, and I'm saying whether it's appropriation or not, that's something people are being overly picky with. Dreads or even braids were used originally used in many cultures. Even Makeup/war paint, or high heels, but use those nonetheless, without thought for appropriation. If someone is making negative comments on it, they're just being silly or looking to find something to argue over. Hijab perhaps.. I don't know too much of their beliefs, but that may hold some sort of infringement against their beliefs, but even the act of dressing as such (Although slightly different) can be found in other cultures, far in the past.

• Thanks for the input

Most Helpful Girl

• Dreds are traceable to most any aboriginal population at one time or another including Vikings and celts, cultural appropriation is just propaganda of the leftists that makes zero sense. If you wanna do it, do it.

3|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I find it hot as hell for some reason. Especially on beautiful petite women like the pics there. Course I like petite women in general but I find it sexy for some reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thinks dreads looks dreadful on people in general speaking and I've never been a fan of them. (I finds wordplay hilarious, so I put it in my opinion). They just doesn't look good and I finds them a major turn off in the dating world.

Except from dating I doesn't care that much other than I may think it doesn't look good. But anyway, it looks worse on people with blonde or ginger hair than people with dark hair. Black haired and dark brown haired people suits dreads a bit better, regardless of race.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont care. Why even bring up their race? Being white has nothing to do with how you style your hair

0|0
    1|0
    • It does. When a certain culture uses hair styles to stand out from others and then another race comes along and takes those styles and uses them for fashion but gives none of the credit to the culture then that is wrong

• Show All
    • I'm not a victim. I'm privileged πŸ˜‰

• Okay. Your views on other races are insulting and patronizing though.

• I don't think it looks good so wouldn't wear it but i think people should do whatever they want if it makes them happy.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's cute if done right. Dreads are a lot to keep up with though. If left unchecked they can get nasty pretty fast.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it looks completely retarted tbh, it only looks good on black people

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't like dreads, at all, so no, not even in White people.

0|2
    0|0
  • I like it but, mainly on a hippie chick. If she's not a hippie chick then I view it as posing

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what I see. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I like it , so be it. Otherwise I won't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it triggers me. Keep those cultural-appropriators out of my safe-space!! Haha. Just kiddin'.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I think some white people can really rock them. They are seen as a stoner thing, even though they aren't necessarily. All races throughout history have had them but they are associated with blacks and may offend them. It's YOUR hair and I personally think they are cool.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it can look really good on some , but most can't pull it off. I wouldn't say it looks bad because of them being white , but some dont take care of their dreads properly and just result in looking trashy. The first girl that you put of a picture up of looks cute

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Dreads are not really meant for white people. Not trying to be racist or anything about this. It's a little odd to me.

0|0
    1|1
    • Technically all races have at one point wore them but thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it

• Yea but speaking from myself and my fiancΓ© being black, our culture doesn't really like seeing white any race taking our hairstyles. People will stare or say words. All i'm trying to say is just be prepared for looks or disgusting words. Your welcome πŸ™‚

• I like the ones in the top pic but not the 2nd one~ she can't pull them off as well in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • You could. I have seen some really good ones. I dont like when they are in pastel colors unless its mauve. However, the girl in the second pic is really rocking it. So go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah its your hair if u like then go for it. But be prepares for a lot of stares.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why "White" ? Anybody can wear them. I personally doesn't look of it but it have nothing to do with being White...

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I think they generally look pretty bad on white people.

0|0
    0|0
  • i love dreads. Regardless of what race you are

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it looks good once you keep neat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes