What to wear to a job interview?

I applied at a retail store and got a call back! The manager told me to dress fashionably not professionally to the interview!

I actually have a pair of shorts I bought from there I was thinking of wearing! But I'm not sure if shorts would be appropriate?

Since she did say fashionably, I should be okay with wearing shorts right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm kind of guessing shorts mightn't be all that fashionzble. Or are the shorts you're talking about a fashionable pair?

Alternativel you could wear a nice skirt made of soft material that flows nicely when you walk and looks great when you're sitting.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that'd be okay as long as they're nice shorts, not like torn up and holey or anything, I think that's be okay and with a nice top and a pair of sandals or converse if you have a pair, maybe some flats or something depending on the kind of shorts but I think that'd be okay

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• NO shorts.

Dress to impress. Google business casual if its retail you want to look as professional and unique as possible. While giving off the nice friendly attitude.

0|0
    0|0
  • skirt and blouse? dress pretty?
    images.asos-media.com/.../image1xl.jpg?$XL$

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear a ribbed tank top and then accuse the interviewer of sexual harassment for staring at you. It's legal now to do that.

0|0
    0|1
  • the key here is to dress like you belong to this place.

0|0
    0|0
  • jeans paired with a white t-shirt or a shirt. Best combination ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear a dress with no panties. Then tell him you have no panties. You'll get the job.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nothing and you'll get the job ! If I do that I'd get charges

0|0
    0|0
  • no booty shorts, and no basketball shorts. you want to stay as classy as you can

0|0
    0|0
  • I would dress like it's a first date! Nice but not over the top :)

0|0
    0|0
  • clothes from that store

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|1
  • no booty shorts, and no basketball shorts. you want to stay as classy as you can

0|0
    0|0
  • its not a big deal what you wear to these if its just for a retail job , as long as its not something horrible or revealing

0|1
    0|0
  • good luck

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I'd probably wear a floral dress or skirt and make an outfit from those, fashionable should still look classy/mature for an interview, you don't want to be too casual...

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh lawd, PLEASE do not wear shorts! Capris or jeans, cool. But NOT shorts. I would say focus more on the shoes and top with a matching hairstyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • ooh fashionably huh? well maybe something trendy.. a nice top with a jeans. Maybe a top with frills/silk and some good accessories to go with.

0|0
    0|0
  • A pair of black or tan slacks with a nice fancy top is always good!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not wear shorts to an interview. Don't you have some professional pair of pants?

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not shorts.

0|0
    0|0
  • A nice top with skinny jeans and heels. Do your hair/makeup accordingly

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear a lebron jersey

0|1
    0|0
  • Keep it smart