Why are girls obsessed with beauty?

all these beauty magazines, tv shows... youtube videos... commercials.. instagram.. the crazy diets.. selfies. lmao it's a lot.

204

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of it is cultural influences, honestly. Do you really think we're interested in doing all of this crazy shit to our faces? No. It's a lot of work. But most women want a partner, and most men want an attractive partner.

It is a vicious cycle. Even though I don't really wear make up, I do try to take care of my appearance with exercise and face washes 😕 Natural beauty still isn't really natural...

• true.. as a guy I just need a haircut twice a weeks.. and shave once a week... that's it... I literally just roll out of bed and start playing video games

• You know how many times I've wished I was a dude because of that? Women like it when guys look rugged. I love a guy with a beard, no cologne, and body hair.

Life would be so much easier as a guy in those regards... but I also know you guys have your own challenges.

I'd rather have the job of staying sexually appealing, than to have the expectations of being the breadwinner.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of it is because they feel it is expected of them, because they feel that society expects it of them, and a lot of that has been driven by males, historically speaking. If you think that the majority of women would spend time looking beautiful just to sit in the house and do nothing then you'd be deluded. Most girls let it slide when they have no reason to go anywhere or see anyone.

• Nice point but your a guy and I rather have a girls point of view because there Girls and your a man.. I think you get the point

• Sure, no problem. If it was clear that you were asking girls only then I wouldn't have replied. I'm sure you'll get plenty of female responses.

• female are hott