Do you like when white people wear dreads?

I have always loved the style and think I could pull it off well but don't know if that would be appropriation.
I don't need a lesson on how to up keep them

So what do you think?

1522

Most Helpful Guy

• If they fit the person, they'll look good. Of course it's appropriate, why would it not be?

• You miss read that. Appropriation is taking the styles of a certain culture and using them for a fashion purpose. Like box braids or a hijab.

• I know, and I'm saying whether it's appropriation or not, that's something people are being overly picky with. Dreads or even braids were used originally used in many cultures. Even Makeup/war paint, or high heels, but use those nonetheless, without thought for appropriation. If someone is making negative comments on it, they're just being silly or looking to find something to argue over. Hijab perhaps.. I don't know too much of their beliefs, but that may hold some sort of infringement against their beliefs, but even the act of dressing as such (Although slightly different) can be found in other cultures, far in the past.

• Thanks for the input

Most Helpful Girl

• Dreds are traceable to most any aboriginal population at one time or another including Vikings and celts, cultural appropriation is just propaganda of the leftists that makes zero sense. If you wanna do it, do it.